RemedySpot.com

RE: Re: Substituting bananas in smoothies & ice cream for kids 

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

There is nothing etched in stone on making smoothies.  If you don't like bananas use something else you like or use only a piece of a banana.  I like bananas myself but I usually only put a half of a banana in a smoothie for that reason.  I eat the other half. Tom From: [mailto: ] On Behalf Of drunkendebbieninjamasterSent: Monday, March 26, 2012 6:17 PM Subject: Re: Substituting bananas in smoothies & ice cream for kids I too find that with bananas in smoothies. Give me a banana to eat and I'm fine. But put it in a smoothie and I find it very overpowering. I've found adding a small amount of avocado gives a creamy texture and doesn't affect the taste at all. Maybe that could replace the banana?Debbie>> I have a 6 year old son who doesn't like one veggie & only a few fruits. Do you see why I felt I needed a Vitamix, lol Anyway I've tried making him green smoothies & the minute he tastes them he can tell there is banana. This is one fruit he can taste in anything. I know adding bananas create a smooth texture. Any suggestions on what I could use instead of the bananas? On a positive note I can get my son to eat veggies in breads or cakes. His favorite is Pumpin pie or pumpkin cookies along with carrot cake. The fruits I can get him to eat are oranges, apples (red) & recently grapes. Any suggestions on getting some green smoothies in my baby boy :) > Thanks- le>