RemedySpot.com

Re: Was Re: Ice cream ideas Now GMO

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Hybridization is the act or process of mating organisms of different varieties or species.

Here's how gene splicing works: (Source)

1) A piece of DNA from the target cell is removed

2) A strand of E. coli bacteria DNA is inserted in it's place. Cells are naturally resistant to gene splicing, (it doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure that out), so you actually need to "infect" the food cell with a bacteria in order for the gene splicing to take place

3) Because cells will try to eliminate bacteria, there is also a DNA strand of an antibiotic suppressor inserted. Pharmacists are cringing at this thought, especially since we are already in danger of becoming immune to many antibiotics! Injecting an "anti" antibiotic into our food can NOT lead to anything good!

4) Finally a piece of genetic code for the "round-up ready" trait is inserted. Methods of insertion include using a "gene gun" which injects all this DNA junk with little pieces of gold to help destroy the cell membranes.

5) The end product that is manufactured often is covered with tumors because of the bacterial infection that ensues.

6) Yay, now we have "food" that won't die when you put deadly chemicals and pesticides all over it in the field. Congratulations! Can't wait for dinner! (Read as sarcasm, please!) Source

Sent: Wednesday, March 14, 2012 11:31 PM

Subject: Re: Re: Ice cream ideas

How would that be different than any hybrid?Sent from my iPad

On Mar 14, 2012, at 11:13 PM, fradal@... wrote:

Well I guess those who worship the almighty dollar think they can!

Fran

In a message dated 3/14/2012 9:47:00 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time, dgulenchin@... writes:

I don't know why people need to fool around with GMOs - you cannot improve on GOD.Every living thing was created to be perfect the way they are.Dennis

> > From: berrywell@...> Date: Thu, 15 Mar 2012 00:08:14 +0000> Subject: Re: Ice cream ideas> > I also avoid GMO foods-I go to EXTREME lengths, due to my multiple food allergies (the GMO process often splices allergens in to non allergenic things, such as wheat proteins in to corn, etc-thus the dramatic rise in food allergies in the past decade) I don't think there is enough data NOT to avoid GMO foods. It CAN'T be a good idea to insert the DNA of one species of plant in to another. That to me is sort of like putting fish DNA in humans and expecting a good result. It is all a personal choice, of course, but I think anyone who has REALLY done their homework on the GMO thing will avoid them.> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > Just made this ice cream and it is great. Texture was like soft serve.> > The> > > xanthum gum really works!> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > >> > >> >> > > > > ------------------------------------> > Please bookmark these pages:> > /link s/ > (this is the Links page where I save the answers to FAQs and Answers, Recipes, and LOTS of other helpful information - this page is always being added to)> > /links/IMPORTANT__Membership__001327149393/> PLEASE DON'T UNSUBSCRIBE IF YOU ARE GETTING TOO MUCH MAIL! (if you unsubscribe, you will lose access to the Links page - an Encyclopedia of Collected Vitamix Wisdom! Go to this link to learn how to stop mail from coming, but STILL be a member of the group so you can STILL visit the Links page and read messages online!

Guest guest

Even though I know all of this and really appreciate the time you

took to write it, it just makes me cringe and say WHY would anyone

do this to a food supply. I realize that is not a question we can

answer as we are reasonable people,and apparently those who do it

are not. So make mine (rhetorical in nature).

Velda

On 3/15/2012 4:47 AM, Rose wrote:

Hybridization is the act or process of mating

organisms of different varieties or species.

Here's

how gene splicing works: (Source)

1) A piece

of DNA from the target cell is removed

2) A strand

of E. coli bacteria DNA is inserted in it's place. Cells

are naturally resistant to gene splicing, (it doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure

that out), so you actually need to "infect" the food cell

with a bacteria in order for the gene splicing to take place

3) Because

cells will try to eliminate bacteria, there is also a DNA

strand of an antibiotic suppressor inserted. Pharmacists

are cringing at this thought, especially since we are

already in danger of becoming immune to many antibiotics!

Injecting an "anti" antibiotic into our food can NOT lead to

anything good!

4) Finally a

piece of genetic code for the "round-up ready" trait is

inserted. Methods of insertion include using a "gene gun"

which injects all this DNA junk with little pieces of gold

to help destroy the cell membranes.

5) The end

product that is manufactured often is covered with tumors

because of the bacterial infection that ensues.

6) Yay, now we have

"food" that won't die when you put deadly chemicals

and pesticides all over it in the field.

Congratulations! Can't wait for dinner! (Read as sarcasm, please!) Source

Subject: Re: Re: Ice cream

ideas

How would that be different than any hybrid?

Sent from my iPad

Well I guess those who worship the almighty dollar

think they can!

Fran

In a message dated 3/14/2012 9:47:00 P.M. Eastern

Daylight Time, dgulenchin@...

writes:

I don't know why people need to

fool around with GMOs - you cannot improve on

GOD.

Every living thing was created to be perfect the

way they are.

Dennis

>

> From: berrywell@...

> Date: Thu, 15 Mar 2012 00:08:14 +0000

> Subject: Re: Ice

cream ideas

>

> I also avoid GMO foods-I go to EXTREME

lengths, due to my multiple food allergies

(the GMO process often splices allergens in to

non allergenic things, such as wheat proteins

in to corn, etc-thus the dramatic rise in food

allergies in the past decade) I don't think

there is enough data NOT to avoid GMO foods.

It CAN'T be a good idea to insert the DNA of

one species of plant in to another. That to me

is sort of like putting fish DNA in humans and

expecting a good result. It is all a personal

choice, of course, but I think anyone who has

REALLY done their homework on the GMO thing

will avoid them.

>

>

>

>

>

> > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > > > Just made this ice cream

and it is great. Texture was like soft serve.

> > The

> > > xanthum gum really works!

> > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > >

> >

>

>

>

>

> ------------------------------------

>

> Please bookmark these pages:

>

> /link

s/

> (this is the Links page where I save the

answers to FAQs and Answers, Recipes, and LOTS

of other helpful information - this page is

always being added to)

>

> /links/IMPORTANT__Membership__001327149393/

> PLEASE DON'T UNSUBSCRIBE IF YOU ARE

GETTING TOO MUCH MAIL! (if you unsubscribe,

you will lose access to the Links page - an

Encyclopedia of Collected Vitamix Wisdom! Go

to this link to learn how to stop mail from

coming, but STILL be a member of the group so

you can STILL visit the Links page and read

messages online!

Guest guest

We feel it is also important to not eat what has eaten GMOs as that is second hand GMOs to us. Check and ask as "organic" can mean lots of things and doesn't mean GMO free. Many health food stores (including Whole Foods) have mixed GMO policies. find out what simply isn't available non GMO any more and eat a substitute. Hard to believe what some people think is safe!

Thanks,My Favorite Video for My Little One!

On Mar 15, 2012, at 5:13 PM, Velda wrote:

Velda

Here's

1) A piece

2) A strand

are naturally resistant to gene splicing, (it doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure

3) Because

anything good!

4) Finally a

5) The end

6) Yay, now we have

ideas

Sent from my iPad

think they can!

Fran

writes:

GOD.

way they are.

Dennis

>

cream ideas

>

will avoid them.

>

>

>

>

>

> > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > The

> > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > >

> >

>

>

>

>

>

>

> /link

s/

always being added to)

>

messages online!

Guest guest

Here is a great back and forth article on this subject. I think all of you will like it because it contains enough discussion to support both sides of the issue but that is good because it shows me at least that this subject is not black and white. http://blogs.scientificamerican.com/science-sushi/2011/07/18/mythbusting-101-organic-farming-conventional-agriculture/ In one of the replies was a link to this residue consumption calculator that I thought was interesting.http://www.safefruitsandveggies.com/calculator/ Tom From: [mailto: ] On Behalf Of hai quanSent: Friday, March 16, 2012 1:01 AM Subject: Re: Was Re: Ice cream ideas Now GMO We feel it is also important to not eat what has eaten GMOs as that is second hand GMOs to us. Check and ask as " organic " can mean lots of things and doesn't mean GMO free. Many health food stores (including Whole Foods) have mixed GMO policies. find out what simply isn't available non GMO any more and eat a substitute. Hard to believe what some people think is safe!Thanks, My Favorite Video for My Little One!http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3n1faCCXbeM On Mar 15, 2012, at 5:13 PM, Velda wrote: Even though I know all of this and really appreciate the time you took to write it, it just makes me cringe and say WHY would anyone do this to a food supply. I realize that is not a question we can answer as we are reasonable people,and apparently those who do it are not. So make mine (rhetorical in nature).VeldaOn 3/15/2012 4:47 AM, Rose wrote: Hybridization is the act or process of mating organisms of different varieties or species. Here's how gene splicing works: (Source) 1) A piece of DNA from the target cell is removed 2) A strand of E. coli bacteria DNA is inserted in it's place. Cells are naturally resistant to gene splicing, (it doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure that out), so you actually need to " infect " the food cell with a bacteria in order for the gene splicing to take place 3) Because cells will try to eliminate bacteria, there is also a DNA strand of an antibiotic suppressor inserted. Pharmacists are cringing at this thought, especially since we are already in danger of becoming immune to many antibiotics! Injecting an " anti " antibiotic into our food can NOT lead to anything good! 4) Finally a piece of genetic code for the " round-up ready " trait is inserted. Methods of insertion include using a " gene gun " which injects all this DNA junk with little pieces of gold to help destroy the cell membranes. 5) The end product that is manufactured often is covered with tumors because of the bacterial infection that ensues. 6) Yay, now we have " food " that won't die when you put deadly chemicals and pesticides all over it in the field. Congratulations! Can't wait for dinner! (Read as sarcasm, please!) Source From: Terry Pogue Sent: Wednesday, March 14, 2012 11:31 PM Subject: Re: Re: Ice cream ideas How would that be different than any hybrid?Sent from my iPadOn Mar 14, 2012, at 11:13 PM, fradal@... wrote:Well I guess those who worship the almighty dollar think they can! Fran In a message dated 3/14/2012 9:47:00 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time, dgulenchin@... writes: I don't know why people need to fool around with GMOs - you cannot improve on GOD.Every living thing was created to be perfect the way they are.Dennis> > From: berrywell@...> Date: Thu, 15 Mar 2012 00:08:14 +0000> Subject: Re: Ice cream ideas> > I also avoid GMO foods-I go to EXTREME lengths, due to my multiple food allergies (the GMO process often splices allergens in to non allergenic things, such as wheat proteins in to corn, etc-thus the dramatic rise in food allergies in the past decade) I don't think there is enough data NOT to avoid GMO foods. It CAN'T be a good idea to insert the DNA of one species of plant in to another. That to me is sort of like putting fish DNA in humans and expecting a good result. It is all a personal choice, of course, but I think anyone who has REALLY done their homework on the GMO thing will avoid them.> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > Just made this ice cream and it is great. Texture was like soft serve.> > The> > > xanthum gum really works!> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > >> > >> >> > > > > ------------------------------------> > Please bookmark these pages:> > /link s/ > (this is the Links page where I save the answers to FAQs and Answers, Recipes, and LOTS of other helpful information - this page is always being added to)> > /links/IMPORTANT__Membership__001327149393/> PLEASE DON'T UNSUBSCRIBE IF YOU ARE GETTING TOO MUCH MAIL! (if you unsubscribe, you will lose access to the Links page - an Encyclopedia of Collected Vitamix Wisdom! Go to this link to learn how to stop mail from coming, but STILL be a member of the group so you can STILL visit the Links page and read messages online!

Guest guest

This is why I buy from local farmers who I can question about their farming practices as much as possible. It is also why as much as possible, we should try to grow our own food - every little bit helps!

Blessings,Lea Ann SavageSatellite Beach, FL(321) 773-7088 (home)(321-961-9219 (cell)))><'>www.VitamixLady.comwww..com<:)))><

On Mar 16, 2012, at 6:08 AM, Tom Matuschak wrote:

Here is a great back and forth article on this subject. I think all of you will like it because it contains enough discussion to support both sides of the issue but that is good because it shows me at least that this subject is not black and white. http://blogs.scientificamerican.com/science-sushi/2011/07/18/mythbusting-101-organic-farming-conventional-agriculture/ In one of the replies was a link to this residue consumption calculator that I thought was interesting.http://www.safefruitsandveggies.com/calculator/ Tom From: [mailto: ] On Behalf Of hai quanSent: Friday, March 16, 2012 1:01 AM Subject: Re: Was Re: Ice cream ideas Now GMO We feel it is also important to not eat what has eaten GMOs as that is second hand GMOs to us. Check and ask as "organic" can mean lots of things and doesn't mean GMO free. Many health food stores (including Whole Foods) have mixed GMO policies. find out what simply isn't available non GMO any more and eat a substitute. Hard to believe what some people think is safe!Thanks, My Favorite Video for My Little One!http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3n1faCCXbeM On Mar 15, 2012, at 5:13 PM, Velda wrote: Even though I know all of this and really appreciate the time you took to write it, it just makes me cringe and say WHY would anyone do this to a food supply. I realize that is not a question we can answer as we are reasonable people,and apparently those who do it are not. So make mine (rhetorical in nature).VeldaOn 3/15/2012 4:47 AM, Rose wrote: Hybridization is the act or process of mating organisms of different varieties or species. Here's how gene splicing works: (Source) 1) A piece of DNA from the target cell is removed 2) A strand of E. coli bacteria DNA is inserted in it's place. Cells are naturally resistant to gene splicing, (it doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure that out), so you actually need to "infect" the food cell with a bacteria in order for the gene splicing to take place 3) Because cells will try to eliminate bacteria, there is also a DNA strand of an antibiotic suppressor inserted. Pharmacists are cringing at this thought, especially since we are already in danger of becoming immune to many antibiotics! Injecting an "anti" antibiotic into our food can NOT lead to anything good! 4) Finally a piece of genetic code for the "round-up ready" trait is inserted. Methods of insertion include using a "gene gun" which injects all this DNA junk with little pieces of gold to help destroy the cell membranes. 5) The end product that is manufactured often is covered with tumors because of the bacterial infection that ensues. 6) Yay, now we have "food" that won't die when you put deadly chemicals and pesticides all over it in the field. Congratulations! Can't wait for dinner! (Read as sarcasm, please!) Source From: Terry Pogue Sent: Wednesday, March 14, 2012 11:31 PM Subject: Re: Re: Ice cream ideas How would that be different than any hybrid?Sent from my iPadOn Mar 14, 2012, at 11:13 PM, fradal@... wrote:Well I guess those who worship the almighty dollar think they can! Fran In a message dated 3/14/2012 9:47:00 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time, dgulenchin@... writes: I don't know why people need to fool around with GMOs - you cannot improve on GOD.Every living thing was created to be perfect the way they are.Dennis> > From: berrywell@...> Date: Thu, 15 Mar 2012 00:08:14 +0000> Subject: Re: Ice cream ideas> > I also avoid GMO foods-I go to EXTREME lengths, due to my multiple food allergies (the GMO process often splices allergens in to non allergenic things, such as wheat proteins in to corn, etc-thus the dramatic rise in food allergies in the past decade) I don't think there is enough data NOT to avoid GMO foods. It CAN'T be a good idea to insert the DNA of one species of plant in to another. That to me is sort of like putting fish DNA in humans and expecting a good result. It is all a personal choice, of course, but I think anyone who has REALLY done their homework on the GMO thing will avoid them.> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > Just made this ice cream and it is great. Texture was like soft serve.> > The> > > xanthum gum really works!> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > >> > >> >> > > > > ------------------------------------> > Please bookmark these pages:> > /link s/ > (this is the Links page where I save the answers to FAQs and Answers, Recipes, and LOTS of other helpful information - this page is always being added to)> > /links/IMPORTANT__Membership__001327149393/> PLEASE DON'T UNSUBSCRIBE IF YOU ARE GETTING TOO MUCH MAIL! (if you unsubscribe, you will lose access to the Links page - an Encyclopedia of Collected Vitamix Wisdom! Go to this link to learn how to stop mail from coming, but STILL be a member of the group so you can STILL visit the Links page and read messages online!

Guest guest

"Fun" Video on GMOs and one one the influence of food companies/seed companies etc. on FDA and other health authorities, dietitians and the media educating the public on nutrition "knowledge".https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nqz7Z9ixoQshttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SocLYd1dJkg

Thanks,My Favorite Video for My Little One!

On Mar 15, 2012, at 5:13 PM, Velda wrote:

Velda

Here's

1) A piece

2) A strand

3) Because

anything good!

4) Finally a

5) The end

6) Yay, now we have

ideas

Sent from my iPad

think they can!

Fran

writes:

GOD.

way they are.

Dennis

>

cream ideas

>

will avoid them.

>

>

>

>

>

> > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > The

> > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > >

> >

>

>

>

>

>

>

> /link

s/

always being added to)

>

messages online!

Guest guest

Help us make history and send one million comments to the FDA.We only

have 10 days to reach our goal.Please tell 5 friends to contact the FDA today. Just forward the email below!A friend of mine sent me the email below. It is our opportunity to tell the FDA

that we want to have our food labeled if genetically engineered. Please read and decide if you would like to join the petition. Thank you, L. Dear Pam,It's make it or

break it time. We have just 10 days to reach our goal of sending a record-breaking ONE MILLION comments to the FDA in support of labeling genetically engineered foods. We only need 12,500 more people to send comments to the FDA to meet our goal and we need your help.There's only 10 days until the FDA's "due date" to respond publicly to the petition calling for GMO labeling – and every comment is a statement that Americans care about what's in their food.With our one million comments we will be making history: This will set a new record!But we need your help in this race to the finish line. Please forward the email below to friends, family members, and colleagues and ask them to join you in contacting the FDA.We all have a right to know whether our food has been genetically engineered so we can make informed decisions about what we eat or feed our families. In fact, against the backdrop of a deeply divided nation, polls show that more

than 92 Dear friend,The Food and Drug Administration (FDA) is preparing to approve genetically engineered salmon, which would be the first genetically engineered animal on supermarket shelves in the United States. The salmon is engineered to produce hormones year-round that cause the fish to grow at twice its natural rate. But without labels, we'll never know.We need to speak out now, because there's just 10 more days until the FDA must respond publicly to a petition

calling for labeling of genetically engineered foods -- and we need to make sure the FDA knows how ordinary Americans feel about this issue before that deadline.That's why I submitted a comment to the FDA demanding that genetically engineered foods be labeled. And in about 30 seconds and with just a few clicks, you can join me. Will you tell the FDA that you support mandatory labeling of genetically engineered foods too?http://www.JustLabelIt.org/take-action?track=tafPlease, click on that link and contact the FDA today. They need to hear from more people like you and me.Thanks!– Pam From: Lea Ann Savage <lsavage@...> Sent: Friday, March 16, 2012 6:38 AM Subject: Re: Was Re: Ice cream ideas Now GMO

This is why I buy from local farmers who I can question about their farming practices as much as possible. It is also why as much as possible, we should try to grow our own food - every little bit helps!

Blessings,Lea Ann SavageSatellite Beach, FL(321) 773-7088 (home)(321-961-9219 (cell)))><'>www.VitamixLady.comwww..com<:)))><

On Mar 16, 2012, at 6:08 AM, Tom Matuschak wrote:

Here is a great back and forth article on this subject. I think all of you will like it because it contains enough discussion to support both sides of the issue but that is good because it shows me at least that this subject is not black and white. http://blogs.scientificamerican.com/science-sushi/2011/07/18/mythbusting-101-organic-farming-conventional-agriculture/ In one of the replies was a link to this

residue consumption calculator that I thought was interesting.http://www.safefruitsandveggies.com/calculator/ Tom From: [mailto: ] On Behalf Of hai quanSent: Friday, March 16, 2012 1:01 AM Subject: Re: Was Re: Ice cream ideas Now GMO We feel it is also important to not eat what has eaten GMOs as that is second hand GMOs to us. Check and ask as "organic" can mean lots of things and doesn't mean GMO free. Many health food stores (including Whole Foods) have mixed GMO

policies. find out what simply isn't available non GMO any more and eat a substitute. Hard to believe what some people think is safe!Thanks, My Favorite Video for My Little One!

On Mar 15, 2012, at 5:13 PM, Velda

wrote: Even though I know all of this and really appreciate the time you took to write it, it just makes me cringe and say WHY would anyone do this to a food supply. I realize that is not a question we can answer as we are reasonable people,and apparently those who do it are not. So make mine (rhetorical in nature).VeldaOn 3/15/2012 4:47 AM, Rose wrote: Hybridization is the act or process of mating organisms of different varieties or species. Here's how gene splicing works: (Source) 1) A piece of DNA from the target cell is removed 2) A strand of E. coli bacteria DNA is inserted in it's place. Cells are naturally resistant to gene splicing, (it doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure that out), so you actually need to "infect" the food cell with a bacteria in order for the gene splicing to take place 3) Because cells will try to eliminate bacteria, there is also a DNA strand of an antibiotic suppressor inserted. Pharmacists are cringing at this thought, especially since we are already in danger of

becoming immune to many antibiotics! Injecting an "anti" antibiotic into our food can NOT lead to anything good! 4) Finally a piece of genetic code for the "round-up ready" trait is inserted. Methods of insertion include using a "gene gun" which injects all this DNA junk with little pieces of gold to help destroy the cell membranes. 5) The end product that is manufactured

often is covered with tumors because of the bacterial infection that ensues. 6) Yay, now we have "food" that won't die when you put deadly chemicals and pesticides all over it in the field. Congratulations! Can't wait for dinner! (Read as sarcasm, please!) Source From: Terry Pogue Sent: Wednesday, March 14,

2012 11:31 PM Subject: Re: Re: Ice cream ideas How would that be different than any hybrid?Sent from my iPadOn Mar 14, 2012, at 11:13 PM, fradal@... wrote:Well I guess those who worship the almighty dollar think they can! Fran In a message dated 3/14/2012 9:47:00 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time, dgulenchin@... writes: I don't know why people need to fool around with GMOs - you cannot improve on GOD.Every living thing was created to be perfect the way they are.Dennis> > From: berrywell@...> Date: Thu, 15 Mar 2012 00:08:14 +0000> Subject: Re: Ice cream ideas> > I also avoid GMO foods-I go to EXTREME lengths, due to my multiple food allergies (the GMO process often splices allergens in to non allergenic things, such as wheat proteins in to corn, etc-thus the dramatic rise in food allergies in the past decade) I don't think there is enough data NOT to avoid GMO foods. It CAN'T be a good idea to insert the DNA of one species of plant in to another. That to me is sort of like putting fish DNA in

humans and expecting a good result. It is all a personal choice, of course, but I think anyone who has REALLY done their homework on the GMO thing will avoid them.> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > Just made this ice cream and it is great. Texture was like soft serve.> > The> > > xanthum gum really works!> > > > > > > > > > > > > >

> >> > >> >> > > > > ------------------------------------> > Please bookmark these pages:> > /link s/ > (this is the Links page where I save the answers to FAQs and Answers, Recipes, and LOTS of other helpful information - this page is always being added to)> > /links/IMPORTANT__Membership__001327149393/> PLEASE DON'T UNSUBSCRIBE IF YOU ARE GETTING TOO MUCH MAIL! (if you unsubscribe, you will lose access to the Links page - an Encyclopedia of

Collected Vitamix Wisdom! Go to this link to learn how to stop mail from coming, but STILL be a member of the group so you can STILL visit the Links page and read messages online!