RemedySpot.com

Re: Re: Why Cauliflower Should Be On Your Grocery List

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

I totally understand this! I to am hypothyroid and have never been " balanced " on The meds Im on now(Levoxyl and cytomel). I am in the process of getting off of them and go to compound only if I need it. I LOVE cauliflower and cold eat it daily, and sometimes do!I cannot see myself ever to stop eating it. In HIs Grace....Robbie From: [mailto: ] On Behalf Of Sent: Monday, March 12, 2012 5:01 PM Subject: Re: Why Cauliflower Should Be On Your Grocery List I have had poorly managed thyroid issues my entire life, and although I am cautious with goitrogens, I consider cauliflower to be the one veggie I am not willing to do without, since it is packed with nutrients and is so versatile. It can be used as the base for sauces, purees, ice creams, soups, etc. I take Armour thyroid, which is better than synthroid (read synthetic) for me, but still have never gotten my levels to a good place, but even after years of avoiding ALL goitrogens, it still never leveled out anyway, and cauliflower hasn't made it any worse....and I eat boatloads of it. I think most people would consume it in much more moderation than I do, so it would be a personal judgement call on whether or not to avoid it. I wouldn't give it up for anything. Cauliflower soup in the Vitamix is my mainstay!>> Does that mean that those of us taking Synthroid should not eat it? My dr. Didn't say anything but they sometimes forget. He forgot to tell me to take the Synt horrid on an empty stomach either but I know to do that.> Terry> > Sent from my iPad> > On Mar

Guest guest

That so reminds me of the experience of a good friend after her husband

had a quintuple bypass three years ago. She caught the young heart

surgeon telling her husband, OH, you can eat what you want, your

arteries are now good. Now you would have trouble enough with most men,

after they heard that, but her husband is a traumatic brain injury

patient, and takes everything literally. You have no idea how hard it is

for her to get him to eat veggies and stay out of the salt shaker and

away from the burgers with cheese and fries since that doctor made that

statement.

Velda

On 3/12/2012 6:19 PM, wrote:

> Honestly, it is typical, and irresponsible for your endo to say that, but they

all do. That is the same as telling someone on cholesterol meds that they can

have all the cholesterol rich foods they want (which most people do believe) or

someone on diabetes meds that they can eat all the sugar they want. Pills

really just mask the symptoms or replace what is missing-they don't address the

underlying issue. Sad, but most doctors aren't well educated in how nutrition

effects the underlying ailment, whic is why I think we all need to do our own

research and determine what is best for us.

>

>

>

>

>> Im confused, my endocrinologist has always told me that goitrogen foods are

>> safe to eat as long as you are on thyroid medication.

>>

>> Any comments?

>>

>>

>>

>> In HIs Grace....

>>

>> Robbie

>>

>>

>>

>>

>

>

> ------------------------------------

>

> Please bookmark these pages:

>

> /links/

> (this is the Links page where I save the answers to FAQs and Answers, Recipes,

and LOTS of other helpful information - this page is always being added to)

>

>

/links/IMPORTANT_VitamixE\

nthusiasts_Membership__001327149393/

> PLEASE DON'T UNSUBSCRIBE IF YOU ARE GETTING TOO MUCH MAIL! (if you

unsubscribe, you will lose access to the Links page - an Encyclopedia of

Collected Vitamix Wisdom! Go to this link to learn how to stop mail from

coming, but STILL be a member of the group so you can STILL visit the Links page

and read messages online!

Guest guest

Isn't that just shocking? For a HEART SUGEON to tell you to go on eating what landed you in his hospital in the first place...guess he wants the repeat business. So sad.Sent from my iPadOn Mar 12, 2012, at 10:16 PM, Velda <solomon@...> wrote:

statement.

Velda

> Honestly, it is typical, and irresponsible for your endo to say that, but they all do. That is the same as telling someone on cholesterol meds that they can have all the cholesterol rich foods they want (which most people do believe) or someone on diabetes meds that they can eat all the sugar they want. Pills really just mask the symptoms or replace what is missing-they don't address the underlying issue. Sad, but most doctors aren't well educated in how nutrition effects the underlying ailment, whic is why I think we all need to do our own research and determine what is best for us.

>

>

>

>

>>

>> Any comments?

>>

>>

>>

>> In HIs Grace....

>>

>> Robbie

>>

>>

>>

>>

>

>

>

>

> /links/

> (this is the Links page where I save the answers to FAQs and Answers, Recipes, and LOTS of other helpful information - this page is always being added to)

>

> /links/IMPORTANT__Membership__001327149393/

> PLEASE DON'T UNSUBSCRIBE IF YOU ARE GETTING TOO MUCH MAIL! (if you unsubscribe, you will lose access to the Links page - an Encyclopedia of Collected Vitamix Wisdom! Go to this link to learn how to stop mail from coming, but STILL be a member of the group so you can STILL visit the Links page and read messages online!

Guest guest

Most doctors are below the level of village idiots when it comes to nutrition. I had a stent put in because of heart problems 15 years agoand in the hospital their meal was a thick slice of fatty pork and gravy. I said -don't you realize that's what put me here in the first place?I became a vegan that day for about 8 years and am now a vegetarian.I do not take any meds not even aspirin and have not been backto see a doctor since. Their only simple minded advice would be that I should be on some kind of pills as a prevention.I juice everyday and just joined this list to learn about using a Vitamix before I buy one.Dennis From: berrywell@...Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2012 23:31:31 -0400Subject: Re: Re: Why Cauliflower Should Be On Your Grocery List

Isn't that just shocking? For a HEART SUGEON to tell you to go on eating what landed you in his hospital in the first place...guess he wants the repeat business. So sad.Sent from my iPadOn Mar 12, 2012, at 10:16 PM, Velda <solomon@...> wrote:

statement.

Velda

> Honestly, it is typical, and irresponsible for your endo to say that, but they all do. That is the same as telling someone on cholesterol meds that they can have all the cholesterol rich foods they want (which most people do believe) or someone on diabetes meds that they can eat all the sugar they want. Pills really just mask the symptoms or replace what is missing-they don't address the underlying issue. Sad, but most doctors aren't well educated in how nutrition effects the underlying ailment, whic is why I think we all need to do our own research and determine what is best for us.

>

>

>

>

>>

>> Any comments?

>>

>>

>>

>> In HIs Grace....

>>

>> Robbie

>>

>>

>>

>>

>

>

>

>

> /links/

> (this is the Links page where I save the answers to FAQs and Answers, Recipes, and LOTS of other helpful information - this page is always being added to)

>

> PLEASE DON'T UNSUBSCRIBE IF YOU ARE GETTING TOO MUCH MAIL! (if you unsubscribe, you will lose access to the Links page - an Encyclopedia of Collected Vitamix Wisdom! Go to this link to learn how to stop mail from coming, but STILL be a member of the group so you can STILL visit the Links page and read messages online!

Guest guest

Yeah, she has not gotten over that one. In fact, she called my from

the hospital upset, just to chat, to keep her from going berserk on

the doctor she was so mad.

Velda

On 3/12/2012 8:31 PM, Berry wrote:

Isn't that just shocking?  For a HEART SUGEON to tell you to

go on eating what landed you in his hospital in the first

place...guess he wants the repeat business.  So sad.

Sent from my iPad

On Mar 12, 2012, at 10:16 PM, Velda <solomon@...>

wrote:

That so reminds me of the experience of a good friend

after her husband

had a quintuple bypass three years ago. She caught the

young heart

surgeon telling her husband, OH, you can eat what you

want, your

arteries are now good. Now you would have trouble enough

with most men,

after they heard that, but her husband is a traumatic

brain injury

patient, and takes everything literally. You have no idea

how hard it is

for her to get him to eat veggies and stay out of the salt

shaker and

away from the burgers with cheese and fries since that

doctor made that

statement.

Velda

> Honestly, it is typical, and irresponsible for your

endo to say that, but they all do. That is the same as

telling someone on cholesterol meds that they can have all

the cholesterol rich foods they want (which most people do

believe) or someone on diabetes meds that they can eat all

the sugar they want. Pills really just mask the symptoms

or replace what is missing-they don't address the

underlying issue. Sad, but most doctors aren't well

educated in how nutrition effects the underlying ailment,

whic is why I think we all need to do our own research and

determine what is best for us.

>

>

>

>

>> Im confused, my endocrinologist has always told

me that goitrogen foods are

>> safe to eat as long as you are on thyroid

medication.

>>

>> Any comments?

>>

>>

>>

>> In HIs Grace....

>>

>> Robbie

>>

>>

>>

>>

>

>

>

>

> /links/

> (this is the Links page where I save the answers to

FAQs and Answers, Recipes, and LOTS of other helpful

information - this page is always being added to)

>

> PLEASE DON'T UNSUBSCRIBE IF YOU ARE GETTING TOO MUCH

MAIL! (if you unsubscribe, you will lose access to the

Links page - an Encyclopedia of Collected Vitamix Wisdom!

Go to this link to learn how to stop mail from coming, but

STILL be a member of the group so you can STILL visit the

Links page and read messages online!

Guest guest

Thank you ,I have been wanting to find a new endo anyway, and even though another one may say the same thing, I know now to continue my own research.Its awesome here to come and ask and learn from others, like yourself, what has worked or not. In His Grace...Robbie From: [mailto: ] On Behalf Of Sent: Monday, March 12, 2012 8:19 PM Subject: Re: Why Cauliflower Should Be On Your Grocery List Honestly, it is typical, and irresponsible for your endo to say that, but they all do. That is the same as telling someone on cholesterol meds that they can have all the cholesterol rich foods they want (which most people do believe) or someone on diabetes meds that they can eat all the sugar they want. Pills really just mask the symptoms or replace what is missing-they don't address the underlying issue. Sad, but most doctors aren't well educated in how nutrition effects the underlying ailment, whic is why I think we all need to do our own research and determine what is best for us. >> Im confused, my endocrinologist has always told me that goitrogen foods are> safe to eat as long as you are on thyroid medication.> > Any comments?> > > > In HIs Grace....> > Robbie> > > >

Guest guest

And what gets served in a hospital cafeteria is pretty pathetic too! They think that adding a frozen yogurt machine and a wimpy salad bar demonstrates healthy eating!

Fran

In a message dated 3/13/2012 11:07:09 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time, jbddbooth@... writes:

Dennis:Welcome to the group and thanks for your statement as it is still true. My husband had two stents in 2010 at an Alberta Heart Institute and the food he was given was deplorable but as long as he didn't get salt with it or cream for his coffee, they acted like it was healthy!!You are going to love your Vitamix once you buy one!!!!DD> > >> Im confused, my endocrinologist has always told me that goitrogen foods are> > >> safe to eat as long as you are on thyroid medication.> > >>> > >> Any comments?> > >>> > >>> > >>> > >> In HIs Grace....> > >>> > >> Robbie> > >>> > >>> > >>> > >>> > >> > >> > > ------------------------------------> > >> > > Please bookmark these pages:> > >> > > /links/> > > (this is the Links page where I save the answers to FAQs and Answers, Recipes, and LOTS of other helpful information - this page is always being added to)> > >> > > /links/IMPORTANT__Membership__001327149393/> > > PLEASE DON'T UNSUBSCRIBE IF YOU ARE GETTING TOO MUCH MAIL! (if you unsubscribe, you will lose access to the Links page - an Encyclopedia of Collected Vitamix Wisdom! Go to this link to learn how to stop mail from coming, but STILL be a member of the group so you can STILL visit the Links page and read messages online!