RemedySpot.com

Looking for nondairy chocolate milk recipe

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

I am looking to make some nondairy chocolate milk in either my soyajoy or my vitamix and am looking for a good recipe for either soy, rice, almond, etc. chocolate milk. Does anyone have a good one to share?

Thanks.

Guest guest

I use almond milk and chocolate flavored stevia......to die for !!! ;) In His Grace...Robbie From: [mailto: ] On Behalf Of NavarroSent: Sunday, March 11, 2012 7:59 PMSubject: Looking for nondairy chocolate milk recipe I am looking to make some nondairy chocolate milk in either my soyajoy or my vitamix and am looking for a good recipe for either soy, rice, almond, etc. chocolate milk. Does anyone have a good one to share? Thanks.

Guest guest

i buy the unsweetened chocolate almond milk & add my own stevia to sweeten :) Patti From: Robbie <Lordshelpr@...>

Sent: Monday, March 12, 2012 11:01 AM Subject: RE: Looking for nondairy chocolate milk recipe

I use almond milk and chocolate flavored stevia......to die for !!! ;) In His Grace...Robbie From: [mailto: ] On Behalf Of NavarroSent: Sunday, March 11, 2012 7:59 PMTo:

Subject: Looking for nondairy chocolate milk recipe I am looking to make some nondairy chocolate milk in either my soyajoy or my vitamix and am looking for a good recipe for either soy, rice, almond, etc. chocolate milk. Does anyone have a good one to share? Thanks.

Guest guest

I've been making rice milk:1 part long grain brown rice

8 parts watersalt to taste

Mix all together, bring to a boil, lower heat to a simmer.  Cook for 2 hours (I cover mine).  Blend in Vitamix with equal parts water (ie 2 cups cooked rice mixture with 2 cups water);  adding sweetener of choice.  Strain with nut milk bag or other cloth bag.  Add cocoa powder or carob powder and mix well (could put it back into the VM if you wanted to make mixing easier).

I have been making 1 cup rice / 8 cups water.  This makes a gallon of milk.  It is very creamy so you could thin it more.  My boys say it tastes like rice pudding. Yesterday I made a batch and did 1/2 C long grain brown rice; 1/2 C oat groats.  I am sure you could use other grains to make a multi-grain milk.

RenaIf God brings you to it, He will bring you through it.Happy moments, praise God.

Difficult moments, seek God. Quiet moments, worship God. Painful moments, trust God. Every moment, thank God.

Sent: Sunday, March 11, 2012 7:59 PMTo:

Subject: Looking for nondairy chocolate milk recipe    I am looking to make some nondairy chocolate milk in either my soyajoy or my vitamix and am looking for a good recipe for either soy, rice, almond, etc. chocolate milk.  Does anyone have a good one to share?

Thanks.

Guest guest

i made some cashew milk this weekend & it was pretty good! But rice milk is a whole lot cheaper to make.. I am going to give this a try! thanks Rena! Patti From: Rena Glubay <jp17aday@...> Sent: Monday, March 12, 2012 12:14 PM Subject: Re: Looking for nondairy chocolate milk recipe

Mix all together, bring to a boil, lower heat to a simmer. Cook for 2 hours (I cover mine). Blend in Vitamix with equal parts water (ie 2 cups cooked rice mixture with 2 cups water); adding sweetener of choice. Strain with nut milk bag or other cloth bag. Add cocoa powder or carob powder and mix well (could put it back into the VM if you wanted to make mixing easier).

I have been making 1 cup rice / 8 cups water. This makes a gallon of milk. It is very creamy so you could thin it more. My boys say it tastes like rice pudding. Yesterday I made a batch and did 1/2 C long grain brown rice; 1/2 C oat groats. I am sure you could use other grains to make a multi-grain milk.

RenaIf God brings you to it, He will bring you through it.Happy moments, praise God.

Difficult moments, seek God. Quiet moments, worship God. Painful moments, trust God. Every moment, thank God.

Subject: Looking for nondairy chocolate milk recipe I am looking to make some nondairy chocolate milk in either my soyajoy or my vitamix and am looking for a good recipe for either soy, rice, almond, etc. chocolate milk. Does anyone have a good one to share?

Thanks.

Guest guest

I was buying it at Costco for about $1/quart.  If I remember correctly, making it at home comes to about .12/gallon.  I am not currently using organic brown rice so the price would go up some but not to $1/quart!  The youtube video I watched explaining how to make it says to cook it for 3 hours but they used a regular blender.  I estimated that 2 hours would be plenty long since I would be blending with my VM and it seems to work fine that way.  I haven't tried the cocoa powder but may give it a shot in half of this last batch and see how it turns out.  I have been thinking to add a little vanilla too.

RenaIf God brings you to it, He will bring you through it.Happy moments, praise God.

Difficult moments, seek God. Quiet moments, worship God. Painful moments, trust God. Every moment, thank God.

On Mon, Mar 12, 2012 at 11:22 AM, patti <patti720@...> wrote:

i made some cashew milk this weekend & it was pretty good!  But rice milk is a whole lot cheaper to make.. I am going to give this a try!  thanks Rena!

Patti

Sent: Monday, March 12, 2012 12:14 PM Subject: Re: Looking for nondairy chocolate milk recipe

Mix all together, bring to a boil, lower heat to a simmer.  Cook for 2 hours (I cover mine).  Blend in Vitamix with equal parts water (ie 2 cups cooked rice mixture with 2 cups water);  adding sweetener of choice.  Strain with nut milk bag or other cloth bag.  Add cocoa powder or carob powder and mix well (could put it back into the VM if you wanted to make mixing easier).

I have been making 1 cup rice / 8 cups water.  This makes a gallon of milk.  It is very creamy so you could thin it more.  My boys say it tastes like rice pudding. Yesterday I made a batch and did 1/2 C long grain brown rice; 1/2 C oat groats.  I am sure you could use other grains to make a multi-grain milk.

Subject: Looking for nondairy chocolate milk recipe    I am looking to make some nondairy chocolate milk in either my soyajoy or my vitamix and am looking for a good recipe for either soy, rice, almond, etc. chocolate milk.  Does anyone have a good one to share?

Thanks.

Guest guest

Thanks Rena. I will try this.

From: jp17aday@...Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2012 11:14:35 -0600Subject: Re: Looking for nondairy chocolate milk recipe

I've been making rice milk:

1 part long grain brown rice

8 parts water

salt to taste

Mix all together, bring to a boil, lower heat to a simmer. Cook for 2 hours (I cover mine). Blend in Vitamix with equal parts water (ie 2 cups cooked rice mixture with 2 cups water); adding sweetener of choice. Strain with nut milk bag or other cloth bag. Add cocoa powder or carob powder and mix well (could put it back into the VM if you wanted to make mixing easier).

I have been making 1 cup rice / 8 cups water. This makes a gallon of milk. It is very creamy so you could thin it more. My boys say it tastes like rice pudding. Yesterday I made a batch and did 1/2 C long grain brown rice; 1/2 C oat groats. I am sure you could use other grains to make a multi-grain milk.

Rena