RemedySpot.com

Re: coconut butter & oil / successful sort of

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

My Vitamix is doing well:)

I used 1 pkg of Let's Do Organic 100% Organic Coconut Flakes 3 1/2 cups. (used

the 64 oz container) Got a little nevous because it wasn't smooth and I was able

to see the blades, so I stopped it and added maybe a teaspoon of Coconut oil.

Turned back on and it got smooth. Tasted it and I added a little liquid Stevia.

Turned it back on for a second or 2. Poured it into a glass backing dish and I

really did not care for the taste. So, I made it a little bit unhealthy ....

mixed in some hershey's syrup special dark. It is in the fridge now setting up.

Cleaning the container took a litte more time than usual because it got a little

cloudy. But I used a brush and then a rinse with White Vinegar and water and it

looks fine again.

>

> Hi all. I was wondering how to get my coconut oil to liqufy without cooking

it. i was planning to try to make coconutbutter this weekend. Thanks

>

Guest guest

Hello!The easiest way to make coconut butter is to start with 5-6 cups of coconut flakes (it reduces so much that you need to start with enough in the beginning that you have enough to cover the blades after it reduces). Ending up with 3 cups of coconut butter is a good amount to cover the blades.

Blessings,Lea Ann SavageSatellite Beach, FL(321) 773-7088 (home)(321-961-9219 (cell)))><'>www.VitamixLady.comwww..com<:)))><

On Mar 24, 2012, at 2:46 PM, sparky_89_99@... wrote:

My Vitamix is doing well:)

I used 1 pkg of Let's Do Organic 100% Organic Coconut Flakes 3 1/2 cups. (used the 64 oz container) Got a little nevous because it wasn't smooth and I was able to see the blades, so I stopped it and added maybe a teaspoon of Coconut oil. Turned back on and it got smooth. Tasted it and I added a little liquid Stevia. Turned it back on for a second or 2. Poured it into a glass backing dish and I really did not care for the taste. So, I made it a little bit unhealthy .... mixed in some hershey's syrup special dark. It is in the fridge now setting up.

Cleaning the container took a litte more time than usual because it got a little cloudy. But I used a brush and then a rinse with White Vinegar and water and it looks fine again.

>

> Hi all. I was wondering how to get my coconut oil to liqufy without cooking it. i was planning to try to make coconutbutter this weekend. Thanks

>

Guest guest

Hello Lea Ann:

I have a question about my final result and I am not sure if the reason for this

is because I only used 3 1/2 cups of the flakes or if that is the way it is

supposed to taste?

I actually never tasted coconut butter before this attempt in my vitamix. I love

coconut and thought this would be good. Straight out of the vitamix , I did not

care for the taste. However, my end result tastes chalky after adding chocolate

and refrigerating. My husband said it tastes like Halluvah. I have never tasted

that either so I still do not know. I am just wondering if all coconut butter is

supposed to be sort of chalky? ( I realize this sound silly but I really do not

know.)

Thanks again

> >

> > Hi all. I was wondering how to get my coconut oil to liqufy without cooking

it. i was planning to try to make coconutbutter this weekend. Thanks

> >

>

Guest guest

Hello Debora,The first time I tasted coconut butter was from a jar of Artisana Coconut Butter. http://www.artisanafoods.com/products/coconut-butterThen when I tried to make it I knew that what I made tasted like theirs. That might be a good way to know what commercial coconut butter tastes like. If you like it, you will know if yours tastes the same by comparison?

Blessings,Lea Ann SavageSatellite Beach, FL(321) 773-7088 (home)(321-961-9219 (cell)))><'>www.VitamixLady.comwww..com<:)))><

On Mar 25, 2012, at 10:14 AM, sparky_89_99@... wrote:

Hello Lea Ann:

I have a question about my final result and I am not sure if the reason for this is because I only used 3 1/2 cups of the flakes or if that is the way it is supposed to taste?

I actually never tasted coconut butter before this attempt in my vitamix. I love coconut and thought this would be good. Straight out of the vitamix , I did not care for the taste. However, my end result tastes chalky after adding chocolate and refrigerating. My husband said it tastes like Halluvah. I have never tasted that either so I still do not know. I am just wondering if all coconut butter is supposed to be sort of chalky? ( I realize this sound silly but I really do not know.)

Thanks again

> >

> > Hi all. I was wondering how to get my coconut oil to liqufy without cooking it. i was planning to try to make coconutbutter this weekend. Thanks

> >

>

Guest guest

Good point, thought about that yesterday too. I just ordered it.

> > >

> > > Hi all. I was wondering how to get my coconut oil to liqufy without

cooking it. i was planning to try to make coconutbutter this weekend. Thanks

> > >

> >

>