RemedySpot.com

Re: New Vitamix owner testimony

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Wow!  I would love to see videos of how you do all this stuff.  You are amazing!Rena

If God brings you to it, He will bring you through it.Happy moments, praise God. Difficult moments, seek God. Quiet moments, worship God. Painful moments, trust God. Every moment, thank God.

On Fri, Mar 9, 2012 at 8:30 AM, Liz <lizsmithnc@...> wrote:

Oh, how I am enjoying this Vitamix!  I own a Bosch Universal Plus (actually, I own a new and older model) and used the blender mostly for making smoothies and wheat berry pancake batter, and I have the food processor and shredder attachments.  I let a neighbor have my newer machine and blender, and decided I wanted to try something different, because I didn't like the way I had to fight to get the blade component back in after cleaning.  I also didn't like the way things kind of leaked out of the bottom of the blender (probably because we should have been replacing the o ring or didn't put it back together correctly) -- we actually did have one big accident where we took the blender off the machine after mixing up a smoothie and the whole bottom fell out.  Yeah, that was fun. 

In the meantime, for chopping and pureeing I used a Ninja, which broke after a few uses.  It wasn't big enough and powerful enough for my family of 10.  So, after looking at the Vitamix online, and watching Lea Ann's demonstration videos (which had my husband convinced), we took the plunge and bought the 5200 Deluxe Complete Kitchen Package.

I have no buyer's remorse!  After receiving this machine just this past Monday (today is Friday), here are just a few of the ways I have used it: Mixing eggs, chia seeds, sugar, butter for muffins as well as various other batters for pancakes, cornbread using flax and chia seeds -- no flax seeds visible -- Nice! 

Tortilla soup according to the recipe in the book, but then I added my own stuff and mixed up diced tomatoes with chilies, onion, garlic cloves, and other veggies. (We are veg-a-phobes here -- no one wants to see the zucchini, squash, and onions they eat)

Threw in chunks of zucchini with eggs and other wet components for muffins -- the kids loved how they turned out, no big shreds in their muffins, but nice little pieces.Mashed sweet potatoes -- baked sweet potatoes in my roaster oven and then skinned them and threw them in the Vitamix with a little butter - Yum -- they were so light and fluffy, had to make seconds for everyone.

Dry-chopped carrots, eggs, onions, celery (each separately) for macaroni salad.  My daughter, who is the one who usually has to do all this chopping, was absolutely amazed! Of course, smoothies every day -- a green smoothie (my husband is now making these for us before he leaves for work) and smoothies for the kids -- I have been adding spinach and flax seeds to mixed berries and there are no seeds visible.  They used to not like berry smoothies because of the seeds - but not with the Vitamix. And they can't even tell the flax and spinach is in there.  I've told them about the " magic veggies " and my 12 yo asked if flax seeds were the " magic seeds " -- of course I said yes.  

I have used the Vitamix at least 3 times a day since I got it.  I puree, mix, dry chop, wet chop, and I haven't even had time to use my dry carafe yet to crack and grind wheat, but we're almost out of our Bob's Red Mill Brown Rice Farina, so I can't wait to try my own!  We're on a gluten free diet right now, and I can't imagine what I would have done without this machine. My time in the kitchen has been cut in half.  I do not buy processed foods -- I make just about everything we eat from scratch, and with 13 of us (my family, my soon to be son-in-law, and 2 foster boys), I cook a lot.  Eating fast food (yuck!) costs us about $50, so in just a few meals eating at home instead of running out for something, I have not only paid for my Vitamix, but I have given my family super healthy foods instead.  

Did I mention I am happy with this machine?  The only thing I regret is that I didn't buy one sooner!Liz NC--  Who can list the glorious miracles of the LORD? Who can ever

praise him half enough? (Psalm 106:2)

Guest guest

Wow Liz! You are really putting it to great use! Very inspirational.

Fran

In a message dated 3/9/2012 10:30:14 A.M. Eastern Standard Time, lizsmithnc@... writes:

Oh, how I am enjoying this Vitamix! I own a Bosch Universal Plus (actually, I own a new and older model) and used the blender mostly for making smoothies and wheat berry pancake batter, and I have the food processor and shredder attachments. I let a neighbor have my newer machine and blender, and decided I wanted to try something different, because I didn't like the way I had to fight to get the blade component back in after cleaning. I also didn't like the way things kind of leaked out of the bottom of the blender (probably because we should have been replacing the o ring or didn't put it back together correctly) -- we actually did have one big accident where we took the blender off the machine after mixing up a smoothie and the whole bottom fell out. Yeah, that was fun.

In the meantime, for chopping and pureeing I used a Ninja, which broke after a few uses. It wasn't big enough and powerful enough for my family of 10. So, after looking at the Vitamix online, and watching Lea Ann's demonstration videos (which had my husband convinced), we took the plunge and bought the 5200 Deluxe Complete Kitchen Package.

I have no buyer's remorse! After receiving this machine just this past Monday (today is Friday), here are just a few of the ways I have used it:

Mixing eggs, chia seeds, sugar, butter for muffins as well as various other batters for pancakes, cornbread using flax and chia seeds -- no flax seeds visible -- Nice! Tortilla soup according to the recipe in the book, but then I added my own stuff and mixed up diced tomatoes with chilies, onion, garlic cloves, and other veggies. (We are veg-a-phobes here -- no one wants to see the zucchini, squash, and onions they eat) Threw in chunks of zucchini with eggs and other wet components for muffins -- the kids loved how they turned out, no big shreds in their muffins, but nice little pieces. Mashed sweet potatoes -- baked sweet potatoes in my roaster oven and then skinned them and threw them in the Vitamix with a little butter - Yum -- they were so light and fluffy, had to make seconds for everyone. Dry-chopped carrots, eggs, onions, celery (each separately) for macaroni salad. My daughter, who is the one who usually has to do all this chopping, was absolutely amazed! Of course, smoothies every day -- a green smoothie (my husband is now making these for us before he leaves for work) and smoothies for the kids -- I have been adding spinach and flax seeds to mixed berries and there are no seeds visible. They used to not like berry smoothies because of the seeds - but not with the Vitamix. And they can't even tell the flax and spinach is in there. I've told them about the "magic veggies" and my 12 yo asked if flax seeds were the "magic seeds" -- of course I said yes.

I have used the Vitamix at least 3 times a day since I got it. I puree, mix, dry chop, wet chop, and I haven't even had time to use my dry carafe yet to crack and grind wheat, but we're almost out of our Bob's Red Mill Brown Rice Farina, so I can't wait to try my own! We're on a gluten free diet right now, and I can't imagine what I would have done without this machine. My time in the kitchen has been cut in half. I do not buy processed foods -- I make just about everything we eat from scratch, and with 13 of us (my family, my soon to be son-in-law, and 2 foster boys), I cook a lot. Eating fast food (yuck!) costs us about $50, so in just a few meals eating at home instead of running out for something, I have not only paid for my Vitamix, but I have given my family super healthy foods instead.

Did I mention I am happy with this machine? The only thing I regret is that I didn't buy one sooner!

Liz

NC

--

Who can list the glorious miracles of the LORD? Who can ever praise him half enough? (Psalm 106:2)

Guest guest

Hi Liz - Glad you are enjoying your Vitamix. I have used one for 40 years. I see you have a Bosch. I have been looking at them and also the DLX from Electrolux. I want one for making bread - more sticky type like ciabatta. Right now I just do one loaf at a time. The Electrolux seems to have a larger bowl in stainless but the motor has less watts. Any opinions?Debbie (beachbums)On Mar 9, 2012, at 10:30 AM, Liz wrote:

Oh, how I am enjoying this Vitamix! I own a Bosch Universal Plus (actually, I own a new and older model) and used the blender mostly for making smoothies and wheat berry pancake batter, and I have the food processor and shredder attachments. I let a neighbor have my newer machine and blender, and decided I wanted to try something different, because I didn't like the way I had to fight to get the blade component back in after cleaning. I also didn't like the way things kind of leaked out of the bottom of the blender (probably because we should have been replacing the o ring or didn't put it back together correctly) -- we actually did have one big accident where we took the blender off the machine after mixing up a smoothie and the whole bottom fell out. Yeah, that was fun.

In the meantime, for chopping and pureeing I used a Ninja, which broke after a few uses. It wasn't big enough and powerful enough for my family of 10. So, after looking at the Vitamix online, and watching Lea Ann's demonstration videos (which had my husband convinced), we took the plunge and bought the 5200 Deluxe Complete Kitchen Package.

I have no buyer's remorse! After receiving this machine just this past Monday (today is Friday), here are just a few of the ways I have used it: Mixing eggs, chia seeds, sugar, butter for muffins as well as various other batters for pancakes, cornbread using flax and chia seeds -- no flax seeds visible -- Nice!

Tortilla soup according to the recipe in the book, but then I added my own stuff and mixed up diced tomatoes with chilies, onion, garlic cloves, and other veggies. (We are veg-a-phobes here -- no one wants to see the zucchini, squash, and onions they eat)

Threw in chunks of zucchini with eggs and other wet components for muffins -- the kids loved how they turned out, no big shreds in their muffins, but nice little pieces.Mashed sweet potatoes -- baked sweet potatoes in my roaster oven and then skinned them and threw them in the Vitamix with a little butter - Yum -- they were so light and fluffy, had to make seconds for everyone.

Dry-chopped carrots, eggs, onions, celery (each separately) for macaroni salad. My daughter, who is the one who usually has to do all this chopping, was absolutely amazed! Of course, smoothies every day -- a green smoothie (my husband is now making these for us before he leaves for work) and smoothies for the kids -- I have been adding spinach and flax seeds to mixed berries and there are no seeds visible. They used to not like berry smoothies because of the seeds - but not with the Vitamix. And they can't even tell the flax and spinach is in there. I've told them about the "magic veggies" and my 12 yo asked if flax seeds were the "magic seeds" -- of course I said yes.

I have used the Vitamix at least 3 times a day since I got it. I puree, mix, dry chop, wet chop, and I haven't even had time to use my dry carafe yet to crack and grind wheat, but we're almost out of our Bob's Red Mill Brown Rice Farina, so I can't wait to try my own! We're on a gluten free diet right now, and I can't imagine what I would have done without this machine. My time in the kitchen has been cut in half. I do not buy processed foods -- I make just about everything we eat from scratch, and with 13 of us (my family, my soon to be son-in-law, and 2 foster boys), I cook a lot. Eating fast food (yuck!) costs us about $50, so in just a few meals eating at home instead of running out for something, I have not only paid for my Vitamix, but I have given my family super healthy foods instead.

Did I mention I am happy with this machine? The only thing I regret is that I didn't buy one sooner!Liz NC-- Who can list the glorious miracles of the LORD? Who can ever

Guest guest

I'm glad you're enjoying your Vitamix! I love mine, too!!

May I ask if you'd share the muffin recipe you use? That is one thing I have not

tried in my Vitamix and it sounds intriguing!

Thanks so much--- Amber

>

> Oh, how I am enjoying this Vitamix! I own a Bosch Universal Plus

> (actually, I own a new and older model) and used the blender mostly for

> making smoothies and wheat berry pancake batter, and I have the food

> processor and shredder attachments. I let a neighbor have my newer machine

> and blender, and decided I wanted to try something different, because I

> didn't like the way I had to fight to get the blade component back in after

> cleaning. I also didn't like the way things kind of leaked out of the

> bottom of the blender (probably because we should have been replacing the o

> ring or didn't put it back together correctly) -- we actually did have one

> big accident where we took the blender off the machine after mixing up a

> smoothie and the whole bottom fell out. Yeah, that was fun.

>

> In the meantime, for chopping and pureeing I used a Ninja, which broke

> after a few uses. It wasn't big enough and powerful enough for my family

> of 10. So, after looking at the Vitamix online, and watching Lea Ann's

> demonstration videos (which had my husband convinced), we took the plunge

> and bought the 5200 Deluxe Complete Kitchen Package.

>

> I have no buyer's remorse! After receiving this machine just this past

> Monday (today is Friday), here are just a few of the ways I have used it:

>

> - Mixing eggs, chia seeds, sugar, butter for muffins as well as various

> other batters for pancakes, cornbread using flax and chia seeds -- no flax

> seeds visible -- Nice!

> - Tortilla soup according to the recipe in the book, but then I added my

> own stuff and mixed up diced tomatoes with chilies, onion, garlic cloves,

> and other veggies. (We are veg-a-phobes here -- no one wants to see the

> zucchini, squash, and onions they eat)

> - Threw in chunks of zucchini with eggs and other wet components for

> muffins -- the kids loved how they turned out, no big shreds in their

> muffins, but nice little pieces.

> - Mashed sweet potatoes -- baked sweet potatoes in my roaster oven and

> then skinned them and threw them in the Vitamix with a little butter - Yum

> -- they were so light and fluffy, had to make seconds for everyone.

> - Dry-chopped carrots, eggs, onions, celery (each separately) for

> macaroni salad. My daughter, who is the one who usually has to do all this

> chopping, was absolutely amazed!

> - Of course, smoothies every day -- a green smoothie (my husband is now

> making these for us before he leaves for work) and smoothies for the kids

> -- I have been adding spinach and flax seeds to mixed berries and there are

> no seeds visible. They used to not like berry smoothies because of the

> seeds - but not with the Vitamix. And they can't even tell the flax and

> spinach is in there. I've told them about the " magic veggies " and my 12 yo

> asked if flax seeds were the " magic seeds " -- of course I said yes.

>

> I have used the Vitamix at least 3 times a day since I got it. I puree,

> mix, dry chop, wet chop, and I haven't even had time to use my dry carafe

> yet to crack and grind wheat, but we're almost out of our Bob's Red Mill

> Brown Rice Farina, so I can't wait to try my own! We're on a gluten free

> diet right now, and I can't imagine what I would have done without this

> machine. My time in the kitchen has been cut in half. I do not buy

> processed foods -- I make just about everything we eat from scratch, and

> with 13 of us (my family, my soon to be son-in-law, and 2 foster boys), I

> cook a lot. Eating fast food (yuck!) costs us about $50, so in just a few

> meals eating at home instead of running out for something, I have not only

> paid for my Vitamix, but I have given my family super healthy foods

> instead.

>

> Did I mention I am happy with this machine? The only thing I regret is

> that I didn't buy one sooner!

>

> Liz

> NC

>

> --

> Who can list the glorious miracles of the LORD? Who can ever praise him

> half enough? (Psalm 106:2)

>

Guest guest

Debbie, I am able to make 6 loaves at a time in the Bosch -- I have the stainless steel as well as the regular bowl.   I have not seen the Electrolux, so I can't say, but I have owned a Kitchen Aid too. I do know that I preferred the Bosch for bread making and the Kitchen Aid for all the other stuff you use a mixer for. LOL  

(The reason I have so many mixers is because we own two small Amish-type bulk food stores with a bakery and deli, thus, the reason I was making Macaroni Salad with my Vitamix in my testimony.)  

Liz --  Who can list the glorious miracles of the LORD? Who can ever

Guest guest

I agree. I have had a bosch, and a kitchen aid now. The bosh works best for larger batches of things, and doesn't do well for smaller

Batches. I believe I made 5 loaves of bread in my bosch. I ended up giving it to my daughter with a young growing family. I got to the point where I was making more smaller batches of things, so got the kitchen aid. 2 loaves of bread is great at a time.

PS sorry I am so behind. But you gals are sooo chatty here. I am falling behind.

-- Re: New Vitamix owner testimony

Debbie,

I am able to make 6 loaves at a time in the Bosch -- I have the stainless steel as well as the regular bowl. I have not seen the Electrolux, so I can't say, but I have owned a Kitchen Aid too. I do know that I preferred the Bosch for bread making and the Kitchen Aid for all the other stuff you use a mixer for. LOL

(The reason I have so many mixers is because we own two small Amish-type bulk food stores with a bakery and deli, thus, the reason I was making Macaroni Salad with my Vitamix in my testimony.)

Liz

-- Who can list the glorious miracles of the LORD? Who can ever praise him half enough? (Psalm 106:2)