1 T. salt

juice of two limes

15-16 large tomatoes

bunch of cilantro

• 5 years later...

Hadn't made any salsa in quite awhile but had a craving and had some home grown

tomatoes from my containers so I experimented after reading Lea Ann's

directions. Rough chopped onions first and dumped into bowl. Added 1 chopped

tomato, 2 garlic cloves, lime juice and cilantro and buzzed it and added it into

onion container. Added some blend it up and then rough chopped additional

tomatoes. Much better and much less watery than previous attempts. I am also

thinking I could add a spoonful or two into my morning V*8 without it

overpowering the drink.

I haven't figured out the chop not pulverize with my vm yet.....

>

> Hadn't made any salsa in quite awhile but had a craving and had some home

grown tomatoes from my containers so I experimented after reading Lea Ann's

directions. Rough chopped onions first and dumped into bowl. Added 1 chopped

tomato, 2 garlic cloves, lime juice and cilantro and buzzed it and added it into

onion container. Added some blend it up and then rough chopped additional

tomatoes. Much better and much less watery than previous attempts. I am also

thinking I could add a spoonful or two into my morning V*8 without it

overpowering the drink.

>

Sadly, I have the bottom of the line, 2-speed, so I'm outta luck on this one. Oh well, I'm glad I have something that works so well for smoothies, soups, etc. Tonight made the coconut bits...they are chilling in the tray in the fridge...and calling to me!!Ginny From: Lea Ann Savage <lsavage@...> Sent:

Wednesday, February 1, 2012 8:07 PM Subject: Re: Re: Salsa

Check out the Chicken Salad: http://vitamixlady.com/recipes/#Chicken%20Saladand the Salsa: http://vitamixlady.com/recipes/#SalsaRecipes on my website - I hope that this information will help you chop and not pulverize...

Blessings,Lea Ann SavageSatellite Beach, FL(321) 773-7088 (home)(321-961-9219 (cell)))><'>www.VitamixLady.comwww..com<:)))><

On Feb 1, 2012, at 10:56 PM, kircross wrote:

>

> Hadn't made any salsa in quite awhile but had a craving and had some home grown tomatoes from my containers so I experimented after reading Lea Ann's directions. Rough chopped onions first and dumped into bowl. Added 1 chopped tomato, 2 garlic cloves, lime juice and cilantro and buzzed it and added it into onion container. Added some blend it up and then rough chopped additional tomatoes. Much better and much less watery than previous attempts. I am also thinking I could add a spoonful or two into my morning V*8 without it overpowering the drink.

>

Oh shoot - sorry Ginny. Well, at least you can make coconut butter "bits" I can't wait to hear what you think of them!

Blessings,Lea Ann SavageSatellite Beach, FL(321) 773-7088 (home)(321-961-9219 (cell)))><'>www.VitamixLady.comwww..com<:)))><

On Feb 1, 2012, at 11:42 PM, Ginny Welton wrote:

Sadly, I have the bottom of the line, 2-speed, so I'm outta luck on this one. Oh well, I'm glad I have something that works so well for smoothies, soups, etc. Tonight made the coconut bits...they are chilling in the tray in the fridge...and calling to me!!Ginny From: Lea Ann Savage <lsavage@...> Sent:

Wednesday, February 1, 2012 8:07 PM Subject: Re: Re: Salsa

Check out the Chicken Salad: http://vitamixlady.com/recipes/#Chicken%20Saladand the Salsa: http://vitamixlady.com/recipes/#SalsaRecipes on my website - I hope that this information will help you chop and not pulverize...

On Feb 1, 2012, at 10:56 PM, kircross wrote:

>

> Hadn't made any salsa in quite awhile but had a craving and had some home grown tomatoes from my containers so I experimented after reading Lea Ann's directions. Rough chopped onions first and dumped into bowl. Added 1 chopped tomato, 2 garlic cloves, lime juice and cilantro and buzzed it and added it into onion container. Added some blend it up and then rough chopped additional tomatoes. Much better and much less watery than previous attempts. I am also thinking I could add a spoonful or two into my morning V*8 without it overpowering the drink.

>