RemedySpot.com

Cleaning Nut Butter off of the container the EASY WAY - was - Went to a demo today! Reconditioned machine question

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Hello Michele,I have switched to cleaning my container with a bottle brush. I make nut butter in the Vitamix at shows and have no problem at all getting the nut butter out of the container. After I make a "clean-out-the-container" recipe (like the almond/pecan sorbet) if there is still some nut butter in the container, I give the machine a whirl with soapy water, then use the bottle brush at a show (by then there is only the tiniest amount of nut butter left, and it is so easy to rinse out the bottle brush). EVEN when I don't make a "clean-out-the-container" recipe, and there is a lot of nut butter left behind, the bottle brush gets it all very nicely.When I am at home, I just pour in hot water with soap and set it on high and leave the room (much like I do when making soup). The hotter the water gets, the easier it is for the nut butter on the sides to melt. Let it get hot enough, and there won't' be ANY nut butter at all left behind - it will melt away into the soapy water.If you are making a cold "clean-out-the-container" recipe, there will be more nut butter left behind. For this reason, I've started making my Hot Pumpkin Pie Smoothie /links/Recipe_Links_001298558025/Smoothies_and_Shakes_001327151343/ both at shows and at home. Everyone LOVES this (well, at least anyone who likes Pumpkin :-)One last thing, ever since I switched to cleaning my container with a bottle brush (instead of buzzing with soapy water) my container no longer has a cloudy, filmy build up.

Blessings,Lea Ann SavageSatellite Beach, FL(321) 773-7088 (home)(321-961-9219 (cell)))><'>www.VitamixLady.comwww..com<:)))><

On Mar 11, 2012, at 7:57 AM, chele519 wrote:

He took the majority of it out and then made a smoothie with just a banana and the peanut butter left in it. Maybe your solution would work better, I'll have to try it, thanks for posting it. Even with the smoothie, there was peanut butter left on the sides and he washed it out and then had to wash it a 2nd time. He said that's the reason he only makes peanut butter one time per demo day. I wasn't that concerned, I have a good food processor so if I still need to do a couple things in that, it's not an issue.

Michele

> > He didn't measure anything out but I'd say it was probably 1/2 cup each of the nuts, maybe a little less, a whole banana, and 1-2 tbsp of agave. About 2-3 cups of ice. It was awesome! I'm thinking it would also be great with maple syrup as the sweetener and walnuts to make maple walnut ice cream. I'm going to buy popsicle molds at Amazon so I can make my own fruit/yogurt bars for the summer.

> >

>

Guest guest

Thanks. Any suggestion where I can get a bottle brush that is long enough to

reach into the container? I've only see shorter ones, or maybe they are not even

bottle brushes.

Also, i posted a link but it didn't post as a hyperlink. how do I do that like

in your post below?

Michele

> > > He didn't measure anything out but I'd say it was probably 1/2 cup each of

the nuts, maybe a little less, a whole banana, and 1-2 tbsp of agave. About 2-3

cups of ice. It was awesome! I'm thinking it would also be great with maple

syrup as the sweetener and walnuts to make maple walnut ice cream. I'm going to

buy popsicle molds at Amazon so I can make my own fruit/yogurt bars for the

summer.

> > >

> >

>

Guest guest

Those disposable 5 dollar electric toothbrushes work great for cleaning the containers too-just the right size to reach down in them, and the small head makes it easy to get under the blades.Sent from my iPad

=

Guest guest

Thanks to your suggestion awhile back, Lea Ann, I switched to the bottle brush technique and voila, no more of that film from the chia seeds! And it's really just as easy as putting the container back on the machine and buzzing it!Ginny From: Lea Ann Savage <lsavage@...> Sent: Sunday, March 11, 2012 7:00

AM Subject: Cleaning Nut Butter off of the container the EASY WAY - was - Went to a demo today! Reconditioned machine question

Hello Michele,I have switched to cleaning my container with a bottle brush. I make nut butter in the Vitamix at shows and have no problem at all getting the nut butter out of the container. After I make a "clean-out-the-container" recipe (like the almond/pecan sorbet) if there is still some nut butter in the container, I give the machine a whirl with soapy water, then use the bottle brush at a show (by then there is only the tiniest amount of nut butter left, and it is so easy to rinse out the bottle brush). EVEN when I don't make a "clean-out-the-container" recipe, and there is a lot of nut butter left behind, the bottle brush gets it all very nicely.When I am at home, I just pour in hot water with soap and set it on high and leave the room (much like I do when making soup). The hotter the water gets, the easier it is for the nut butter on the sides to melt. Let

it get hot enough, and there won't' be ANY nut butter at all left behind - it will melt away into the soapy water.If you are making a cold "clean-out-the-container" recipe, there will be more nut butter left behind. For this reason, I've started making my Hot Pumpkin Pie Smoothie /links/Recipe_Links_001298558025/Smoothies_and_Shakes_001327151343/ both at shows and at home. Everyone LOVES this (well, at least anyone who likes Pumpkin :-)One last thing, ever since I switched to cleaning my container with a bottle brush (instead of buzzing with soapy water) my container no longer has a cloudy, filmy build up.

Blessings,Lea Ann SavageSatellite Beach, FL(321) 773-7088 (home)(321-961-9219 (cell)))><'>www.VitamixLady.comwww..com<:)))><

He took the majority of it out and then made a smoothie with just a banana and the peanut butter left in it. Maybe your solution would work better, I'll have to try it, thanks for posting it. Even with the smoothie, there was peanut butter left on the sides and he washed it out and then had to wash it a 2nd time. He said that's the reason he only makes peanut butter one time per demo day. I wasn't that concerned, I have a good food processor so if I still need to do a couple things in that, it's not an issue.

Michele

> > He didn't measure anything out but I'd say it was probably 1/2 cup each of the nuts, maybe a little less, a whole banana, and 1-2 tbsp of agave. About 2-3 cups of ice. It was awesome! I'm thinking it would also be great with maple syrup as the sweetener and walnuts to make maple walnut ice cream. I'm going to buy popsicle molds at Amazon so I can make my own fruit/yogurt bars for the summer.

> >

>

Guest guest

I noticed after making the buttermilk waffles some dough was left behind, underneath the blades.  I purchased this dish brush from the " Fly Lady Shop " which is all made of silicon and it did a really good job without me having to put much elbow grease.  The brush is easy to clean because the bristles are thicker than a regular bottle brush so no risk of getting tiny bits of food stuck in between.  It comes as a set with another brush which I use to scrub the walls in the shower.

http://shop.flylady.net/pages/FlyShop_rbs.aspJessOn Mon, Mar 12, 2012 at 5:50 PM, Ginny Welton <ginbit@...> wrote:

Thanks to your suggestion awhile back, Lea Ann, I switched to the bottle brush technique and voila, no more of that film from the chia seeds!  And it's really just as easy as putting the container back on the machine and buzzing it!

Ginny

Sent: Sunday, March 11, 2012 7:00

AM Subject: Cleaning Nut Butter off of the container the EASY WAY - was - Went to a demo today! Reconditioned machine question

Hello Michele,I have switched to cleaning my container with a bottle brush.  I make nut butter in the Vitamix at shows and have no problem at all getting the nut butter out of the container.  After I make a " clean-out-the-container " recipe (like the almond/pecan sorbet) if there is still some nut butter in the container, I give the machine a whirl with soapy water, then use the bottle brush at a show (by then there is only the tiniest amount of nut butter left, and it is so easy to rinse out the bottle brush).  EVEN when I don't make a " clean-out-the-container " recipe, and there is a lot of nut butter left behind, the bottle brush gets it all very nicely.

When I am at home, I just pour in hot water with soap and set it on high and leave the room (much like I do when making soup).  The hotter the water gets, the easier it is for the nut butter on the sides to melt.  Let

it get hot enough, and there won't' be ANY nut butter at all left behind - it will melt away into the soapy water.If you are making a cold " clean-out-the-container " recipe, there will be more nut butter left behind.  For this reason, I've started making my Hot Pumpkin Pie Smoothie /links/Recipe_Links_001298558025/Smoothies_and_Shakes_001327151343/  both at shows and at home.  Everyone LOVES this (well, at least anyone who likes Pumpkin :-)

One last thing, ever since I switched to cleaning my container with a bottle brush (instead of buzzing with soapy water) my container no longer has a cloudy, filmy build up.

Blessings,Lea Ann Savage

Satellite Beach, FL(321) 773-7088 (home)(321-961-9219 (cell)www.VitamixLady.com

))><'>www..com<:)))><

Michele

> >

>