RemedySpot.com

Re: RE: OT regarding the lotion recipe I used

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Awesome - thanks for sharing, Janet!On Wed, Feb 29, 2012 at 5:06 PM, Janet Fowler <jaxjanet19@...> wrote:

Here is my recipe for making lip gloss.  I found it online and the company is in my town, so I can get thier products and don't have to pay shipping!  The recipe comes from Ponte Vedra Soap Shoppe.  Here is their website:  http://www.pvsoap.com/recipe_lip_balm.htm

A year ago I made lots of these for Christmas gifts for all my friends and family - even the men.  There is no color in it, but if you want color, you can melt a red crayon or a pink crayon in the mix at the beginning when you are melting the beeswax.  I have not tried this myself yet though.  Adding the peppermint flavoring makes this more like Burts Bees lip balm.

Enjoy,

Janet

I make 1/2 the recipe online.  It makes 6 - 1/2 oz round or 12 lip stick tubes.  The round things I buy at Wal-Mart in the travel section.  The lip stick tubes I bought from this soap company online.  I also have changed ounces into teaspoons for myself.  If you would rather do ounces, you can follow the recipe online.

New Layer Lip Balm

4 1/2 teaspoons beeswax pearls (also bought from pvsoap)

3 teaspoons cocoa butter (bought at Dollar General)

4 1/2 teaspoons shea butter (bought from pvsoap)

6 teaspoons almond oil (bought at Indian food store - cheaper than Whole Foods)

1/2 to 1 teaspoon essential oil (I used peppermint oil)

1 teaspoon castor oil (not in recipe but helps give lips a shine)

1/2 teaspoon vitamin E liquid (from pill or bottle)

1 teaspoon flavor oil - I use chocolate and peppermint together (bought from pv soap shoppe)(the recipe calls for 1/2 to 1 teaspoon and you need 1 teaspoon to tell there is any flavor at all)

Use a double boiler and put in the beeswax first.  Heat until melted on medium heat.  Add cocoa butter and shea butter and heat until all melted.  Then add the almond oil.  Heat to 175 degrees.  If you stir this your spoon will be coated in wax - just forwarning you. Add the vitamin E oil and essential oil.  Take pot off the stove and stir in flavoring.  Pour into lip stick tubes or little screw top pots or whatever you want.  I have a little glass heart and I fill that with lip balm and keep in my bedroom and use every morning and night.  Then I have a lip stick tube that I keep in my purse.

Guest guest

Thanks so much for sharing. I'm most definitely going to try. PaigeOn Feb 29, 2012, at 6:06 PM, Janet Fowler <jaxjanet19@...> wrote:

Here is my recipe for making lip gloss. I found it online and the company is in my town, so I can get thier products and don't have to pay shipping! The recipe comes from Ponte Vedra Soap Shoppe. Here is their website: http://www.pvsoap.com/recipe_lip_balm.htm

A year ago I made lots of these for Christmas gifts for all my friends and family - even the men. There is no color in it, but if you want color, you can melt a red crayon or a pink crayon in the mix at the beginning when you are melting the beeswax. I have not tried this myself yet though. Adding the peppermint flavoring makes this more like Burts Bees lip balm.

Enjoy,

Janet

I make 1/2 the recipe online. It makes 6 - 1/2 oz round or 12 lip stick tubes. The round things I buy at Wal-Mart in the travel section. The lip stick tubes I bought from this soap company online. I also have changed ounces into teaspoons for myself. If you would rather do ounces, you can follow the recipe online.

New Layer Lip Balm

4 1/2 teaspoons beeswax pearls (also bought from pvsoap)

3 teaspoons cocoa butter (bought at Dollar General)

4 1/2 teaspoons shea butter (bought from pvsoap)

6 teaspoons almond oil (bought at Indian food store - cheaper than Whole Foods)

1/2 to 1 teaspoon essential oil (I used peppermint oil)

1 teaspoon castor oil (not in recipe but helps give lips a shine)

1/2 teaspoon vitamin E liquid (from pill or bottle)

1 teaspoon flavor oil - I use chocolate and peppermint together (bought from pv soap shoppe)(the recipe calls for 1/2 to 1 teaspoon and you need 1 teaspoon to tell there is any flavor at all)

Use a double boiler and put in the beeswax first. Heat until melted on medium heat. Add cocoa butter and shea butter and heat until all melted. Then add the almond oil. Heat to 175 degrees. If you stir this your spoon will be coated in wax - just forwarning you. Add the vitamin E oil and essential oil. Take pot off the stove and stir in flavoring. Pour into lip stick tubes or little screw top pots or whatever you want. I have a little glass heart and I fill that with lip balm and keep in my bedroom and use every morning and night. Then I have a lip stick tube that I keep in my purse.

=