RemedySpot.com

Re: Agave (or any sweetener) + Stevia - was - Ice cream ideas

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

To add to that different brands of stevia have different tastes. I use NuNaturals Pure Liquid Clear Stevia & it doesnt have that after taste .. The person that introduced me to this brand called it the "cadillac" of stevias! When i use this stevia I only put like 5 -6 drops in any beverage I drink.. Patti From: Lea Ann Savage <lsavage@...> Sent: Friday, March 9, 2012 4:40 PM Subject: Agave (or any sweetener) + Stevia - was - Ice cream ideas

Hello Janel,Many people don't like the taste of Stevia, but want to cut down on their sugar consumption.When you use 1/2 of the Stevia you would normally use, and add it to 1/2 of the other sweetener you would normally use, the end result is JUST as sweet as if you used a full amount of sweetener, with no bitter taste from the Stevia.Because of my blood sugar issues, lucky for me, I don't taste the bitterness from Stevia (unless I use too much) but for people who don't like Stevia, but want to reduce or cut their sugar consumption - this is a great way to go.I know that 2 Tbs. of Agave wouldn't taste nearly as sweet in this recipe without the addition of the Stevia sweetener. On a slightly different topic… 2 tsp. of Stevia seems like a WHOLE LOT to me. If this is how much recipes usually call

for, no wonder people don't like Stevia! That much would be Way too bitter for me… I never use more than 6 drops of liquid stevia in my mug of coffee, and in a big smoothie (that I am sharing) only 12 drops.

Blessings,Lea Ann SavageSatellite Beach, FL(321) 773-7088 (home)(321-961-9219 (cell)))><'>www.VitamixLady.comwww..com<:)))><

On Mar 9, 2012, at 2:59 PM, Janel Brennan wrote:

Agave is another type of sweetener but it's highly processed so some people avoid it http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Agave_nectarI'm not sure why he would put agave in addition to stevia. Maybe because it's syrupy? I wonder if you could just use a date or 2.-Janel From: Terry Pogue <tpogue@...> Sent: Friday, March 9, 2012 11:14 AM Subject: Re: Ice cream ideas

What the agave for? Is that also a sweetener?On Mar 8, 2012, at 6:44 PM, Janel Brennan wrote:> > > Just saw this on an episode of The Doctors. Rocco brought his Vitamix.> > Rocco’s Strawberry Ice Cream Recipe> “With about $2 worth of ingredients, we can make four huge portions of what I call Instant Strawberry Soft Serve,†Chef Rocco said.> > His recipe uses Stevia, an all natural sweetener he claims has no side effects or calories.> > This recipe makes four servings. Chef Rocco said 4 oz. of typical strawberry ice cream would have about 300 calories, but his recipe has just 55 calories.> > “Making your own, you know exactly what’s in it,†Dr. said.> > Ingredients> > • 2 cups Frozen, unsweetened strawberries> • 2 tsp. Stevia sweetener> •

½ tsp. Xanthan gum> • 2 tbsp. Agave> • 4 tsp. Lemon Juice> • 3 tsp. Water> Directions> > • Combine wet ingredients in a blender.> • Add dry ingredients and blend together until mixed.> • Next, add strawberries, blending and stirring for about five seconds.> • Serve immediately or store in a sealed container until ready to eat.> • Enjoy your guilt-free, dye-free, low calorie dessert.> > > ------------------------------------Please bookmark these pages:/links/ (this is the Links page where I save the answers to FAQs and Answers, Recipes, and LOTS of other helpful information - this page is always being added

to)/links/IMPORTANT__Membership__001327149393/PLEASE DON'T UNSUBSCRIBE IF YOU ARE GETTING TOO MUCH MAIL! (if you unsubscribe, you will lose access to the Links page - an Encyclopedia of Collected Vitamix Wisdom! Go to this link to learn how to stop mail from coming, but STILL be a member of the group so you can STILL visit the Links page and read messages online!

Guest guest

Well now, of course, I'll have to try some of that…:-)

Blessings,Lea Ann SavageSatellite Beach, FL(321) 773-7088 (home)(321-961-9219 (cell)))><'>www.VitamixLady.comwww..com<:)))><

On Mar 9, 2012, at 5:45 PM, patti wrote:

To add to that different brands of stevia have different tastes. I use NuNaturals Pure Liquid Clear Stevia & it doesnt have that after taste .. The person that introduced me to this brand called it the "cadillac" of stevias! When i use this stevia I only put like 5 -6 drops in any beverage I drink.. Patti From: Lea Ann Savage <lsavage@...> Sent: Friday, March 9, 2012 4:40 PM Subject: Agave (or any sweetener) + Stevia - was - Ice cream ideas

Hello Janel,Many people don't like the taste of Stevia, but want to cut down on their sugar consumption.When you use 1/2 of the Stevia you would normally use, and add it to 1/2 of the other sweetener you would normally use, the end result is JUST as sweet as if you used a full amount of sweetener, with no bitter taste from the Stevia.Because of my blood sugar issues, lucky for me, I don't taste the bitterness from Stevia (unless I use too much) but for people who don't like Stevia, but want to reduce or cut their sugar consumption - this is a great way to go.I know that 2 Tbs. of Agave wouldn't taste nearly as sweet in this recipe without the addition of the Stevia sweetener. On a slightly different topic… 2 tsp. of Stevia seems like a WHOLE LOT to me. If this is how much recipes usually call

for, no wonder people don't like Stevia! That much would be Way too bitter for me… I never use more than 6 drops of liquid stevia in my mug of coffee, and in a big smoothie (that I am sharing) only 12 drops.

On Mar 9, 2012, at 2:59 PM, Janel Brennan wrote:

Agave is another type of sweetener but it's highly processed so some people avoid it http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Agave_nectarI'm not sure why he would put agave in addition to stevia. Maybe because it's syrupy? I wonder if you could just use a date or 2.-Janel From: Terry Pogue <tpogue@...> Sent: Friday, March 9, 2012 11:14 AM Subject: Re: Ice cream ideas

What the agave for? Is that also a sweetener?On Mar 8, 2012, at 6:44 PM, Janel Brennan wrote:> > > Just saw this on an episode of The Doctors. Rocco brought his Vitamix.> > Rocco’s Strawberry Ice Cream Recipe> “With about $2 worth of ingredients, we can make four huge portions of what I call Instant Strawberry Soft Serve,” Chef Rocco said.> > His recipe uses Stevia, an all natural sweetener he claims has no side effects or calories.> > This recipe makes four servings. Chef Rocco said 4 oz. of typical strawberry ice cream would have about 300 calories, but his recipe has just 55 calories.> > “Making your own, you know exactly what’s in it,” Dr. said.> > Ingredients> > • 2 cups Frozen, unsweetened strawberries> • 2 tsp. Stevia sweetener> •

½ tsp. Xanthan gum> • 2 tbsp. Agave> • 4 tsp. Lemon Juice> • 3 tsp. Water> Directions> > • Combine wet ingredients in a blender.> • Add dry ingredients and blend together until mixed.> • Next, add strawberries, blending and stirring for about five seconds.> • Serve immediately or store in a sealed container until ready to eat.> • Enjoy your guilt-free, dye-free, low calorie dessert.> > > ------------------------------------Please bookmark these pages:/links/ (this is the Links page where I save the answers to FAQs and Answers, Recipes, and LOTS of other helpful information - this page is always being added

to)/links/IMPORTANT__Membership__001327149393/PLEASE DON'T UNSUBSCRIBE IF YOU ARE GETTING TOO MUCH MAIL! (if you unsubscribe, you will lose access to the Links page - an Encyclopedia of Collected Vitamix Wisdom! Go to this link to learn how to stop mail from coming, but STILL be a member of the group so you can STILL visit the Links page and read messages online!

Guest guest

I use NuNaturals pure liquid Stevia in both plain (coffee, etc) and vanilla

(smoothies, puddings) and also have not noticed bitterness or aftertaste. It is

alcohol free..maybe alcohol in some brands account for some bitterness???

Cheapest place I have found so far is iHerb where I wait for a big enough order

of various stuff to get it all with free shipping.

Carol K

---- Lea Ann Savage <lsavage@...> wrote:

> Well now, of course, I'll have to try some of that…

>

> :-)

>

> Blessings,

> Lea Ann Savage

> Satellite Beach, FL

> (321) 773-7088 (home)

> (321-961-9219 (cell)

> www.VitamixLady.com

> www..com

> <:)))><

>

> On Mar 9, 2012, at 5:45 PM, patti wrote:

>

>

> To add to that different brands of stevia have different tastes. I use

NuNaturals Pure Liquid Clear Stevia & it doesnt have that after taste .. The

person that introduced me to this brand called it the " cadillac " of stevias!

When i use this stevia I only put like 5 -6 drops in any beverage I drink..

>

>

> Patti

>

>

> From: Lea Ann Savage <lsavage@...>

>

> Sent: Friday, March 9, 2012 4:40 PM

> Subject: Agave (or any sweetener) + Stevia - was - Ice

cream ideas

>

>

> Hello Janel,

>

> Many people don't like the taste of Stevia, but want to cut down on their

sugar consumption.

>

> When you use 1/2 of the Stevia you would normally use, and add it to 1/2 of

the other sweetener you would normally use, the end result is JUST as sweet as

if you used a full amount of sweetener, with no bitter taste from the Stevia.

>

> Because of my blood sugar issues, lucky for me, I don't taste the bitterness

from Stevia (unless I use too much) but for people who don't like Stevia, but

want to reduce or cut their sugar consumption - this is a great way to go.

>

> I know that 2 Tbs. of Agave wouldn't taste nearly as sweet in this recipe

without the addition of the Stevia sweetener.

>

> On a slightly different topic… 2 tsp. of Stevia seems like a WHOLE LOT to

me. If this is how much recipes usually call for, no wonder people don't like

Stevia! That much would be Way too bitter for me… I never use more than 6

drops of liquid stevia in my mug of coffee, and in a big smoothie (that I am

sharing) only 12 drops.

>

> Blessings,

> Lea Ann Savage

> Satellite Beach, FL

> (321) 773-7088 (home)

> (321-961-9219 (cell)

> www.VitamixLady.com

> www..com

> <:)))><

>

> On Mar 9, 2012, at 2:59 PM, Janel Brennan wrote:

>

>

>

> Agave is another type of sweetener but it's highly processed so some people

avoid it http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Agave_nectar

>

> I'm not sure why he would put agave in addition to stevia. Maybe because it's

syrupy? I wonder if you could just use a date or 2.

>

> -Janel

>

> From: Terry Pogue <tpogue@...>

>

> Sent: Friday, March 9, 2012 11:14 AM

> Subject: Re: Ice cream ideas

>

> What the agave for? Is that also a sweetener?

>

> On Mar 8, 2012, at 6:44 PM, Janel Brennan wrote:

>

> >

> >

> > Just saw this on an episode of The Doctors. Rocco brought his Vitamix.

> >

> > Rocco’s Strawberry Ice Cream Recipe

> > “With about $2 worth of ingredients, we can make four huge portions of

what I call Instant Strawberry Soft Serve,†Chef Rocco said.

> >

> > His recipe uses Stevia, an all natural sweetener he claims has no side

effects or calories.

> >

> > This recipe makes four servings. Chef Rocco said 4 oz. of typical strawberry

ice cream would have about 300 calories, but his recipe has just 55 calories.

> >

> > “Making your own, you know exactly what’s in it,†Dr. said.

> >

> > Ingredients

> >

> > • 2 cups Frozen, unsweetened strawberries

> > • 2 tsp. Stevia sweetener

> > • ½ tsp. Xanthan gum

> > • 2 tbsp. Agave

> > • 4 tsp. Lemon Juice

> > • 3 tsp. Water

> > Directions

> >

> > • Combine wet ingredients in a blender.

> > • Add dry ingredients and blend together until mixed.

> > • Next, add strawberries, blending and stirring for about five

seconds.

> > • Serve immediately or store in a sealed container until ready to eat.

> > • Enjoy your guilt-free, dye-free, low calorie dessert.

> >

> >

> >

>

>

>

> ------------------------------------

>

> Please bookmark these pages:

>

> /links/

> (this is the Links page where I save the answers to FAQs and Answers, Recipes,

and LOTS of other helpful information - this page is always being added to)

>

>

/links/IMPORTANT_VitamixE\

nthusiasts_Membership__001327149393/

> PLEASE DON'T UNSUBSCRIBE IF YOU ARE GETTING TOO MUCH MAIL! (if you

unsubscribe, you will lose access to the Links page - an Encyclopedia of

Collected Vitamix Wisdom! Go to this link to learn how to stop mail from

coming, but STILL be a member of the group so you can STILL visit the Links page

and read messages online!

Guest guest

Thank you. This was great timing. I was just thinking about looking for a

different brand of stevia, so I just had to order this.

If anyone's interested, I think if this is your first order with iHerb.com and

you order before March 13, you can get a discount of $8. I used the code BUY123

for $5 off and it automatically updated it to $8 off. Nice.

Guest guest

I received my order of NuNaturals from iHerb this week. I like it *so* much

better than the Sweet Leaf brand I've been using. I don't know if it's natural

the way it is so sweet, but in the powder form I could use about 1/16th to

1/32nd of a teaspoon in 1-1/2 cups of water when I make my lemonade. Wow! It is

sweet stuff. Tastes just like regular sugar, to me anyway. The Sweet Leaf stevia

had a metal taste to me (my son used to say the same thing about Splenda).

Anyway, nice taste. I only tried the alcohol-free liquid form once, and didn't

notice a bad taste but didn't notice much of a sweet taste either. I'll have to

try it again.

> >

> > >

> > >

> > > Just saw this on an episode of The Doctors. Rocco brought his Vitamix.

> > >

> > > Rocco’s Strawberry Ice Cream Recipe

> > > “With about $2 worth of ingredients, we can make four huge portions of

what I call Instant Strawberry Soft Serve,†Chef Rocco said.

> > >

> > > His recipe uses Stevia, an all natural sweetener he claims has no side

effects or calories.

> > >

> > > This recipe makes four servings. Chef Rocco said 4 oz. of typical

strawberry ice cream would have about 300 calories, but his recipe has just 55

calories.

> > >

> > > “Making your own, you know exactly what’s in it,†Dr. said.

> > >

> > > Ingredients

> > >

> > > • 2 cups Frozen, unsweetened strawberries

> > > • 2 tsp. Stevia sweetener

> > > • ½ tsp. Xanthan gum

> > > • 2 tbsp. Agave

> > > • 4 tsp. Lemon Juice

> > > • 3 tsp. Water

> > > Directions

> > >

> > > • Combine wet ingredients in a blender.

> > > • Add dry ingredients and blend together until mixed.

> > > • Next, add strawberries, blending and stirring for about five

seconds.

> > > • Serve immediately or store in a sealed container until ready to

eat.

> > > • Enjoy your guilt-free, dye-free, low calorie dessert.

> > >

> > >

> > >

> >

> >

> >

> > ------------------------------------

> >

> > Please bookmark these pages:

> >

> > /links/

> > (this is the Links page where I save the answers to FAQs and Answers,

Recipes, and LOTS of other helpful information - this page is always being added

to)

> >

> >

/links/IMPORTANT_VitamixE\

nthusiasts_Membership__001327149393/

> > PLEASE DON'T UNSUBSCRIBE IF YOU ARE GETTING TOO MUCH MAIL! (if you

unsubscribe, you will lose access to the Links page - an Encyclopedia of

Collected Vitamix Wisdom! Go to this link to learn how to stop mail from

coming, but STILL be a member of the group so you can STILL visit the Links page

and read messages online!

Guest guest

awesome glad you like it! Patti From: <jupiter7@...> To:

Sent: Saturday, March 17, 2012 9:42 AM Subject: Re: Agave (or any sweetener) + Stevia - was - Ice cream ideas

I received my order of NuNaturals from iHerb this week. I like it *so* much better than the Sweet Leaf brand I've been using. I don't know if it's natural the way it is so sweet, but in the powder form I could use about 1/16th to 1/32nd of a teaspoon in 1-1/2 cups of water when I make my lemonade. Wow! It is sweet stuff. Tastes just like regular sugar, to me anyway. The Sweet Leaf stevia had a metal taste to me (my son used to say the same thing about Splenda). Anyway, nice taste. I only tried the alcohol-free liquid form once, and didn't notice a bad taste but didn't notice much of a sweet taste either. I'll have to try it again.

> >

> > >

> > >

> > > Just saw this on an episode of The Doctors. Rocco brought his Vitamix.

> > >

> > > Rocco’s Strawberry Ice Cream Recipe

> > > “With about $2 worth of ingredients, we can make four huge portions of what I call Instant Strawberry Soft Serve,†Chef Rocco said.

> > >

> > > His recipe uses Stevia, an all natural sweetener he claims has no side effects or calories.

> > >

> > > This recipe makes four servings. Chef Rocco said 4 oz. of typical strawberry ice cream would have about 300 calories, but his recipe has just 55 calories.

> > >

> > > “Making your own, you know exactly what’s in it,†Dr. said.

> > >

> > > Ingredients

> > >

> > > • 2 cups Frozen, unsweetened strawberries

> > > • 2 tsp. Stevia sweetener

> > > • ½ tsp. Xanthan gum

> > > • 2 tbsp. Agave

> > > • 4 tsp. Lemon Juice

> > > • 3 tsp. Water

> > > Directions

> > >

> > > • Combine wet ingredients in a blender.

> > > • Add dry ingredients and blend together until mixed.

> > > • Next, add strawberries, blending and stirring for about five seconds.

> > > • Serve immediately or store in a sealed container until ready to eat.

> > > • Enjoy your guilt-free, dye-free, low calorie dessert.

> > >

> > >

> > >

> >

> >

> >

> > ------------------------------------

> >

> > Please bookmark these pages:

> >

> > /links/

> > (this is the Links page where I save the answers to FAQs and Answers, Recipes, and LOTS of other helpful information - this page is always being added to)

> >

> > /links/IMPORTANT__Membership__001327149393/

> > PLEASE DON'T UNSUBSCRIBE IF YOU ARE GETTING TOO MUCH MAIL! (if you unsubscribe, you will lose access to the Links page - an Encyclopedia of Collected Vitamix Wisdom! Go to this link to learn how to stop mail from coming, but STILL be a member of the group so you can STILL visit the Links page and read messages online!