RemedySpot.com

Re: Re: New Vitamix machines and Green Smoothies

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Hi. I'm new to the list Have an older VitaMix; the generation before the 5200 I think. I have loved it. But wondering if there are any real benefits for upgrading. I also looked at another popular machine as the container appears to be more easily managed for getting out ingredients. But the VM seems to have more user control. Anyway, my question really is about benefits of upgrading. I have the large container, the dry use container and the quart size container. Use it almost every day for something. My fav thing is smoothies. Today will be making White Bean and Kale Soup. I will use the VM in the process.

Vicki

Re: New Vitamix machines and Green Smoothies

>> I am so excited for you guys! Green Smoothies in my Vitamix machine changed my life. > > If the only thing that a new Vitamix owner did was add just one Green Smoothie (fruit OR all veggie based) per day to their diet, and nothing else, the health benefits would make the Vitamix well worth the investment. Absolutely! I could not agree more. Green smoothies really do change lives.

Hi Vicki,Can you post your White Bean soup recipe?Thanks-Teri From: Vicki <j.ireland@...> Sent: Saturday, February 25, 2012 3:08 PM Subject: Re: Re: New Vitamix machines and Green Smoothies

Hi. I'm new to the list Have an older VitaMix; the generation before the 5200 I think. I have loved it. But wondering if there are any real benefits for upgrading. I also looked at another popular machine as the container appears to be more easily managed for getting out ingredients. But the VM seems to have more user control. Anyway, my question really is about benefits of upgrading. I have the large container, the dry use container and the quart size container. Use it almost every day for something. My fav thing is smoothies. Today will be making White Bean and Kale Soup. I will use the VM in the process.

Vicki

>> I am so excited for you guys! Green Smoothies in my Vitamix machine changed my life. > > If the only thing that a new Vitamix owner did was add just one Green Smoothie (fruit OR all veggie based) per day to their diet, and nothing else, the health benefits would make the Vitamix well worth the investment. Absolutely! I could not agree more. Green smoothies really do change lives.

Teri,

I will post. Because it's a bit of an experiment, I'll give a taste first. It's just finishing in the pressure cooker. (smiles)

I guess veggie smoothies are not for me I tried the one in the book same as the one listed below. Horrible. Honestly worse thing I ever had I think seriously.

I guess I'll stick to fruit which I am enjoying. I have realized I don't care for mango much . I also tend to limit my strawberries although I do love strawberries but it tends to over power other fruit same goes with bananas. Honestly it is very hard to get good fruit where I live cause we are a island everything has to be flow in usually from the U.S.

We don't even get it from the mainland (what we refer the rest of Canada ) although Ontario and BC grow alot of fruit I think it's cheaper to have it come via the U.S.!!!

So I buy more frozen fruit which is good too I have to say and cheaper then the fresh stuff!!!!

From: ne Lockwood <glockwood@...>Subject: Re: New Vitamix machines and Green Smoothies Received: Saturday, February 25, 2012, 12:23 PM

I just got my Vitamix four days ago and we’ve been using it several times a day. Today I had an all veggie smoothie – tomato, onion, kale, cilantro, carrot, red pepper, a dash of hot sauce and some Worcestershire. It looked weird so I was a little concerned but it was DELISH. Even hubby, the veggie snob, tasted it and liked it! He’s had a veggie smoothie every day. I’ve made fresh salsa and some other odds and ends.

The video that came with the package (I got mine online at Costco.com) is very helpful. Funny thing…we went to Costco about two days after receiving it and there was this guy demonstrating the machine! Funny how the universe works. So we got to watch him make stuff and ask questions.

I bought a book The Green Smoothie Revolution or something like that. Some good recipes but I am SURE an all raw lifestyle would not fly in my house and, frankly, I’m not wanting to do that. But I need to lose some weight and my husband needs to get off his blood pressure medication (we’re close, real close) and I really feel this machine and philosophy is the way to go for us. I don’t stick to things that are complicated. Simple always works best for me. And this is SO SIMPLE. Just buy veggies, throw them in the machine, eat them and clean in one easy step. Nothing easier.

What I did take away from the book was the importance of rotating greens and not having the same thing every day. I can attest to the fact that eating spinach every day is BAD. I got my first kidney stone (VERY painful) but I was lucky it was small and passed quickly. The doctor at the ER said that eating spinach every day could have helped cause its formation. So now I’m varying with lettuce, kale, parsley, etc.

QUESTION: I’m wheat intolerant. Would it be likely that wheat grass would also cause a problem? I’m thinking so.

ANOTHER QUESTION: What about sprouts? Do these act like a green in the body?

Thanks. So glad I found this group!

Find Sylvana Vintage Designs @ http://www.sylvanavintagedesign.etsy.com and https://www.facebook.com/SylvanaVintageDesigns

Enjoy my blog, Romancing the Everyday, @ http://www.sylvanavintagedesigns.wordpress.com.

My latest book, The Complete Idiot’s Guide to Beading Basics, is now available at amazon.com and your local & Noble bookstore.

Hey ,A good place to start is adding spinach to your fruit smoothie...(if someone already mentioned this..sorry).  I make a strawberry, banana smoothie with almond milk,  and I fill the rest of the blender with baby spinach, other than the color I don't know it's in there.  Even my 7 year old son loves it!  And he saw me put the spinach in there!  And he is totally anti-vegetable!  

Hope this helps! On Tue, Feb 28, 2012 at 8:32 PM, <lisablue916@...> wrote:

I guess veggie smoothies are not for me I tried the one in the book same as the one listed below. Horrible. Honestly worse thing I ever had I think seriously.

I guess I'll stick to fruit which I am enjoying. I have realized I don't care for mango much . I also tend to limit my strawberries although I do love strawberries but it tends to over power other fruit same goes with bananas. Honestly it is very hard to get good fruit where I live cause we are a island everything has to be flow in usually from the U.S.

We don't even get it from the mainland (what we refer the rest of Canada ) although Ontario and BC grow alot of fruit I think it's cheaper to have it come via the U.S.!!!

So I buy more frozen fruit which is good too I have to say and cheaper then the fresh stuff!!!!

From: ne Lockwood <glockwood@...>Subject: Re: New Vitamix machines and Green Smoothies

Received: Saturday, February 25, 2012, 12:23 PM

I just got my Vitamix four days ago and we’ve been using it several times a day. Today I had an all veggie smoothie – tomato, onion, kale, cilantro, carrot, red pepper, a dash of hot sauce and some Worcestershire. It looked weird so I was a little concerned but it was DELISH. Even hubby, the veggie snob, tasted it and liked it! He’s had a veggie smoothie every day. I’ve made fresh salsa and some other odds and ends.

The video that came with the package (I got mine online at Costco.com) is very helpful. Funny thing…we went to Costco about two days after receiving it and there was this guy demonstrating the machine! Funny how the universe works. So we got to watch him make stuff and ask questions.

I bought a book The Green Smoothie Revolution or something like that. Some good recipes but I am SURE an all raw lifestyle would not fly in my house and, frankly, I’m not wanting to do that. But I need to lose some weight and my husband needs to get off his blood pressure medication (we’re close, real close) and I really feel this machine and philosophy is the way to go for us. I don’t stick to things that are complicated. Simple always works best for me. And this is SO SIMPLE. Just buy veggies, throw them in the machine, eat them and clean in one easy step. Nothing easier.

What I did take away from the book was the importance of rotating greens and not having the same thing every day. I can attest to the fact that eating spinach every day is BAD. I got my first kidney stone (VERY painful) but I was lucky it was small and passed quickly. The doctor at the ER said that eating spinach every day could have helped cause its formation. So now I’m varying with lettuce, kale, parsley, etc.

QUESTION: I’m wheat intolerant. Would it be likely that wheat grass would also cause a problem? I’m thinking so.

ANOTHER QUESTION: What about sprouts? Do these act like a green in the body?

Thanks. So glad I found this group!

Find Sylvana Vintage Designs @ http://www.sylvanavintagedesign.etsy.com and https://www.facebook.com/SylvanaVintageDesigns

Enjoy my blog, Romancing the Everyday, @ http://www.sylvanavintagedesigns.wordpress.com.

My latest book, The Complete Idiot’s Guide to Beading Basics, is now available at amazon.com and your local & Noble bookstore.

-- NataliaThere's a difference between interest and commitment. When you're interested in doing something, you do it only when it's convenient. When you're committed to something, you accept no excuses; only results.