RemedySpot.com

Pros and Cons of Juicing

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Good articles. In the first link.............

" For instance, large amounts of foods high in vitamin K, such as kale and

spinach, may change how an anti- blood clotting medication works, Barr

says. "

I have a friend on Coumadin and she said her Dr told her not to eat greens

because of the vitamin K in them. It will effect the results of the drug.

I don't agree with that. Yes in would effect the result of the drug.

But..........

I'm on Coumadin also and I eat all the salads, greens that I want. Being on

Coumadin you need to have blood work done to check the level of the drug.

I have mine done at the clinic and when the Dr gets the results, He always

call me to tell me the results and whether to stay on the same dosage or if

I need to change it. If I need to change it then I need to have the blood

work done in a week. I really can't see not eating nutritious foods for

because of drugs. I rather eat it and adjust the drug to the results of

the test. That's my opinion.

Lucille

--------------------------------------------------

Sent: Monday, January 16, 2012 7:26 AM

< >

Subject: Pros and Cons of Juicing

> Here are a couple of articles that discuss both sides of juicing.

>

> Tom

>

> http://www.webmd.com/diet/features/juicing-health-risks-and-benefits

>

>

http://nutritiondiva.quickanddirtytips.com/juicing-for-health-and-nutrition.aspx

>

>

>

> ------------------------------------

>

>

I am also on Coumadin. i was told to completely avoid green tea. They also said that if I eat dark green veggies, I have to be consistent. I can't eat a lot one week and a little the next. They will adjust my Coumadin to my typical diet.BarbaraOn Jan 16, 2012, at 10:25 AM, Lucille wrote: Good articles. In the first link............. "For instance, large amounts of foods high in vitamin K, such as kale and spinach, may change how an anti- blood clotting medication works, Barr says." I have a friend on Coumadin and she said her Dr told her not to eat greens because of the vitamin K in them. It will effect the results of the drug. I don't agree with that. Yes in would effect the result of the drug. But.......... I'm on Coumadin also and I eat all the salads, greens that I want. Being on Coumadin you need to have blood work done to check the level of the drug. I have mine done at the clinic and when the Dr gets the results, He always call me to tell me the results and whether to stay on the same dosage or if I need to change it. If I need to change it then I need to have the blood work done in a week. I really can't see not eating nutritious foods for because of drugs. I rather eat it and adjust the drug to the results of the test. That's my opinion. Lucille -------------------------------------------------- From: "tmatuschak" <pmatus@...> Sent: Monday, January 16, 2012 7:26 AM < > Subject: Pros and Cons of Juicing > Here are a couple of articles that discuss both sides of juicing. > > Tom > > http://www.webmd.com/diet/features/juicing-health-risks-and-benefits > > http://nutritiondiva.quickanddirtytips.com/juicing-for-health-and-nutrition.aspx > > > > ------------------------------------ > >

SO GLAD Lucille that you keep eating your greens!Greens act just like the Coumadin, that is why it has to be treated like the drug itself. You can eat greens as long as you are consistent (as Barbara said). More greens = less Coumadin, less greens = the need for more Coumadin.Which do you think would be better for you? Greens or Coumadin??? (as Lucille said :-)

Blessings,Lea Ann SavageSatellite Beach, FL(321) 773-7088 (home)(321-961-9219 (cell)))><'>www.VitamixLady.comwww..com<:)))><

On Jan 16, 2012, at 12:51 PM, Barbara Watt wrote:

I am also on Coumadin. i was told to completely avoid green tea. They also said that if I eat dark green veggies, I have to be consistent. I can't eat a lot one week and a little the next. They will adjust my Coumadin to my typical diet.BarbaraOn Jan 16, 2012, at 10:25 AM, Lucille wrote: Good articles. In the first link............. "For instance, large amounts of foods high in vitamin K, such as kale and spinach, may change how an anti- blood clotting medication works, Barr says." I have a friend on Coumadin and she said her Dr told her not to eat greens because of the vitamin K in them. It will effect the results of the drug. I don't agree with that. Yes in would effect the result of the drug. But.......... I'm on Coumadin also and I eat all the salads, greens that I want. Being on Coumadin you need to have blood work done to check the level of the drug. I have mine done at the clinic and when the Dr gets the results, He always call me to tell me the results and whether to stay on the same dosage or if I need to change it. If I need to change it then I need to have the blood work done in a week. I really can't see not eating nutritious foods for because of drugs. I rather eat it and adjust the drug to the results of the test. That's my opinion. Lucille -------------------------------------------------- From: "tmatuschak" <pmatus@...> Sent: Monday, January 16, 2012 7:26 AM < > Subject: Pros and Cons of Juicing > Here are a couple of articles that discuss both sides of juicing. > > Tom > > http://www.webmd.com/diet/features/juicing-health-risks-and-benefits > > http://nutritiondiva.quickanddirtytips.com/juicing-for-health-and-nutrition.aspx > > > > ------------------------------------ > >

I do drink green tea too. Never thought of it having vitamin K in it.

Lucille

Sent: Monday, January 16, 2012 12:51 PM

Subject: Re: Pros and Cons of Juicing

I am also on Coumadin. i was told to completely avoid green tea. They also said that if I eat dark green veggies, I have to be consistent. I can't eat a lot one week and a little the next. They will adjust my Coumadin to my typical diet.

Barbara

On Jan 16, 2012, at 10:25 AM, Lucille wrote:

Good articles. In the first link............."For instance, large amounts of foods high in vitamin K, such as kale and spinach, may change how an anti- blood clotting medication works, Barr says."I have a friend on Coumadin and she said her Dr told her not to eat greens because of the vitamin K in them. It will effect the results of the drug. I don't agree with that. Yes in would effect the result of the drug. But..........I'm on Coumadin also and I eat all the salads, greens that I want. Being on Coumadin you need to have blood work done to check the level of the drug. I have mine done at the clinic and when the Dr gets the results, He always call me to tell me the results and whether to stay on the same dosage or if I need to change it. If I need to change it then I need to have the blood work done in a week. I really can't see not eating nutritious foods for because of drugs. I rather eat it and adjust the drug to the results of the test. That's my opinion.Lucille--------------------------------------------------From: "tmatuschak" <pmatus@...>Sent: Monday, January 16, 2012 7:26 AM< >Subject: Pros and Cons of Juicing> Here are a couple of articles that discuss both sides of juicing.>> Tom>> http://www.webmd.com/diet/features/juicing-health-risks-and-benefits>> http://nutritiondiva.quickanddirtytips.com/juicing-for-health-and-nutrition.aspx>>>> ------------------------------------>>