RemedySpot.com

Re: the lemon and orange curds

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Terry I found the recipe. I must have skipped over it earlier.So if I understand you did the lemon curd the same way subbing lemon juiceand 4 egg yolks. Are you using fresh lemon juice? I am so excitedTo try your way. Thanks for the recipe and the tips. From: [mailto: ] On Behalf Of Terry PogueSent: Sunday, March 11, 2012 6:39 PMTerry PogueSubject: the lemon and orange curds The lemon curd I made yesterday was made with 4 egg yolks.It's very firm, think lemon meringue pie. That kind of firm.The orange curd I made today was made with 3 egg yolks.The texture is thick but it's more sauce like. Think think sauce.From now on I'll make them with four yolks for most things.And they do work nicely in the Vitamix.I'll repost the recipe with the yolk adjustment.But if you want a thick sauce just reduce to 3 yolks.Tonight we had a pavlova with my efforts. The meringue slathered with the lemon curd and topped with whipped cream. Boy was it ever good.Tomorrow I'm adding blueberries to the whipped cream. We love this dessert. terry

Guest guest

Make sure you use four yolks. That makes the curd more the consistency of lemon

meringue pie if you know what I mean. If you use three it's more like a very

thick sauce.

I think I send the orange curd too. I like the idea of reducing the orange juice

down so the flavors are more concentrated. So start with a cup a cup or so and

cook it down to 1/2 cup. Of course you don't have to do that with lemon since it

is so strong but orange tends to be mild.

I want to do a blood orange curd since the color would be glorious just as soon

as I can get them.

terry

On Mar 11, 2012, at 7:52 PM, wrote:

>

>

> Terry I found the recipe. I must have skipped over it earlier.

> So if I understand you did the lemon curd the same way subbing lemon juice

> and 4 egg yolks. Are you using fresh lemon juice? I am so excited

> To try your way. Thanks for the recipe and the tips.

>

>

> From:

[mailto: ] On Behalf Of Terry Pogue

> Sent: Sunday, March 11, 2012 6:39 PM

> Terry Pogue

> Subject: the lemon and orange curds

>

>

> The lemon curd I made yesterday was made with 4 egg yolks.

> It's very firm, think lemon meringue pie. That kind of firm.

> The orange curd I made today was made with 3 egg yolks.

> The texture is thick but it's more sauce like. Think think sauce.

> From now on I'll make them with four yolks for most things.

> And they do work nicely in the Vitamix.

> I'll repost the recipe with the yolk adjustment.But if you want a thick sauce

just reduce to 3 yolks.

>

> Tonight we had a pavlova with my efforts. The meringue slathered with the

lemon curd and topped with whipped cream. Boy was it ever good.Tomorrow I'm

adding blueberries to the whipped cream.

>

> We love this dessert.

>

> terry

>

>

>

>

Guest guest

Many thanks for the info. Will pick up oranges tomorrow. Yummm From: [mailto: ] On Behalf Of Terry PogueSent: Sunday, March 11, 2012 7:02 PM Subject: Re: the lemon and orange curds Make sure you use four yolks. That makes the curd more the consistency of lemon meringue pie if you know what I mean. If you use three it's more like a very thick sauce.I think I send the orange curd too. I like the idea of reducing the orange juice down so the flavors are more concentrated. So start with a cup a cup or so and cook it down to 1/2 cup. Of course you don't have to do that with lemon since it is so strong but orange tends to be mild.I want to do a blood orange curd since the color would be glorious just as soon as I can get them.terryOn Mar 11, 2012, at 7:52 PM, wrote:> > > Terry I found the recipe. I must have skipped over it earlier.> So if I understand you did the lemon curd the same way subbing lemon juice> and 4 egg yolks. Are you using fresh lemon juice? I am so excited> To try your way. Thanks for the recipe and the tips.> > > From: [mailto: ] On Behalf Of Terry Pogue> Sent: Sunday, March 11, 2012 6:39 PM> Terry Pogue> Subject: the lemon and orange curds> > > The lemon curd I made yesterday was made with 4 egg yolks.> It's very firm, think lemon meringue pie. That kind of firm.> The orange curd I made today was made with 3 egg yolks.> The texture is thick but it's more sauce like. Think think sauce.> From now on I'll make them with four yolks for most things.> And they do work nicely in the Vitamix.> I'll repost the recipe with the yolk adjustment.But if you want a thick sauce just reduce to 3 yolks.> > Tonight we had a pavlova with my efforts. The meringue slathered with the lemon curd and topped with whipped cream. Boy was it ever good.Tomorrow I'm adding blueberries to the whipped cream. > > We love this dessert. > > terry> > > >