RemedySpot.com

Cooking cracked grains

Rate this topic

Guest guest

I have some whole kamut, spelt, oat groats and wheat and would like to make a multi-grain cracked cereal.  Does anybody know what the grain / water ratio would be and the cooking time?

Thanks!Rena

If God brings you to it, He will bring you through it.Happy moments, praise God. Difficult moments, seek God. Quiet moments, worship God. Painful moments, trust God. Every moment, thank God.

In the Vitamix Whole Grain cookbook wheat is 3 to 1 and oats are 4 to 1. I have cracked rice, wheat, and oats in the dry container and they all have turned out great. Rice by the way is 4 to 1. Tom From: [mailto: ] On Behalf Of Rena GlubaySent: Thursday, February 23, 2012 4:34 PM Subject: Cooking cracked grains I have some whole kamut, spelt, oat groats and wheat and would like to make a multi-grain cracked cereal. Does anybody know what the grain / water ratio would be and the cooking time?Thanks!RenaIf God brings you to it, He will bring you through it.Happy moments, praise God. Difficult moments, seek God. Quiet moments, worship God. Painful moments, trust God. Every moment, thank God.

Hi Tom,And you cooked all three together?  Did you crack them together or separately?

RenaIf God brings you to it, He will bring you through it.Happy moments, praise God.

Difficult moments, seek God. Quiet moments, worship God. Painful moments, trust God. Every moment, thank God.

On Thu, Feb 23, 2012 at 3:11 PM, Tom Matuschak <pmatus@...> wrote:

In the Vitamix Whole Grain cookbook wheat is 3 to 1 and oats are 4 to 1.  I have cracked rice, wheat, and oats in the dry container and they all have turned out great.  Rice by the way is 4 to 1.

Tom  

Sent: Thursday, February 23, 2012 4:34 PM Subject: Cooking cracked grains

I have some whole kamut, spelt, oat groats and wheat and would like to make a multi-grain cracked cereal.  Does anybody know what the grain / water ratio would be and the cooking time?

Thanks!Rena

If God brings you to it, He will bring you through it.Happy moments, praise God. Difficult moments, seek God. Quiet moments, worship God. Painful moments, trust God. Every moment, thank God.

No I cracked them separately made porridge out of each on different occasions but I guess I could have combined them. Tom From: [mailto: ] On Behalf Of Rena GlubaySent: Thursday, February 23, 2012 5:44 PM Subject: Re: Cooking cracked grains Hi Tom, And you cooked all three together? Did you crack them together or separately?RenaIf God brings you to it, He will bring you through it.Happy moments, praise God. Difficult moments, seek God. Quiet moments, worship God. Painful moments, trust God. Every moment, thank God.On Thu, Feb 23, 2012 at 3:11 PM, Tom Matuschak <pmatus@...> wrote: In the Vitamix Whole Grain cookbook wheat is 3 to 1 and oats are 4 to 1. I have cracked rice, wheat, and oats in the dry container and they all have turned out great. Rice by the way is 4 to 1. Tom From: [mailto: ] On Behalf Of Rena GlubaySent: Thursday, February 23, 2012 4:34 PM Subject: Cooking cracked grains I have some whole kamut, spelt, oat groats and wheat and would like to make a multi-grain cracked cereal. Does anybody know what the grain / water ratio would be and the cooking time?Thanks!RenaIf God brings you to it, He will bring you through it.Happy moments, praise God. Difficult moments, seek God. Quiet moments, worship God. Painful moments, trust God. Every moment, thank God.