RemedySpot.com

Re: UPDATE _ was hi all - hope someone can give me guidance re an older Vitamix

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

That is a 5000. It has a variable speed control. AWESOME!!! You can do it all in that one!!!

Blessings,Lea Ann SavageSatellite Beach, FL(321) 773-7088 (home)(321-961-9219 (cell)))><'>www.VitamixLady.comwww..com<:)))><

On Mar 25, 2012, at 2:33 PM, eilismaura wrote:

dug into the deep dark recesses of the closet (ok it really was not that far back) and found the machine

it is a Model VMO103 11.5 amps

white base and plastic container

>

> I bought mine in the late 80s - it is currently sitting in the back of the closet.

>

> As I get ready to bring it out and freshen it up I am looking at what to use it for.

>

> I see there are 'wet' and "dry" applications and containers -- would a vitamix from the late 80s be by its nature more 'wet' than 'dry'?

>

>

> Thanks in advance !!!

>

Guest guest

the container is plastic

and I guess it is the 'wet' type (thinking of the description in one of the files about the differences between the two types of containers)

if I wanted to get one of the newer containers can I be certain it will fit my base?

That is a 5000. It has a variable speed control. AWESOME!!! You can do it all in that one!!!

Blessings,

Lea Ann Savage

Satellite Beach, FL

(321) 773-7088 (home)

(321-961-9219 (cell)

www.VitamixLady.com

www..com

<:)))><

dug into the deep dark recesses of the closet (ok it really was not that far back) and found the machine

>

> I bought mine in the late 80s - it is currently sitting in the back of the closet.

>

> As I get ready to bring it out and freshen it up I am looking at what to use it for.

>

> I see there are 'wet' and "dry" applications and containers -- would a vitamix from the late 80s be by its nature more 'wet' than 'dry'?

>

>

> Thanks in advance !!!

>

Guest guest

The new containers will fit the 5000 base. The wet container has 4 pointed blades. The dry container has 2 pointed and 2 squared off blades.Did you say that you have both containers?

Blessings,Lea Ann SavageSatellite Beach, FL(321) 773-7088 (home)(321-961-9219 (cell)))><'>www.VitamixLady.comwww..com<:)))><

On Mar 25, 2012, at 3:20 PM, eilisalana@... wrote:

the container is plastic

and I guess it is the 'wet' type (thinking of the description in one of the files about the differences between the two types of containers)

if I wanted to get one of the newer containers can I be certain it will fit my base?

Blessings,

Lea Ann Savage

Satellite Beach, FL

(321) 773-7088 (home)

(321-961-9219 (cell)

www.VitamixLady.com

www..com

<:)))><

>

>

>

>

>

> Thanks in advance !!!

>

Guest guest

my machine was from a demo at a county fair (does that make a difference?)

it has 4 blades

I only have the one container

it is loud as $*^ & #!!

> >

> > I bought mine in the late 80s - it is currently sitting in the back of the

closet.

> >

> > As I get ready to bring it out and freshen it up I am looking at what to use

it for.

> >

> > I see there are 'wet' and " dry " applications and containers -- would a

vitamix from the late 80s be by its nature more 'wet' than 'dry'?

> >

> >

> > Thanks in advance !!!

> >

>