RemedySpot.com

Beginner help

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

OK, got my Vitamix in today -- the first smoothie went great -- oranges, frozen bananas, rice milk and yogurt, not in that order, of course (I did read directions).  Then, I tried the Emerald Ecstasy green smoothie and the half apple didn't get mixed in, chopped up at all -- I used the tamper and everything else mixed up great -- the kids loved it, minus about 1/4 an apple that just was left at the bottom of the carafe.  What could I have done wrong? 

Liz --  Who can list the glorious miracles of the LORD? Who can ever

praise him half enough? (Psalm 106:2)

Guest guest

When I first got mine I had tended to not run it long enough. It sounds like it just needed more time. Did you have it on high speed?Sent from my iPadOn Mar 5, 2012, at 4:39 PM, Liz <lizsmithnc@...> wrote:

OK, got my Vitamix in today -- the first smoothie went great -- oranges, frozen bananas, rice milk and yogurt, not in that order, of course (I did read directions). Then, I tried the Emerald Ecstasy green smoothie and the half apple didn't get mixed in, chopped up at all -- I used the tamper and everything else mixed up great -- the kids loved it, minus about 1/4 an apple that just was left at the bottom of the carafe. What could I have done wrong?

Liz -- Who can list the glorious miracles of the LORD? Who can ever

Guest guest

Hi Liz,I don't think you did anything wrong. I think it was a naughty apple...Was that 1/2 of an apple (well, the 1/4 that was left) stuck under the blades? I quit doing 1/2 apples and went to 1/4 of an apple at shows, because something about the shape of 1/2 apple makes it really easy to get caught up under the blades and go spinning round and round and round with the blades. I can tell when this is happening and rarely can I get the tamper to knock it loose (it is all spinning under the blades way down at the bottom).I have even had this happen on rare occasions with 1/4 of an apple, or sometimes the core of my pineapple slice. It REALLY looks bad when I have to stop and take the lid off and use my knife to pull the offending fruit out from under the blades. In a show I put things in as whole as possible (admittedly) to impress the audience. At home I cut apples into 1/4s or 1/8s and I cut my pineapple cores in half :-)

Blessings,Lea Ann SavageSatellite Beach, FL(321) 773-7088 (home)(321-961-9219 (cell)))><'>www.VitamixLady.comwww..com<:)))><

On Mar 5, 2012, at 4:39 PM, Liz wrote:

OK, got my Vitamix in today -- the first smoothie went great -- oranges, frozen bananas, rice milk and yogurt, not in that order, of course (I did read directions). Then, I tried the Emerald Ecstasy green smoothie and the half apple didn't get mixed in, chopped up at all -- I used the tamper and everything else mixed up great -- the kids loved it, minus about 1/4 an apple that just was left at the bottom of the carafe. What could I have done wrong?

Liz -- Who can list the glorious miracles of the LORD? Who can ever