RemedySpot.com

RE: Re: New owner, anxiously awaiting arrival of Vitamix

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Do you blend everything, including banana peels?Rena

If God brings you to it, He will bring you through it.Happy moments, praise God. Difficult moments, seek God. Quiet moments, worship God. Painful moments, trust God. Every moment, thank God.

On Wed, Mar 7, 2012 at 10:50 AM, <berrywell@...> wrote:

I use my scraps in worm bins, or make compost tea in the Vitamix by just blending up my veggie scraps with water-it can be poured right into the garden, or diluted to water houseplants. I store mine in a " sun tea " jar in direct sunlight, and dispense it as needed. Done this way, it will develop a " scum " on the top surface, but it is harmless. With the tea, you can also enrich your soil or compost pile by just pouring it on. I save all of my veggie scraps for a few days, week, however long it takes you to get a good half pitcher full, then blend them all at once-I keep a large mason jar in my fridge just for the scraps. Worm farming is GREAT fun, easy, and surprisingly NOT messy-what fun it is to turn olut the worms in the spring and let them work their magic-I turn them out in to my raised beds and container gardens.

Guest guest

Yes, I blend everything, but NOT banana peels-mainly because even "organic" bananas are rarely truly organic, and I rarely have bananas for that reason. bananas are one of the most heavily sprayed crops. I mostly eat only what I grow myself, and bananas don't do well here in the mountains of NC, lol. Although I DID grow some fingerling bananas in my living room years ago-only got a couple of tiny ones though, so gave up the effort, lol.Sent from my iPadOn Mar 7, 2012, at 6:08 PM, Rena Glubay <jp17aday@...> wrote:

If God brings you to it, He will bring you through it.Happy moments, praise God. Difficult moments, seek God. Quiet moments, worship God. Painful moments, trust God. Every moment, thank God.

I use my scraps in worm bins, or make compost tea in the Vitamix by just blending up my veggie scraps with water-it can be poured right into the garden, or diluted to water houseplants. I store mine in a "sun tea" jar in direct sunlight, and dispense it as needed. Done this way, it will develop a "scum" on the top surface, but it is harmless. With the tea, you can also enrich your soil or compost pile by just pouring it on. I save all of my veggie scraps for a few days, week, however long it takes you to get a good half pitcher full, then blend them all at once-I keep a large mason jar in my fridge just for the scraps. Worm farming is GREAT fun, easy, and surprisingly NOT messy-what fun it is to turn olut the worms in the spring and let them work their magic-I turn them out in to my raised beds and container gardens.

=

Guest guest

I've not heard that bananas are so highly sprayed and I don't even buy organic because of the thick skin. I need to look into that if that's the case about spraying. GinnyGinnySent from Ginny's iPhoneOn Mar 7, 2012, at 8:32 PM, Berry <berrywell@...> wrote:

Yes, I blend everything, but NOT banana peels-mainly because even "organic" bananas are rarely truly organic, and I rarely have bananas for that reason. bananas are one of the most heavily sprayed crops. I mostly eat only what I grow myself, and bananas don't do well here in the mountains of NC, lol. Although I DID grow some fingerling bananas in my living room years ago-only got a couple of tiny ones though, so gave up the effort, lol.Sent from my iPadOn Mar 7, 2012, at 6:08 PM, Rena Glubay <jp17aday@...> wrote:

If God brings you to it, He will bring you through it.Happy moments, praise God. Difficult moments, seek God. Quiet moments, worship God. Painful moments, trust God. Every moment, thank God.

I use my scraps in worm bins, or make compost tea in the Vitamix by just blending up my veggie scraps with water-it can be poured right into the garden, or diluted to water houseplants. I store mine in a "sun tea" jar in direct sunlight, and dispense it as needed. Done this way, it will develop a "scum" on the top surface, but it is harmless. With the tea, you can also enrich your soil or compost pile by just pouring it on. I save all of my veggie scraps for a few days, week, however long it takes you to get a good half pitcher full, then blend them all at once-I keep a large mason jar in my fridge just for the scraps. Worm farming is GREAT fun, easy, and surprisingly NOT messy-what fun it is to turn olut the worms in the spring and let them work their magic-I turn them out in to my raised beds and container gardens.

=

=

Guest guest

I heard that bananas are on the list of " if you can't afford all organic then this is one of the fruits to buy non-organic " .

RenaIf God brings you to it, He will bring you through it.Happy moments, praise God. Difficult moments, seek God.

Quiet moments, worship God. Painful moments, trust God. Every moment, thank God.

On Wed, Mar 7, 2012 at 9:32 PM, Berry <berrywell@...> wrote:

Yes, I blend everything, but NOT banana peels-mainly because even " organic " bananas are rarely truly organic, and I rarely have bananas for that reason.  bananas are one of the most heavily sprayed crops.  I mostly eat only what I grow myself, and bananas don't do well here in the mountains of NC, lol.  Although I DID grow some fingerling bananas in my living room years ago-only got a couple of tiny ones though, so gave up the effort, lol.

Sent from my iPadOn Mar 7, 2012, at 6:08 PM, Rena Glubay <jp17aday@...> wrote:

If God brings you to it, He will bring you through it.Happy moments, praise God. Difficult moments, seek God. Quiet moments, worship God. Painful moments, trust God. Every moment, thank God.

I use my scraps in worm bins, or make compost tea in the Vitamix by just blending up my veggie scraps with water-it can be poured right into the garden, or diluted to water houseplants. I store mine in a " sun tea " jar in direct sunlight, and dispense it as needed. Done this way, it will develop a " scum " on the top surface, but it is harmless. With the tea, you can also enrich your soil or compost pile by just pouring it on. I save all of my veggie scraps for a few days, week, however long it takes you to get a good half pitcher full, then blend them all at once-I keep a large mason jar in my fridge just for the scraps. Worm farming is GREAT fun, easy, and surprisingly NOT messy-what fun it is to turn olut the worms in the spring and let them work their magic-I turn them out in to my raised beds and container gardens.

=

Guest guest

May I add to this ... After making my smoothieand before washing out the pitcher yesterday, I added banana peels, egg shells and water. This was poured on my outside plants today. My question is: Can the egg shells damage the pitcher? Having done this once, I can see where the shells might scratch the pitcher if done repeatedly. Or, am I worried about nothing?

O taste and see that the Lord is good: blessed is the man that trusteth in him.

Ps. 34:8 From: jaxjanet19@...Date: Thu, 8 Mar 2012 08:41:47 -0500Subject: Re: New owner, anxiously awaiting arrival of Vitamix

What I do with vegetable scraps is save them in the frig and then boil them to make broth for soup. Then freeze the broth until ready to make soup.

I don't do composting, but couldn't you just blend up your scraps and pour onto your garden?

Janet