RemedySpot.com

Re: Re: Grape experience in winter in CA Beware of Costco Grapples

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Well, we I stand corrected on Grapples. I read 's post to my

husband and son, and son said, No Mom they are soaked in a kool aid

like solution. So, I googled it. Here is the Grapple site.

Click on the How they are made tab. They are NOT genetically

modified. However, they are soaked, treated with a solution which

imparts the grape flavor.

http://www.grapplefruits.com/process.html

Grāpple® brand apples begin either as Washington Extra Fancy

Gala or Fuji Apples, depending upon the season. These "premium

apples" are the ones that take on the grape flavor best. This

Patented Process is complex and the ingredient mix primarily

includes concentrated grape flavor and pure water (USPP

#7,824,723). All ingredients are USDA and FDA approved and the

process has been licensed by the Washington State Department of

Agriculture.

There is nothing but flavor being infused into the apple. A

relaxing bathing process prepares our apples for you or your

kids. The apple takes on no additional sugars or calories. They

are not genetically altered in any way. The apple is as healthy

as ever but now has the new exciting grape flavor. The process

is better explained by the Food Network's "Unwrapped" show

entitled "Grapeful". Check your local listings or click here to find out the next time it is

on in your area.

On 3/10/2012 8:07 PM, wrote:

Here is another shocker for you. My mother bought some apples when she was up here visiting recently-just grabbed one randomly out of a bin of normal looking apples (I have yet to convince my mother to go organic-just NOT going to happen) When she started slicing up the apple that night, I became aware of a very chemical, odd, kool aid like grape smell, and even my mother noticed that the smell wasn't normal (I am chemically sensitive, so usually aware of smells that others don't pick up on) She tasted the apple, and said it tasted like grape kool aid-it smelled VILE! We went back to the store, and talked to the produce manager, who informed us they were a "new" type of apple called a grapple, that were "cross bred" with grapes, and he insisted that it was "natrual" grapes. I informed him that GRAPPLES were NOT a cross breed between real grapes, but artificially, chemically, and genetically modified-he was the produce manager and didn't even know this! They had put tho

se!

nasty things right out with "normal" apples like they belonged there. It looked exactly the same as the apples in the other bins, but here it is totally altered from being anywhere remotely close to "natural" or normal! It is things such as this that lead me to learn to garden and grow my own stuff!

------------------------------------

Please bookmark these pages:

/links/ (this is the Links page where I save the answers to FAQs and Answers, Recipes, and LOTS of other helpful information - this page is always being added to)

/links/IMPORTANT__Membership__001327149393/

PLEASE DON'T UNSUBSCRIBE IF YOU ARE GETTING TOO MUCH MAIL! (if you unsubscribe, you will lose access to the Links page - an Encyclopedia of Collected Vitamix Wisdom! Go to this link to learn how to stop mail from coming, but STILL be a member of the group so you can STILL visit the Links page and read messages online!

Guest guest

I meant the GMO part as ingredients in the "artificial and natural flavors" used in them. I think it is silly to teach children that an apple should taste like phony grape flavor! I shudder to think my grandchildren won't even recognize or have access to REAL fruit! What's next? Jolly Rancher artificially watermelon flavored oranges? Scary. Here is some more info.http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GrÄppleSent from my iPadOn Mar 10, 2012, at 11:49 PM, Velda <solomon@...> wrote:

GrÄpple® brand apples begin either as Washington Extra Fancy

Gala or Fuji Apples, depending upon the season. These "premium

apples" are the ones that take on the grape flavor best. This

Agriculture.

is better explained by the Food Network's "Unwrapped" show

entitled "Grapeful". Check your local listings or click here to find out the next time it is

on in your area.

Here is another shocker for you. My mother bought some apples when she was up here visiting recently-just grabbed one randomly out of a bin of normal looking apples (I have yet to convince my mother to go organic-just NOT going to happen) When she started slicing up the apple that night, I became aware of a very chemical, odd, kool aid like grape smell, and even my mother noticed that the smell wasn't normal (I am chemically sensitive, so usually aware of smells that others don't pick up on) She tasted the apple, and said it tasted like grape kool aid-it smelled VILE! We went back to the store, and talked to the produce manager, who informed us they were a "new" type of apple called a grapple, that were "cross bred" with grapes, and he insisted that it was "natrual" grapes. I informed him that GRAPPLES were NOT a cross breed between real grapes, but artificially, chemically, and genetically modified-he was the produce manager and didn't even know this! They had put tho

se!

nasty things right out with "normal" apples like they belonged there. It looked exactly the same as the apples in the other bins, but here it is totally altered from being anywhere remotely close to "natural" or normal! It is things such as this that lead me to learn to garden and grow my own stuff!

/links/ (this is the Links page where I save the answers to FAQs and Answers, Recipes, and LOTS of other helpful information - this page is always being added to)

PLEASE DON'T UNSUBSCRIBE IF YOU ARE GETTING TOO MUCH MAIL! (if you unsubscribe, you will lose access to the Links page - an Encyclopedia of Collected Vitamix Wisdom! Go to this link to learn how to stop mail from coming, but STILL be a member of the group so you can STILL visit the Links page and read messages online!

Guest guest

I agree that the whole thing is silly. An apple should taste like an

apple. But at least it is not based on a GMO apple.

Velda

On 3/10/2012 9:17 PM, Berry wrote:

I meant the GMO part as ingredients in the "artificial and

natural flavors" used in them.  I think it is silly to teach

children that an apple should taste like phony grape flavor!  I

shudder to think my grandchildren won't even recognize or have

access to REAL fruit!  What's next?  Jolly Rancher artificially

watermelon flavored oranges?  Scary.  Here is some more info.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GrÄpple

Sent from my iPad

On Mar 10, 2012, at 11:49 PM, Velda <solomon@...>

wrote:

Well, we I stand corrected on Grapples. I read 's

post to my husband and son, and son said, No Mom they are

soaked in a kool aid like solution. So, I googled it. Here

is the Grapple site.

Click on the How they are made tab. They are NOT

genetically modified. However, they are soaked, treated

with a solution which imparts the grape flavor.

GrÄpple® brand apples begin either as Washington Extra

Fancy Gala or Fuji Apples, depending upon the season.

These "premium apples" are the ones that take on the

grape flavor best. This Patented Process is complex and

the ingredient mix primarily includes concentrated grape

flavor and pure water (USPP #7,824,723). All ingredients

are USDA and FDA approved and the process has been

licensed by the Washington State Department of

Agriculture.

There is nothing but flavor being infused into the

apple. A relaxing bathing process prepares our apples

for you or your kids. The apple takes on no additional

sugars or calories. They are not genetically altered in

any way. The apple is as healthy as ever but now has the

new exciting grape flavor. The process is better

explained by the Food Network's "Unwrapped" show

entitled "Grapeful". Check your local listings or click here to find out the next

time it is on in your area.

Here is another shocker for you. My mother bought some apples when she was up here visiting recently-just grabbed one randomly out of a bin of normal looking apples (I have yet to convince my mother to go organic-just NOT going to happen) When she started slicing up the apple that night, I became aware of a very chemical, odd, kool aid like grape smell, and even my mother noticed that the smell wasn't normal (I am chemically sensitive, so usually aware of smells that others don't pick up on) She tasted the apple, and said it tasted like grape kool aid-it smelled VILE! We went back to the store, and talked to the produce manager, who informed us they were a "new" type of apple called a grapple, that were "cross bred" with grapes, and he insisted that it was "natrual" grapes. I informed him that GRAPPLES were NOT a cross breed between real grapes, but artificially, chemically, and genetically modified-he was the produce manager and didn't even k

now this! They had put tho

se!

Guest guest

So now it has been infused with grape juice which should mean that it will spoil much more quickly.

something missing here for me

SharonM in W. WA

Sent: Saturday, March 10, 2012 8:49 PM

; Berry

Subject: Re: Re: Grape experience in winter in CA Beware of Costco Grapples

Well, we I stand corrected on Grapples. I read 's post to my husband and son, and son said, No Mom they are soaked in a kool aid like solution. So, I googled it. Here is the Grapple site. Click on the How they are made tab. They are NOT genetically modified. However, they are soaked, treated with a solution which imparts the grape flavor. http://www.grapplefruits.com/process.html

GrÄpple® brand apples begin either as Washington Extra Fancy Gala or Fuji Apples, depending upon the season. These "premium apples" are the ones that take on the grape flavor best. This Patented Process is complex and the ingredient mix primarily includes concentrated grape flavor and pure water (USPP #7,824,723). All ingredients are USDA and FDA approved and the process has been licensed by the Washington State Department of Agriculture.

There is nothing but flavor being infused into the apple. A relaxing bathing process prepares our apples for you or your kids. The apple takes on no additional sugars or calories. They are not genetically altered in any way. The apple is as healthy as ever but now has the new exciting grape flavor. The process is better explained by the Food Network's "Unwrapped" show entitled "Grapeful". Check your local listings or click here to find out the next time it is on in your area.On 3/10/2012 8:07 PM, wrote: Here is another shocker for you. My mother bought some apples when she was up here visiting recently-just grabbed one randomly out of a bin of normal looking apples (I have yet to convince my mother to go organic-just NOT going to happen) When she started slicing up the apple that night, I became aware of a very chemical, odd, kool aid like grape smell, and even my mother noticed that the smell wasn't normal (I am chemically sensitive, so usually aware of smells that others don't pick up on) She tasted the apple, and said it tasted like grape kool aid-it smelled VILE! We went back to the store, and talked to the produce manager, who informed us they were a "new" type of apple called a grapple, that were "cross bred" with grapes, and he insisted that it was "natrual" grapes. I informed him that GRAPPLES were NOT a cross breed between real grapes, but artificially, chemically, and genetically modified-he was the produce manager and didn't even know this! They had put tho

se!

Guest guest

I have no clue on that as I would never even bother to buy one

single apple like that.

Velda

On 3/11/2012 7:32 AM, sharon wrote:

So now it has been infused with grape juice which should

mean that it will spoil much more quickly.  

something missing here for me

SharonM in W. WA

Sent: Saturday, March 10, 2012 8:49 PM

; Berry

Subject: Re: Re: Grape

experience in winter in CA Beware of Costco Grapples

Well, we I stand corrected on Grapples. I read 's

post to my husband and son, and son said, No Mom they

are soaked in a kool aid like solution. So, I googled

it. Here is the Grapple site.

Click on the How they are made tab. They are NOT

genetically modified. However, they are soaked, treated

with a solution which imparts the grape flavor.

GrÄpple® brand apples begin either as Washington

Extra Fancy Gala or Fuji Apples, depending upon the

season. These "premium apples" are the ones that take

on the grape flavor best. This Patented Process is

complex and the ingredient mix primarily includes

concentrated grape flavor and pure water (USPP

#7,824,723). All ingredients are USDA and FDA approved

and the process has been licensed by the Washington

State Department of Agriculture.

There is nothing but flavor being infused into the

apple. A relaxing bathing process prepares our apples

for you or your kids. The apple takes on no additional

sugars or calories. They are not genetically altered

in any way. The apple is as healthy as ever but now

has the new exciting grape flavor. The process is

better explained by the Food Network's "Unwrapped"

show entitled "Grapeful". Check your local listings or

click here to find out the next

time it is on in your area.

Here is another shocker for you. My mother bought some apples when she was up here visiting recently-just grabbed one randomly out of a bin of normal looking apples (I have yet to convince my mother to go organic-just NOT going to happen) When she started slicing up the apple that night, I became aware of a very chemical, odd, kool aid like grape smell, and even my mother noticed that the smell wasn't normal (I am chemically sensitive, so usually aware of smells that others don't pick up on) She tasted the apple, and said it tasted like grape kool aid-it smelled VILE! We went back to the store, and talked to the produce manager, who informed us they were a "new" type of apple called a grapple, that were "cross bred" with grapes, and he insisted that it was "natrual" grapes. I informed him that GRAPPLES were NOT a cross breed between real grapes, but artificially, chemically, and genetically modified-he was the produce manager and didn't even

know this! They had put tho

se!

Guest guest

We used to inject watermelons with vodka. What about gin flavored apples, do you think? heh heh.

On Mar 10, 2012 9:49 PM, " Velda " <solomon@...> wrote:

GrÄpple® brand apples begin either as Washington Extra Fancy

Gala or Fuji Apples, depending upon the season. These " premium

apples " are the ones that take on the grape flavor best. This

Agriculture.

is better explained by the Food Network's " Unwrapped " show

entitled " Grapeful " . Check your local listings or click here to find out the next time it is

on in your area.

Here is another shocker for you. My mother bought some apples when she was up here visiting recently-just grabbed one randomly out of a bin of normal looking apples (I have yet to convince my mother to go organic-just NOT going to happen) When she started slicing up the apple that night, I became aware of a very chemical, odd, kool aid like grape smell, and even my mother noticed that the smell wasn't normal (I am chemically sensitive, so usually aware of smells that others don't pick up on) She tasted the apple, and said it tasted like grape kool aid-it smelled VILE! We went back to the store, and talked to the produce manager, who informed us they were a " new " type of apple called a grapple, that were " cross bred " with grapes, and he insisted that it was " natrual " grapes. I informed him that GRAPPLES were NOT a cross breed between real grapes, but artificially, chemically, and genetically modified-he was the produce manager and didn't even know this! They had put tho

se!

nasty things right out with " normal " apples like they belonged there. It looked exactly the same as the apples in the other bins, but here it is totally altered from being anywhere remotely close to " natural " or normal! It is things such as this that lead me to learn to garden and grow my own stuff!

/links/

(this is the Links page where I save the answers to FAQs and Answers, Recipes, and LOTS of other helpful information - this page is always being added to)