RemedySpot.com

Re: Using Vitamix to make Cheesecake?

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Hello,You should be able to do it, but keep in mind that there is NO FAN cooling the motor when using the lower variable speeds. The 5200 machine only has a fan cooling the motor when the machine is running on high.If the batter is really thick, I'd take breaks from blending and let the motor cool off some. If it is not so thick (more like pancake batter) you should be ok.IF the machine were to stop working while you were making the batter (if on variable speeds) don't panic. It has a thermal heat sensor that protects the motor from overload. Once the motor cools off, it will come back on!

Blessings,Lea Ann SavageSatellite Beach, FL(321) 773-7088 (home)(321-961-9219 (cell)))><'>www.VitamixLady.comwww..com<:)))><

On Mar 1, 2012, at 2:38 PM, TrackerAz wrote:

Can I use my new Vitamix (5200) like I would my KitchenAid mixer? I'm making DH a cheesecake...you know, eggs, cottage cheese, melted butter, cream cheese, sugar, sour cream. Now the sour cream has to be folded in, so I'd have to do that last in a bowl but can I do the regular job of the mixer in the Vitamix? What variable speed would I use and for how long? It would be SOOOO much easier than lugging my big KitchenAid out! Tell me I can do it!

Guest guest

I've made cheesecake in mine then cooked it in a pressure cooker and it was

probably the smoothest, creamiest cheesecake I've ever made. Put the most liquid

stuff at the bottom with cream cheese at top of the blender jar.

Carol K

> On Mar 1, 2012, at 2:38 PM, TrackerAz wrote:

> Can I use my new Vitamix (5200) like I would my KitchenAid mixer? I'm making

DH a cheesecake...you know, eggs, cottage cheese, melted butter, cream cheese,

sugar, sour cream. Now the sour cream has to be folded in, so I'd have to do

that last in a bowl but can I do the regular job of the mixer in the Vitamix?

What variable speed would I use and for how long? It would be SOOOO much easier

than lugging my big KitchenAid out! Tell me I can do it!

Guest guest

I’m going to try it. I have no problem turning it off and on periodically. Thanks for the hint about putting the most liquid stuff at the bottom. I let the cream cheese soften at room temperature and I can even cut it up into smaller chunks to help with processing. I think it will be a breeze! We’ll see. I’ll let y’all know. ne

Guest guest

Thank you ne,I love reading that you are going to use your Vitamix in this way...This is EXACTLY why I created this Group! To me, $400 is a LOT for a kitchen appliance (not so much for kitchen gadget junkies :-) but for the average family, $400 is a LOT for what SEEMS like JUST a Blender.But it is SO MUCH MORE!!!Will it compare to a Kitchen Aide Mixer? No - but it beats the heck out of my little hand mixer which I haven't used once in the 4 years I've had my Vitamix machine.Will it compare to a Magimix food processor? No - but I've way more than quadrupled the times that I've "chopped" veggies because I have a Vitamix that is so easy to clean and now I only get out my food processor for BIG recipes that don't require just a little bit of chopping.…and I could go on and on about the other ways the Vitamix can be used in the kitchen, but you get the idea :-) It is the EASY clean up that makes me willing to do all of this in the kitchen (because I don't like cooking! :-)

Blessings,Lea Ann SavageSatellite Beach, FL(321) 773-7088 (home)(321-961-9219 (cell)))><'>www.VitamixLady.comwww..com<:)))><

On Mar 2, 2012, at 10:03 AM, ne Lockwood wrote:

I’m going to try it. I have no problem turning it off and on periodically. Thanks for the hint about putting the most liquid stuff at the bottom. I let the cream cheese soften at room temperature and I can even cut it up into smaller chunks to help with processing. I think it will be a breeze! We’ll see. I’ll let y’all know. ne