RemedySpot.com

Sorbet

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

I have used strawberries for this ice cream and plan on doing some cherry ice cream.Of course these fruits don't have to be cooked first and refrozen like pineapple.I'm sure you could use that little bit of any kind of liquid. It wouldn't have to be heavy cream.I used one package of Dole Frozen Pineapple Chunks. Yesterday I put the contents of the bag in a small pot with the lid on and the heat very low. (no water or anything added) I must have cooked it for about 15 or 20 minutes after they thawed. Then put the pineapple chunks on parchment covered sheet pan in the freezer.Today. On to the ice cream/In the Vitamix I put coconut syrup, just enough to cover the bottom plus a little. Then I added what was probably 3 T of heavy cream. No sugar. I figured the pineapple was sweet eough. Enough of the coconut syrup/heavy cream to come up to just under the blade. Added 1/2 teaspoon of Xanthan Gum and gave it a twirl to mix it all. Then added the frozen pineapple pieces. Turned the machine on high and used the plunger to whack all the corners down until it made that gear noise that tells me it's ice cream. I added a slurp of dark rum and gave it another whirl.It's beyond delicious.Sent from my iPadHD