RemedySpot.com

Agave (or any sweetener) + Stevia - was - Ice cream ideas

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Hello Janel,Many people don't like the taste of Stevia, but want to cut down on their sugar consumption.When you use 1/2 of the Stevia you would normally use, and add it to 1/2 of the other sweetener you would normally use, the end result is JUST as sweet as if you used a full amount of sweetener, with no bitter taste from the Stevia.Because of my blood sugar issues, lucky for me, I don't taste the bitterness from Stevia (unless I use too much) but for people who don't like Stevia, but want to reduce or cut their sugar consumption - this is a great way to go.I know that 2 Tbs. of Agave wouldn't taste nearly as sweet in this recipe without the addition of the Stevia sweetener. On a slightly different topic… 2 tsp. of Stevia seems like a WHOLE LOT to me. If this is how much recipes usually call for, no wonder people don't like Stevia! That much would be Way too bitter for me… I never use more than 6 drops of liquid stevia in my mug of coffee, and in a big smoothie (that I am sharing) only 12 drops.

Blessings,Lea Ann SavageSatellite Beach, FL(321) 773-7088 (home)(321-961-9219 (cell)))><'>www.VitamixLady.comwww..com<:)))><

On Mar 9, 2012, at 2:59 PM, Janel Brennan wrote:

Agave is another type of sweetener but it's highly processed so some people avoid it http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Agave_nectarI'm not sure why he would put agave in addition to stevia. Maybe because it's syrupy? I wonder if you could just use a date or 2.-Janel From: Terry Pogue <tpogue@...> Sent: Friday, March 9, 2012 11:14 AM Subject: Re: Ice cream ideas

What the agave for? Is that also a sweetener?On Mar 8, 2012, at 6:44 PM, Janel Brennan wrote:> > > Just saw this on an episode of The Doctors. Rocco brought his Vitamix.> > Rocco’s Strawberry Ice Cream Recipe> “With about $2 worth of ingredients, we can make four huge portions of what I call Instant Strawberry Soft Serve,” Chef Rocco said.> > His recipe uses Stevia, an all natural sweetener he claims has no side effects or calories.> > This recipe makes four servings. Chef Rocco said 4 oz. of typical strawberry ice cream would have about 300 calories, but his recipe has just 55 calories.> > “Making your own, you know exactly what’s in it,” Dr. said.> > Ingredients> > • 2 cups Frozen, unsweetened strawberries> • 2 tsp. Stevia sweetener> •

½ tsp. Xanthan gum> • 2 tbsp. Agave> • 4 tsp. Lemon Juice> • 3 tsp. Water> Directions> > • Combine wet ingredients in a blender.> • Add dry ingredients and blend together until mixed.> • Next, add strawberries, blending and stirring for about five seconds.> • Serve immediately or store in a sealed container until ready to eat.> • Enjoy your guilt-free, dye-free, low calorie dessert.> > > ------------------------------------Please bookmark these pages:/links/ (this is the Links page where I save the answers to FAQs and Answers, Recipes, and LOTS of other helpful information - this page is always being added

to)/links/IMPORTANT__Membership__001327149393/PLEASE DON'T UNSUBSCRIBE IF YOU ARE GETTING TOO MUCH MAIL! (if you unsubscribe, you will lose access to the Links page - an Encyclopedia of Collected Vitamix Wisdom! Go to this link to learn how to stop mail from coming, but STILL be a member of the group so you can STILL visit the Links page and read messages online!