RemedySpot.com

Using the Vitamix for composting - was - New owner, anxiously awaiting arrival of Vitamix

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Hello ,This is a tough question. I have an extra (64 oz.) container that I used to blend kitchen scraps. It is scratched up, but I also used it to blend carcasses from Rotisserie Chicken into dog food gravy (which DID scratch up the container) so I can't answer that question.

Blessings,Lea Ann SavageSatellite Beach, FL(321) 773-7088 (home)(321-961-9219 (cell)))><'>www.VitamixLady.comwww..com<:)))><

On Mar 8, 2012, at 10:38 PM, juliendbq wrote:

May I add to this ... After making my smoothieand before washing out the pitcher yesterday, I added banana peels, egg shells and water. This was poured on my outside plants today. My question is: Can the egg shells damage the pitcher? Having done this once, I can see where the shells might scratch the pitcher if done repeatedly. Or, am I worried about nothing? O taste and see that the Lord is good: blessed is the man that trusteth in him.

Ps. 34:8 From: jaxjanet19@...Date: Thu, 8 Mar 2012 08:41:47 -0500Subject: Re: New owner, anxiously awaiting arrival of Vitamix

What I do with vegetable scraps is save them in the frig and then boil them to make broth for soup. Then freeze the broth until ready to make soup.

I don't do composting, but couldn't you just blend up your scraps and pour onto your garden?

Janet