RemedySpot.com

Re: OT: TFal Actifry

Rate this topic

Guest guest

You can do the same thing with a Halogen oven and it's a lot cheaper. I have a Sharper Image Super wave oven and I like it. I often buy the frozen sweet potato fries or chunks and I just lay them out in a pan that comes with it. They get nice and crispy on the outside.

I bought this oven from HSN. There is also a group for the Super wave owners. You could check to see if there's an Actifry group and join it if there is. You can get more information there.

Lucille

Sent: Sunday, February 26, 2012 6:59 AM

Subject: OT: TFal Actifry

Was at costco today, saw a machine called Actifry, it claims to make crispy french fries and other things with just a tablespoon of oil, wondering if anyone has one, or knows how well it really works? seems almost too good to be true, fried food taste and still fairly healthy???

I was somewhat intrigued with the Actifry when it first came out, but I am leary

of the non stick coating in it (ift comes with a warning not to use in homes

with pet birds as it is toxic to them-if it is for them, it must be for humans

too!) i had a neat little pot called a " cook and stir " that had a similar

stirring paddle and was great for making sauces, but the non stick coating on it

quickly peeled and chipped, so I figured the Actifry would do the same thing. I

avoid non stick coatings on cookware after not only reacting to them, burt doing

research on how toxic they are. Just my two cents worth, of course.

>

> Was at costco today, saw a machine called Actifry, it claims to make crispy

> french fries and other things with just a tablespoon of oil, wondering if

> anyone has one, or knows how well it really works? seems almost too good to

> be true, fried food taste and still fairly healthy???

>

It depends on what they use for non stick, I have a cuisinart ceramic based non stick surface (which are very pricey) and it performs great..  Not sure what they use in the actifry thoughOn Sun, Feb 26, 2012 at 6:18 AM, <berrywell@...> wrote:

I was somewhat intrigued with the Actifry when it first came out, but I am leary of the non stick coating in it (ift comes with a warning not to use in homes with pet birds as it is toxic to them-if it is for them, it must be for humans too!) i had a neat little pot called a " cook and stir " that had a similar stirring paddle and was great for making sauces, but the non stick coating on it quickly peeled and chipped, so I figured the Actifry would do the same thing. I avoid non stick coatings on cookware after not only reacting to them, burt doing research on how toxic they are. Just my two cents worth, of course.

>

>

My mother has one of the cuisinart ceramics and just loves it. TFal though, is

one of the primary manufacturers of the toxic stuff, so with the Actifry being

made by them, I shied away from it. Here is a link with some info on non stick:

http://forum.tayyar.org/f80/teflon-tefal-poisonous-how-avoid-toxic-substances-22\

815/

> > >

> > > Was at costco today, saw a machine called Actifry, it claims to make

> > crispy

> > > french fries and other things with just a tablespoon of oil, wondering if

> > > anyone has one, or knows how well it really works? seems almost too good

> > to

> > > be true, fried food taste and still fairly healthy???

> > >

> >

> >

> >

>

Some of the new pans on QVC and HSN are non stick ceramic made with sand.

Lucille

Sent: Sunday, February 26, 2012 10:08 AM

Subject: Re: Re: OT: TFal Actifry

It depends on what they use for non stick, I have a cuisinart ceramic based non stick surface (which are very pricey) and it performs great.. Not sure what they use in the actifry though

On Sun, Feb 26, 2012 at 6:18 AM, <berrywell@...> wrote:

I was somewhat intrigued with the Actifry when it first came out, but I am leary of the non stick coating in it (ift comes with a warning not to use in homes with pet birds as it is toxic to them-if it is for them, it must be for humans too!) i had a neat little pot called a "cook and stir" that had a similar stirring paddle and was great for making sauces, but the non stick coating on it quickly peeled and chipped, so I figured the Actifry would do the same thing. I avoid non stick coatings on cookware after not only reacting to them, burt doing research on how toxic they are. Just my two cents worth, of course.

>> Was at costco today, saw a machine called Actifry, it claims to make crispy> french fries and other things with just a tablespoon of oil, wondering if> anyone has one, or knows how well it really works? seems almost too good to> be true, fried food taste and still fairly healthy???>

Saw an infomercial on TV about flavorstone cookware - does anyone have these or tried them?Flavorstone™ | Thane Canada

Dennis From: lschacht@...Date: Sun, 26 Feb 2012 11:35:15 -0500Subject: Re: Re: OT: TFal Actifry

Some of the new pans on QVC and HSN are non stick ceramic made with sand.

Lucille

Sent: Sunday, February 26, 2012 10:08 AM

Subject: Re: Re: OT: TFal Actifry

It depends on what they use for non stick, I have a cuisinart ceramic based non stick surface (which are very pricey) and it performs great.. Not sure what they use in the actifry though

On Sun, Feb 26, 2012 at 6:18 AM, <berrywell@...> wrote:

I was somewhat intrigued with the Actifry when it first came out, but I am leary of the non stick coating in it (ift comes with a warning not to use in homes with pet birds as it is toxic to them-if it is for them, it must be for humans too!) i had a neat little pot called a "cook and stir" that had a similar stirring paddle and was great for making sauces, but the non stick coating on it quickly peeled and chipped, so I figured the Actifry would do the same thing. I avoid non stick coatings on cookware after not only reacting to them, burt doing research on how toxic they are. Just my two cents worth, of course.

>> Was at costco today, saw a machine called Actifry, it claims to make crispy> french fries and other things with just a tablespoon of oil, wondering if> anyone has one, or knows how well it really works? seems almost too good to> be true, fried food taste and still fairly healthy???>

I've had one. Personally don't think it lives up to its hype. Yes it will do it.

Small amount of oil. But it does not taste the same as it's 'naughty'

counterpart. Healthier options available are much tastier than trying to imitate

the less healthy versions. Just my opinion. Many people love them.

Debbie

>

>