RemedySpot.com

Re: Spicy V8 Green smoothie

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

This looks REALLY good , and has all of the taste elements necessary for a good "V8 Copy Cat" recipe - tartness (from the lime juice) and salty (from the bullion). I'm with you - I need the Sea Salt (my bullion is made with Sea Salt). Often, when I am making a V8, I skip the bullion and just use Sea Salt.I filed this away on our group's home page here:Links > 1 -RECIPES > Blended Salads / Cold Green Soups / "Saloups" / All-Veggie Smoothies / V8 Juice Recipes/links/Recipe_Links_001298558025/Blended_Salads___Cold_Green_Soups____Sal_001327151383/

Blessings,Lea Ann SavageSatellite Beach, FL(321) 773-7088 (home)(321-961-9219 (cell)))><'>www.VitamixLady.comwww..com<:)))><

On Mar 5, 2012, at 6:43 AM, flnancy1958 wrote:

This morning's creation:

Handful of spnach

1 small clove of garlic

1/4 cup raw red pepper

1 large tomato

1 can chili tomato (mild)

1 carrot

1 stalk celery

1/2 spoonful of vegetable soup bouillion concentrate disolved in about a cup of water

3 capfuls of lime juice (sorry, didn't have fresh on hand)

Buzz this first and then I go back and add a lidful of ice.

I am loving this. Not really too spicy but might be a sodium issue for some. Some of you might prefer sea salt instead but I don't think I would like it without any type of salt.

Let me know what you think.

Guest guest

This sounded really good.I decided it was time for me to try making a vegetable juice too, so after going grocery shopping and picking up some veggies I mixed up the following in the Vitamix:1 cup of grape tomatoes a tiny bit past their prime1 large fresh plum tomatoa handful of spinacha very small Persian cucumber (ends cut off but not skinned)two slices of fresh lemon (rind removed)1 stalk of celery (cut into 1 inch pieces including the leaves)1 carrot (cut into 1 inch pieces)2 cups of water and about a cup of crushed ice.I deliberately didn't add any bullion or saltI mixed this up in the Vitamix and it didn't taste bad, but it sure did look muddy brown. As a retired art teacher I know that red plus green equals brown, so it makes sense.I felt that I had gone too light on the tomato portion of the mix. So I saved half of the mix as it was, and mixed up the other half with about a cup of canned tomato puree. That surely added some sodium content, but not nearly as much as if I had added bullion or salt.I poured a cup of the tomato rich mixture into a cup and added some Worcestershire sauce and it was pretty good.Tonight I am going to try making Butternut Squash Soup from the book that came with my VitamixTerriOn Mar 5, 2012, at 6:43 AM, flnancy1958 wrote:

This morning's creation:

Handful of spnach

1 small clove of garlic

1/4 cup raw red pepper

1 large tomato

1 can chili tomato (mild)

1 carrot

1 stalk celery

1/2 spoonful of vegetable soup bouillion concentrate disolved in about a cup of water

3 capfuls of lime juice (sorry, didn't have fresh on hand)

Buzz this first and then I go back and add a lidful of ice.

I am loving this. Not really too spicy but might be a sodium issue for some. Some of you might prefer sea salt instead but I don't think I would like it without any type of salt.

Let me know what you think.

Guest guest

Sounds good, I didn't have any cucumber on hand or would have thrown that down

the shute.

>

> > This morning's creation:

> >

> > Handful of spnach

> > 1 small clove of garlic

> > 1/4 cup raw red pepper

> > 1 large tomato

> > 1 can chili tomato (mild)

> > 1 carrot

> > 1 stalk celery

> > 1/2 spoonful of vegetable soup bouillion concentrate disolved in about a cup

of water

> > 3 capfuls of lime juice (sorry, didn't have fresh on hand)

> > Buzz this first and then I go back and add a lidful of ice.

> >

> > I am loving this. Not really too spicy but might be a sodium issue for some.

Some of you might prefer sea salt instead but I don't think I would like it

without any type of salt.

> >

> > Let me know what you think.

> >

> >

>

• 4 months later...
Guest guest

To newbies out there, copy cat V8 recipes are the best.

>

> >

> > Handful of spnach

> > 1 large tomato

> > 1 carrot

> > 1 stalk celery

> > 1/2 spoonful of vegetable soup bouillion concentrate disolved in about a cup

of water

> >

> > I am loving this. Not really too spicy but might be a sodium issue for some.

Some of you might prefer sea salt instead but I don't think I would like it

without any type of salt.

> >

> >

> >

>

Guest guest

I agree, have made the copycat several times, but I do use sea salt.  It tastes very close, sometimes better, but the brown color doesnt make it look as good as a v8.  although its much healthier.

On Wed, Jul 18, 2012 at 6:35 AM, flnancy1958 <flnancy1958@...> wrote:

To newbies out there, copy cat V8 recipes are the best.

>

> >

> > Handful of spnach

> > 1 large tomato

> > 1 carrot

> > 1 stalk celery

> > 1/2 spoonful of vegetable soup bouillion concentrate disolved in about a cup of water

> >

> > I am loving this. Not really too spicy but might be a sodium issue for some. Some of you might prefer sea salt instead but I don't think I would like it without any type of salt.

> >

> >

> >

>