RemedySpot.com

Almond/Pecan Sorbet - was - Went to a demo today! Reconditioned machine question

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

That recipe is in our Links>Recipes>Ice Creams and Sorbets

Blessings,Lea Ann SavageSatellite Beach, FL(321) 773-7088 (home)(321-961-9219 (cell)))><'>www.VitamixLady.comwww..com<:)))><

On Mar 10, 2012, at 10:48 PM, chele519 wrote:

He didn't measure anything out but I'd say it was probably 1/2 cup each of the nuts, maybe a little less, a whole banana, and 1-2 tbsp of agave. About 2-3 cups of ice. It was awesome! I'm thinking it would also be great with maple syrup as the sweetener and walnuts to make maple walnut ice cream. I'm going to buy popsicle molds at Amazon so I can make my own fruit/yogurt bars for the summer.

> >

> > I went to a demo today at Whole Foods. This was my first time seeing the Vitamix in person. My order shipped Friday and will be here Tuesday so I really wanted to see it in action before it arrived. I am so excited about getting this!

> >

> > I've been making green smoothies every day for the past 2-3 months in a 20 yr old $15 blender from Walmart. It works "ok" and I figured I could get by with it for a while. I wanted to make sure that if I bought the Vitamix, it wouldn't get stuck in a cabinet somewhere and never used. After seeing it today, I know that this will be one of the best investments I have made. It was amazing seeing how smooth the sample was compared to what I make.

> >

> > The only thing that concerns me is that the demo guy said that a demo puts about 4 years of use on a machine. I'm starting to think that maybe a reconditioned machine was a mistake. I know it has the same warranty but has anyone else gotten a reconditioned machine and had it a long time with no problems?

> >

> > He made an ice cream that was amazing. It wasn't in any books so I made sure to write it down. He used almonds, pecans, agave, ice, cinnamon, and a banana. It was so good he made it 3 times. I stayed for 2 hrs and had a great time.

> >

> > He also made peanut butter but the machine was really a pain to clean up. I have a good food processor that makes great peanut and almond butter so I will probably keep using that for those items. Plus I don't want to have to add any oil to the almond butter.

> >

> > I can't wait to use it!

> >

>