RemedySpot.com

Peanut butter ice cream

Rate this topic

Guest guest

This recipe is different from the fruit+milk ice cream recipe that came with the machine. We made this last night using almond milk and peanut butter and it was FANTASTIC - it really had the consistency of ice cream, and a perfect blend of salty/sweet flavor. Adding chocolate chips will be my next flavor endeavor. I pulled the recipe from the blog http://chocolatecoveredkatie.com

Never-ending PB Ice Cream

(gluten-free and sugar-free)

1/4 tsp pure vanilla extractvery scant 1/16 tsp salt (don’t omit)sweetener (such as 1 stevia packet or 1T sugar)1 cup almond milk (I used unsweetened Silk. See below for substitution notes.)

1-3 T nut butter of choiceOptional: you can add banana, chocolate chips, etc.

Mix the ingredients in a plastic container. (Or you can use an ice cube tray.) Freeze. Once frozen, pop the block out of the container (I thaw for 30 seconds in the microwave first) and blend in your Vita-Mix. (If you don’t have a vita-mix, you’ll probably have to thaw longer, but you can still get a yummy ice milk.)

See the following post for the Calorie Information.

Thanks to the fat in the peanut butter, this ice cream is a bit creamier than the vanilla version. However, if you want it even creamer,

try using at least 1/4c canned coconut milk (or maybe even a little creamer?). You can, of course, also sub other non-dairy milks for the almond. But if you do this, play around with the amount of vanilla extract, sweetener, and add-ins. (For example, an already-sweetened milk

will probably need less added sweetener.)