RemedySpot.com

Re: Freezing an avacado?

Rate this topic

Guest guest

I haven't tried this, but I appoint you to try it, and report back to us with the results (big grin ;-)

Blessings,Lea Ann SavageSatellite Beach, FL(321) 773-7088 (home)(321-961-9219 (cell)))><'>www.VitamixLady.comwww..com<:)))><

On Feb 17, 2012, at 1:42 PM, sew_bz_it wrote:

Have you peeled an avo, quickly dip in lemon/citrus juice and frozen each half on a tray and then placed in a freezer bag/container to use later?

I want to try this but thought I would try to find out if there is a reason NOT to try this? LOL

Since they are so much better during certain times of year I would love to freeze them at the optimal time of year for use in smoothies later.

Thanks!

Veggietales

They freeze well! ---------------------Rene Oswald, RN, APHBest Beginnings, Inc. Living Food Classes & Consultationswww.rawfoodrene.comwww.reneoswald.com561-775-4867From: Lea Ann Savage <lsavage@...>To:

Sent: Fri, February 17, 2012 2:47:52 PMSubject: Re: Freezing an avacado?

I haven't tried this, but I appoint you to try it, and report back to us with the results (big grin ;-)

Blessings,Lea Ann SavageSatellite Beach, FL(321) 773-7088 (home)(321-961-9219 (cell)))><'>www.VitamixLady.comwww..com<:)))><

Have you peeled an avo, quickly dip in lemon/citrus juice and frozen each half on a tray and then placed in a freezer bag/container to use later?

I want to try this but thought I would try to find out if there is a reason NOT to try this? LOL

Since they are so much better during certain times of year I would love to freeze them at the optimal time of year for use in smoothies later.

Thanks!

Veggietales

THANK YOU Rene - I suspected that they would! :-)

On Feb 17, 2012, at 3:31 PM, Rene Oswald wrote:

They freeze well! ---------------------Rene Oswald, RN, APHBest Beginnings, Inc. Living Food Classes & Consultationswww.rawfoodrene.comwww.reneoswald.com561-775-4867From: Lea Ann Savage <lsavage@...>To:

Thanks!

Veggietales

this is good to know! do you know how many avocados i have let go to waste??? LOL Patti From: Rene Oswald

<Rene.Oswald@...> Sent: Friday, February 17, 2012 2:31 PM Subject: Re: Freezing an avacado?

Thanks!

Veggietales

LOL.

It will be an honor! :D

Sooo happy to see that others have done this! My VM is on its way! Yippee :)

I like my smoothies really cold, and I think the pudding/ice cream recipes will

be wonderful using the avo frozen. Guess I could also smash it up with some

different seasonings and fill an ice tray with it......then plop in one or two

frozen *cubes*.

Thanks all for letting me know for sure :D

Sherri

>

> Have you peeled an avo, quickly dip in lemon/citrus juice and frozen each half

on a tray and then placed in a freezer bag/container to use later?

>

> I want to try this but thought I would try to find out if there is a reason

NOT to try this? LOL

>

> Since they are so much better during certain times of year I would love to

freeze them at the optimal time of year for use in smoothies later.

>

> Thanks!

> Veggietales

>