RemedySpot.com

Gluten free soup

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

I noticed this Irish Soup that is gluten free. I know some of you have allergies so I saw this on another list I grabbed it for you. As you can tell from my name we are Irish soSlainte, (say "slawn cha)TerryGluten and Dairy Free Colcannon SoupSource : Teri Gruss, MS, Your About.com Guide to gluten-free cookingColcannon is an Irish soup, traditionally made with mashed potatoes and green cabbage or kale. This gluten and dairy-free version of Colcannon is adapted from a recipe that appears in The Best International Recipes by the Editors of Cook's Illustrated.I used a variety of fingerling potatoes in my recipe, including the colorful and healthy "purple" fingerling. Also this recipe doesn't require that you mash the potatoes- they are cubed and cooked right in this one pot recipe.Ingredients:3 slices gluten-free bacon1 medium, finely chopped onions1 large, finely sliced leek (white and light green portion only)4 cups chopped green cabbage OR kale2 minced cloves garlic2 tablespoons all-purpose gluten-free flour OR sweet rice flour1/2 cup dry white wine4 cups good quality gluten-free chicken stock (homemade is best!)12 ounces cubed potatoes (I used a mixture of red, purple and yellow fingerling potatoes)1/2 cup light canned coconut milk OR heavy cream if you aren't dairy-freeSalt and pepper to tastePreparation:In a large stockpot fry bacon. Remove cooked bacon and let cool.Add onion, leek and cabbage to the pan. Stir to coat with bacon fat. Cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally until the vegetables are tender, about 8 minutes.Add garlic and gluten-free flour. Stir to blend.Add wine and simmer 2 minutes until mixture begins to thicken.Add potatoes and chicken stock and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for about 12 minutes or until potatoes are tender. Lightly mash potatoes with a fork while still in pan.Crumble cooled bacon and add to soup. Season with salt and pepper.Serves 6 to 8Reminder: Always make sure your work surfaces, utensils, pans and tools are free of gluten. Always read product labels. Manufacturers can change product formulations without notice. When in doubt, do not buy or use a product before contacting the manufacturer for verification that the product is free of gluten.------------------------------------Sent from my iPad