RemedySpot.com

Re: Re: Cleaning Peanut Butter left in Container

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

My guess it is the Vitamix Professional 500 series. It has 3 presets, one for smoothie, one for soups, and another for frozen desserts. Tom From: [mailto: ] On Behalf Of mirthfulladySent: Sunday, March 11, 2012 8:49 PM Subject: Re: Cleaning Peanut Butter left in Container Aloha,My vitamix doesn't have one, so .... What is a soup cycle?> > > I just caught something in the first message in this string. " chele519 " > > wrote about the VM demo and said: " He also made peanut butter but the > > machine was really a pain to clean up. " ,> > NO one has mentioned it, so I thought I would bring it up, as we have > > talked about it before. Make the nut butter first in the VM, using the > > nuts you want to use in your " ice cream " then take out most of the nut > > butter, but not worrying about the corners and crevices, and put the > > rest of the ingredients for the Ice Cream in the container in and VM > > until it is done, Eat the ice cream and the sticky nut butter is mixed > > with the ice cream, instead of stuck in the corners. The ice cream > > " cleans " the container so it can be cleaned much easier with soap and > > water after done with dessert.> > Velda> > > > 3>

Guest guest

All the recipes in the Whole Food Recipes Cookbook give you times and settings for each recipe so until you get a handle on using your Vitamix through experience I would suggest you follow the cookbook recommendations. There are recipes with instructions at vitamix.com. Tom From: [mailto: ] On Behalf Of mirthfulladySent: Tuesday, March 13, 2012 9:20 AM Subject: Re: Cleaning Peanut Butter left in Container Okay, it's a preset. But can anyone translate that into what I would need to do if I don't have the presets? My vitamix has a dial and a high and low switch, so there are a lot of possibilities ....> > > > > I just caught something in the first message in this string. " chele519 " > > > wrote about the VM demo and said: " He also made peanut butter but the > > > machine was really a pain to clean up. " ,> > > NO one has mentioned it, so I thought I would bring it up, as we have > > > talked about it before. Make the nut butter first in the VM, using the > > > nuts you want to use in your " ice cream " then take out most of the nut > > > butter, but not worrying about the corners and crevices, and put the > > > rest of the ingredients for the Ice Cream in the container in and VM > > > until it is done, Eat the ice cream and the sticky nut butter is mixed > > > with the ice cream, instead of stuck in the corners. The ice cream > > > " cleans " the container so it can be cleaned much easier with soap and > > > water after done with dessert.> > > Velda> > > > > > 3> >>

Guest guest

I have the Pro 500 Vitamix and it has 3 preset cycles plus the variable speeds. You can do the same thing running the 5200 on high until the water gets hot.Debbie

Aloha,

My vitamix doesn't have one, so .... What is a soup cycle?

>

> I made peanut butter the other day and used this spatula and it cleaned out the 64oz container perfectly. I then put in a dab of detergent and water and ran on the soup cycle. The hot water and soap melt what ever peanut butter is left and the container is perfectly clean. Here is an Amazon link. The product is called

> iSi Basics Silicone Slim Spatula, Red.

>

>

> http://tinyurl.com/6n8zozh

>

> Debbie in SW Florida

>

>

Guest guest

You shouldn't have to keep your hand on the top of the blender. I love the preset buttons especially for soup. It starts low and ramps itself up to speed then shuts off when complete. You can run and get away from the noise for 5 minutes LOL. Of course, you can always set a timer for the 5200 but probably won't be able to hear it.DebbieOn Mar 14, 2012, at 11:15 AM, mirthfullady wrote:

Aloha,

My vitamix is a commercial model that I bought at a restaurant supply store, so it didn't come with the regular whole foods recipes cookbook that it seems most y'alls came with. I have had my vitamix for four years. Although I don't use it everyday, I am comfortable with it. I just wanted to know what a soup cycle is.

Just wondering, since I'm not a gadget person, if it is just high until hot, why bother with a preset? Why not just put it on high? Is there an advantage to it? When I was taught how to cook I was taught to always keep a hand over the top of the blender (with a towel), so not only can I not leave the room, i can't leave the machine. :) does anyone else do this? Or am I hopelessly old fashioned?

I hadn't thought to look at vitamix.com for recipes. Good suggestion!

Thanks!

Aloha,

mirthfullady

Guest guest

I have been using various models of Vitamix for years. I have ALWAYS been in the habit of leaving the machine while it makes soup-I usually go take my shower, lol. Never had an issue with it.Sent from my iPadOn Mar 14, 2012, at 4:08 PM, "chele519" <chele519@...> wrote:

I also feel more comfortable with my hand on the top. Maybe once I get used to it, I will feel ok not keeping my hand on it but I don't know that I'd ever be ok to walk away and leave it.

Michele

>

> > Aloha,

> >

> > My vitamix is a commercial model that I bought at a restaurant supply store, so it didn't come with the regular whole foods recipes cookbook that it seems most y'alls came with. I have had my vitamix for four years. Although I don't use it everyday, I am comfortable with it. I just wanted to know what a soup cycle is.

> >

> > Just wondering, since I'm not a gadget person, if it is just high until hot, why bother with a preset? Why not just put it on high? Is there an advantage to it? When I was taught how to cook I was taught to always keep a hand over the top of the blender (with a towel), so not only can I not leave the room, i can't leave the machine. :) does anyone else do this? Or am I hopelessly old fashioned?

> >

> > I hadn't thought to look at vitamix.com for recipes. Good suggestion!

> >

> > Thanks!

> >

> > Aloha,

> > mirthfullady

> >

> >

>

=