RemedySpot.com

Re: Blendtec Breaks Live on QVC

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

It didn't break. The blendtec is an awesome blender •Robbin On Mar 5, 2012, at 10:28 PM, Dave Baer <baerwealth@...> wrote:

Hey group,I watched Blendtec the other week on QVC and was pretty surprised to see it break on live TV. I know no product is perfect but from what I have heard, seen and read Blendtec does have a reliability issue. Vitamix all the way for me! Check out the video here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oPQ0Z9lEZRwBlessings,Dave

Guest guest

It looks like it never did anything. Sent from my iPadOn Mar 5, 2012, at 11:10 PM, Robbin <diciacco1@...> wrote:

It didn't break. The blendtec is an awesome blender •Robbin On Mar 5, 2012, at 10:28 PM, Dave Baer <baerwealth@...> wrote:

Hey group,I watched Blendtec the other week on QVC and was pretty surprised to see it break on live TV. I know no product is perfect but from what I have heard, seen and read Blendtec does have a reliability issue. Vitamix all the way for me! Check out the video here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oPQ0Z9lEZRwBlessings,Dave

=

Guest guest

Perhaps it didn't break but from what the video shows it was turned on by her then does not mix at all she then moves away and you hear it rev very high and still no mixing at all she then turns it off and they never visit it again and as you watch you will see it disappears and is not mentioned. It is obvious it broke because it never did blend the frozen yogert. Blendtec is good and a lot of people like it I believe that this video is just an example of some reliablity issues as compared to Vitamix.

Have a great day,

Dave

From: Trisha <tmeyers85@...>" " < > Sent: Tuesday, March 6, 2012 3:45 AMSubject: Re: Blendtec Breaks Live on QVC

It looks like it never did anything. Sent from my iPad

On Mar 5, 2012, at 11:10 PM, Robbin <diciacco1@...> wrote:

It didn't break. The blendtec is an awesome blender •Robbin

On Mar 5, 2012, at 10:28 PM, Dave Baer <baerwealth@...> wrote:

Hey group,

I watched Blendtec the other week on QVC and was pretty surprised to see it break on live TV. I know no product is perfect but from what I have heard, seen and read Blendtec does have a reliability issue. Vitamix all the way for me! Check out the video here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oPQ0Z9lEZRw

Blessings,

Dave=

Guest guest

Were those cherries she poured in the blender jar pitted?  It looked like she poured the cherries, pits and all into the blender. Could have been the pits got stuck in the blades.....  just saying.The Blendtec is pretty awesome, as is the Vitamix.  I like the wider bottom in the Blendtec. I think it's easier to get the stuff out of the jar.

Barb T.  :-)On Mon, Mar 5, 2012 at 10:28 PM, Dave Baer <baerwealth@...> wrote:

Hey group,I watched Blendtec the other week on QVC and was pretty surprised to see it break on live TV.  I know no product is perfect but from what I have heard, seen and read Blendtec does have a reliability issue.  Vitamix all the way for me!  Check out the video here:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oPQ0Z9lEZRw

Blessings,Dave

-- Barbara

Guest guest

IMO it simply formed an air pocket, and without a tamper, you have to take the lid off, and pop the air pocket to get everything blending again. Blendtec demonstrators like to say, "we don't need a tamper like the "other" brands do…" but this is an example of when a tamper would have been nice to have. (the fact that you can find after market tampers for the blendtec on eBay indicates that there is a need for a tamper)I assume that in rehearsal, they planned for, and discussed what they would do in case something like this happened. Moving on to other machines making other recipes looks like the best strategy IMO.If you look at the videos on this page: http://vitamixlady.com/vitamix-vs-blendtec/ you will see that it is the recipes that are thicker, which could benefit from a tamper, that Blendtec has the most difficulty with. Admittedly - both of those guys are Vitamix sales demonstrators, trying to use a bit of humor, and exaggerating the flaws of the Blendtec :-)I think the Blendtec is GREAT for people who only do Green Smoothies - I think it does a fine job on Green Smoothies. And for some people, the Blendtec is great for all applications. Thank goodness for choices and differences in people's preferences or life would be rather boring :-)There is NO DOUBT that I am biased towards the Vitamix ;-) But, I don't want any Blendtec owners to feel put down or unwelcome here. The important thing is that we all share a common interest in using very powerful blenders to help us reach our culinary or our health goals!

Blessings,Lea Ann SavageSatellite Beach, FL(321) 773-7088 (home)(321-961-9219 (cell)))><'>www.VitamixLady.comwww..com<:)))><

On Mar 6, 2012, at 10:54 AM, Dave Baer wrote:

Perhaps it didn't break but from what the video shows it was turned on by her then does not mix at all she then moves away and you hear it rev very high and still no mixing at all she then turns it off and they never visit it again and as you watch you will see it disappears and is not mentioned. It is obvious it broke because it never did blend the frozen yogert. Blendtec is good and a lot of people like it I believe that this video is just an example of some reliablity issues as compared to Vitamix.

Have a great day,

Dave

From: Trisha <tmeyers85@...>" " < > Sent: Tuesday, March 6, 2012 3:45 AMSubject: Re: Blendtec Breaks Live on QVC

Hey group,

I watched Blendtec the other week on QVC and was pretty surprised to see it break on live TV. I know no product is perfect but from what I have heard, seen and read Blendtec does have a reliability issue. Vitamix all the way for me! Check out the video here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oPQ0Z9lEZRw

Blessings,

Dave=

Guest guest

The blendtec is a good blender. There are pros and cons of each blender. You'll do well with either one. •Robbin On Mar 6, 2012, at 10:54 AM, Dave Baer <baerwealth@...> wrote:

Have a great day,

Dave

Hey group,

Blessings,

Dave=

Guest guest

I agree Robbin. I have both and there are different things I like about each. From: [mailto: ] On Behalf Of RobbinSent: Tuesday, March 06, 2012 2:30 PM Subject: Re: Blendtec Breaks Live on QVC The blendtec is a good blender. There are pros and cons of each blender. You'll do well with either one. •Robbin

Guest guest

Very well said Lea Ann. From: [mailto: ] On Behalf Of Lea Ann SavageSent: Tuesday, March 06, 2012 11:54 AM Subject: Re: Blendtec Breaks Live on QVC IMO it simply formed an air pocket, and without a tamper, you have to take the lid off, and pop the air pocket to get everything blending again. Blendtec demonstrators like to say, " we don't need a tamper like the " other " brands do… " but this is an example of when a tamper would have been nice to have. (the fact that you can find after market tampers for the blendtec on eBay indicates that there is a need for a tamper) I assume that in rehearsal, they planned for, and discussed what they would do in case something like this happened. Moving on to other machines making other recipes looks like the best strategy IMO. If you look at the videos on this page: http://vitamixlady.com/vitamix-vs-blendtec/ you will see that it is the recipes that are thicker, which could benefit from a tamper, that Blendtec has the most difficulty with. Admittedly - both of those guys are Vitamix sales demonstrators, trying to use a bit of humor, and exaggerating the flaws of the Blendtec :-) I think the Blendtec is GREAT for people who only do Green Smoothies - I think it does a fine job on Green Smoothies. And for some people, the Blendtec is great for all applications. Thank goodness for choices and differences in people's preferences or life would be rather boring :-) There is NO DOUBT that I am biased towards the Vitamix ;-) But, I don't want any Blendtec owners to feel put down or unwelcome here. The important thing is that we all share a common interest in using very powerful blenders to help us reach our culinary or our health goals! Blessings,Lea Ann SavageSatellite Beach, FL(321) 773-7088 (home)(321-961-9219 (cell)))><'>www.VitamixLady.comwww..com<:)))><

Guest guest

Looks like she had too many cherries for the amount of yoghurt. The Blendtec did not break. They are both good blenders. But Vitamix owners here sure like to find fault with Blendtec. Every other week someone posts about having to send their Vitamix in to be worked on and I don’t remember any Blendtec owner commenting on it.

A

Guest guest

That is probably because the percentage of Blendtec owners on a Vitamix Enthusiasts list is pretty low so you aren't hearing from them proportionately. I've never noticed complaints about breakage at the frequency that you mentions.I once talked to a Blendtec sales demonstrator who contacted me to ask questions about "changing sides" and becoming a Vitamix sales demonstrator. He asked me, "how many machines do you go through in a show". I answered, "usually between 40-50 in a 5-day show". He replied, "no, I mean how many machines do you use to demonstrate with?" At that point I'd been with Vitamix for about 2 1/2 years and answered, "only one". He informed me that he used to go through 3-4 machines per show because they were always breaking down. He told me that if he found a machine that worked well, he took it from show to show because it was so hard to find one that would perform consistently all day long.

Blessings,Lea Ann SavageSatellite Beach, FL(321) 773-7088 (home)(321-961-9219 (cell)))><'>www.VitamixLady.comwww..com<:)))><

On Mar 7, 2012, at 5:34 AM, A wrote:

Looks like she had too many cherries for the amount of yoghurt. The Blendtec did not break. They are both good blenders. But Vitamix owners here sure like to find fault with Blendtec. Every other week someone posts about having to send their Vitamix in to be worked on and I don’t remember any Blendtec owner commenting on it.

A

Guest guest

Well, to be fair, the name of the group is "Vitamix Enthusiasts.......". So, alot of usare naturally partial/loyal to the Vitamix.But, I think it's important to be kind toeveryone here. G From: A

<blwkk2@...> Sent: Wednesday, March 7, 2012 5:34 AM Subject: Re: Blendtec Breaks Live on QVC

A

Guest guest

Then, the proper thing to do would have been to fix the problem, which would have been easy to do. Not ignore it. By ignoring it, it implied the problem could not be fixed on the air.On Wed, Mar 7, 2012 at 6:34 AM, A <blwkk2@...> wrote:

Looks like she had too many cherries for the amount of yoghurt. The Blendtec did not break.