RemedySpot.com

Re: Using dates as sweetener

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

I use dates all of the time to sweeten things that I make in the vitamix. It pulverized the dates really well. I make a macaroon recipe that calls for agave nectar, but instead, I just whir some dates with the liquid in my vitamix, before I mix it with the rest of the ingredients. This is the only added sweetener we use in our house.

D.On Sun, Mar 11, 2012 at 11:17 AM, chele519 <chele519@...> wrote:

How does the Vitamix do with using dates as sweetener in milks, ice cream, etc? I normally use honey in small amounts and was going to switch to agave until I read that it is as bad as HFCS. I like honey but it is a pain because it is so thick and maple syrup is too pricey. The one time I made almond milk in my regular blender, the dates just bounced around and nothing happened to them. Will it completely puree the dates?

Michele

Guest guest

Oh that's great! So if you were making ice cream that has no liquid but has the

ice cubes, how would you do that? Put some of the ice in with the dates first

and then add the rest? Or what about making a separate paste with the dates and

some milk and freezing it to use later?

Michele

>

> > **

> >

> >

> > How does the Vitamix do with using dates as sweetener in milks, ice cream,

> > etc? I normally use honey in small amounts and was going to switch to agave

> > until I read that it is as bad as HFCS. I like honey but it is a pain

> > because it is so thick and maple syrup is too pricey. The one time I made

> > almond milk in my regular blender, the dates just bounced around and

> > nothing happened to them. Will it completely puree the dates?

> > Michele

> >

> >

> >

>

Guest guest

I LOVE Dates as a sweetener because they come with fiber included!http://vitamixlady.com/sweeteners-smoothie-additives/

Blessings,Lea Ann SavageSatellite Beach, FL(321) 773-7088 (home)(321-961-9219 (cell)))><'>www.VitamixLady.comwww..com<:)))><

On Mar 11, 2012, at 2:17 PM, chele519 wrote:

How does the Vitamix do with using dates as sweetener in milks, ice cream, etc? I normally use honey in small amounts and was going to switch to agave until I read that it is as bad as HFCS. I like honey but it is a pain because it is so thick and maple syrup is too pricey. The one time I made almond milk in my regular blender, the dates just bounced around and nothing happened to them. Will it completely puree the dates?

Michele

Guest guest

I made cashew milk today & used dates for sweetener & it did just fine! I can't tell its even in there except for the color changed a bit & the flavor Patti From: chele519 <chele519@...> Sent: Sunday, March 11, 2012 1:17 PM Subject: Using dates as sweetener

Michele

Guest guest

I was looking around online and found a few sites with instructions to make date

syrup. The guy was using a Vitamix to make it. I'm going to try that and see how

it works out. It definitely looked terrific in the video.

Michele

>

> I made cashew milk today & used dates for sweetener & it did just fine!  I

can't tell its even in there except for the color changed a bit & the flavor

>

>  

>

>

> Patti 

>

>

> ________________________________

> From: chele519 <chele519@...>

>

> Sent: Sunday, March 11, 2012 1:17 PM

> Subject: Using dates as sweetener

>

>

>  

> How does the Vitamix do with using dates as sweetener in milks, ice cream,

etc? I normally use honey in small amounts and was going to switch to agave

until I read that it is as bad as HFCS. I like honey but it is a pain because it

is so thick and maple syrup is too pricey. The one time I made almond milk in my

regular blender, the dates just bounced around and nothing happened to them.

Will it completely puree the dates?

> Michele

>

Guest guest

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=thuUwGcRk-0 & list=UUSQus6yP6RiOlKXdl5zCkXQ & index=205 & feature=plcp

above link is showing how to use dates as a sweetner...she uses baby young water and dates...she has loads of video's using the VitaMix...

I use this recipe but add many more dates and put the coconut water and dates in the vitamix and spin...it is smooth and put it in the fridge and use for almond milk and smoothies, etc...I like this sweetner best.. B...check out her other video's..she's great

Using dates as sweetener> > > Â > How does the Vitamix do with using dates as sweetener in milks, ice cream, etc? I normally use honey in small amounts and was going to switch to agave until I read that it is as bad as HFCS. I like honey but it is a pain because it is so thick and maple syrup is too pricey. The one time I made almond milk in my regular blender, the dates just bounced around and nothing happened to them. Will it completely puree the dates?> Michele>

Guest guest

Thanks, I'll add it to my Vitamix playlist. I watched one last night which was

where I got the idea. It was from rawfoodchef.com and he just used dates and

water. I'm planning a trip to Trader Joe's for later this week.

> >

> > I made cashew milk today & used dates for sweetener & it did just fine!Â

I can't tell its even in there except for the color changed a bit & the flavor

> >

> > Â

> >

> >

> > PattiÂ

> >

> >

> > ________________________________

> > From: chele519 <chele519@>

> >

> > Sent: Sunday, March 11, 2012 1:17 PM

> > Subject: Using dates as sweetener

> >

> >

> > Â

> > How does the Vitamix do with using dates as sweetener in milks, ice cream,

etc? I normally use honey in small amounts and was going to switch to agave

until I read that it is as bad as HFCS. I like honey but it is a pain because it

is so thick and maple syrup is too pricey. The one time I made almond milk in my

regular blender, the dates just bounced around and nothing happened to them.

Will it completely puree the dates?

> > Michele

> >

>