RemedySpot.com

Re: coconut butter oil

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

You don't need liquid coconut oil to make the coconut butter. If your coconut flakes are oily - you might not need to add any coconut oil. If you are blending for a while and you can't seem to make coconut butter, you can add spoons full of hard coconut oil - it melts quickly enough when being mixed with the coconut butter and the blades - the friction heat melts it.Coconut oil will liquify at 76. A very low heat on the stove (or just heat up the pan and drop in a spoon full of coconut oil) will liquify it without "cooking" it :-) Also, I have run the jar of coconut oil under hot water and poured off the melted oil from the sides - repeat as often as necessary to get the amount of oil you need!

Blessings,Lea Ann SavageSatellite Beach, FL(321) 773-7088 (home)(321-961-9219 (cell)))><'>www.VitamixLady.comwww..com<:)))><

On Mar 22, 2012, at 7:02 AM, sparky_89_99@... wrote:

Hi all. I was wondering how to get my coconut oil to liqufy without cooking it. i was planning to try to make coconutbutter this weekend. Thanks

Guest guest

I took delivery on some syrups yesterday including some coconut syrup to try in

espumas. I've never had coconut oil except the Palm Oil (Dende Oil) which is

very orange. It's used in Brazil, primarily Bahia, for cooking and imparts a

very distinctive flavor.

Terry

Sent from my iPadHD

On Mar 22, 2012, at 7:02 AM, sparky_89_99@... wrote:

> Hi all. I was wondering how to get my coconut oil to liqufy without cooking

it. i was planning to try to make coconutbutter this weekend. Thanks

>

>

>

> ------------------------------------

>

> Please bookmark these pages:

>

> /links/

> (this is the Links page where I save the answers to FAQs and Answers, Recipes,

and LOTS of other helpful information - this page is always being added to)

>

>

/links/IMPORTANT_VitamixE\

nthusiasts_Membership__001327149393/

> PLEASE DON'T UNSUBSCRIBE IF YOU ARE GETTING TOO MUCH MAIL! (if you

unsubscribe, you will lose access to the Links page - an Encyclopedia of

Collected Vitamix Wisdom! Go to this link to learn how to stop mail from

coming, but STILL be a member of the group so you can STILL visit the Links page

and read messages online!

Guest guest

Ok. Thx never made any butter and want to make sure I had oil to use. I am so

nervous about ruining my vitamix.

>

> Hi all. I was wondering how to get my coconut oil to liqufy without cooking

it. i was planning to try to make coconutbutter this weekend. Thanks

>

Guest guest

As long as you blend on high - have no worries! You could fill the container to the top with coconut flakes, and not have too much for the machine to handle. (Coconut Flakes shrink down quite a bit as they turn from flakes to butter…)Whenever the machine is on any of the Variable speeds, there is no fan cooling the motor, so be sure that you flip the switch to high and use your tamper liberally, and you should be good to go!

Blessings,Lea Ann SavageSatellite Beach, FL(321) 773-7088 (home)(321-961-9219 (cell)))><'>www.VitamixLady.comwww..com<:)))><

On Mar 22, 2012, at 4:20 PM, sparky_89_99@... wrote:

Ok. Thx never made any butter and want to make sure I had oil to use. I am so nervous about ruining my vitamix.

>

> Hi all. I was wondering how to get my coconut oil to liqufy without cooking it. i was planning to try to make coconutbutter this weekend. Thanks

>

Guest guest

I would be concerned about breaking the Vitamix but my local health food store has a dedicated nut butter machine. Actually they have two one for peanuts and the other for almonds. The peanut butter is $2.99 per pound and I can't buy the nuts by themselves for that price so I use their machine. Tom From: [mailto: ] On Behalf Of sparky_89_99@...Sent: Thursday, March 22, 2012 4:20 PM Subject: Re: coconut butter oil Ok. Thx never made any butter and want to make sure I had oil to use. I am so nervous about ruining my vitamix. > > Hi all. I was wondering how to get my coconut oil to liqufy without cooking it. i was planning to try to make coconutbutter this weekend. Thanks>

Guest guest

The Vitamix can handle nut butters easily.I make them ALL OF THE TIME for my 2 teens and one 10 year old boy.I like knowing that the nuts I put in my nut butters are fresh. I like Deluxe Mixed Nut Butter (no peanuts), Roasted Almond Butter, and Almond/Pecan Butter (I roast my own). I make Almond/Peanut Butter for the boys. Sometimes I toss sunflower, pistachio, or roasted pumpkin seeds in with either peanuts or almonds. And of course, there is my husband's favorite - Cashew Butter…Personally, I don't add flax seeds because flax turns rancid So Quickly.

On Mar 22, 2012, at 5:01 PM, Tom Matuschak wrote:

I would be concerned about breaking the Vitamix but my local health food store has a dedicated nut butter machine. Actually they have two one for peanuts and the other for almonds. The peanut butter is $2.99 per pound and I can't buy the nuts by themselves for that price so I use their machine. Tom From: [mailto: ] On Behalf Of sparky_89_99@...Sent: Thursday, March 22, 2012 4:20 PM Subject: Re: coconut butter oil Ok. Thx never made any butter and want to make sure I had oil to use. I am so nervous about ruining my vitamix. > > Hi all. I was wondering how to get my coconut oil to liqufy without cooking it. i was planning to try to make coconutbutter this weekend. Thanks>

Guest guest

I buy the 5 lb bag of peanuts in the shell for $5.99 and shell them. I weighed

them after the shell was removed and they were around $1.50 per lb or so.

Cheaper than the ones in the bulk bin and sometimes it's fun to have them in the

shell for a snack.

Michele

> >

> > Hi all. I was wondering how to get my coconut oil to liqufy without

> cooking it. i was planning to try to make coconutbutter this weekend. Thanks

> >

>

Guest guest

I can't stop myself from eating either pistachios or peanuts if I am shelling them. I have no self-control. No self-control at all…

On Mar 22, 2012, at 7:30 PM, chele519 wrote:

I buy the 5 lb bag of peanuts in the shell for $5.99 and shell them. I weighed them after the shell was removed and they were around $1.50 per lb or so. Cheaper than the ones in the bulk bin and sometimes it's fun to have them in the shell for a snack.

Michele

> >

> > Hi all. I was wondering how to get my coconut oil to liqufy without

> cooking it. i was planning to try to make coconutbutter this weekend. Thanks

> >

>

Guest guest

Oh that's a whole other list....HA!JaneOn Mar 22, 2012, at 9:52 PM, Lea Ann Savage wrote:

I can't stop myself from eating either pistachios or peanuts if I am shelling them. I have no self-control. No self-control at all…

Guest guest

LOL - that is true. There should be a 12-step program for me…

On Mar 22, 2012, at 9:54 PM, Jane Edenfield wrote:

Oh that's a whole other list....HA!JaneOn Mar 22, 2012, at 9:52 PM, Lea Ann Savage wrote:

Guest guest

That is an interesting idea. I am not sure I would have the patients for that but I don't eat a lot of nut butter so making it at the store works great for me. I only make a 1/2 pound at a time and that lasts a week or so. This health food grocery store has been in our area for over 20 years and is at a location I normally frequent. I don't have to clean anything is another plus. Tom From: [mailto: ] On Behalf Of chele519Sent: Thursday, March 22, 2012 7:31 PM Subject: Re: coconut butter oil I buy the 5 lb bag of peanuts in the shell for $5.99 and shell them. I weighed them after the shell was removed and they were around $1.50 per lb or so. Cheaper than the ones in the bulk bin and sometimes it's fun to have them in the shell for a snack. Michele> > > > Hi all. I was wondering how to get my coconut oil to liqufy without> cooking it. i was planning to try to make coconutbutter this weekend. Thanks> >>

Guest guest

Ah, but the "clean out the container" recipes are the BEST part of making nut butter at our house :-)

On Mar 23, 2012, at 4:02 AM, Tom Matuschak wrote:

That is an interesting idea. I am not sure I would have the patients for that but I don't eat a lot of nut butter so making it at the store works great for me. I only make a 1/2 pound at a time and that lasts a week or so. This health food grocery store has been in our area for over 20 years and is at a location I normally frequent. I don't have to clean anything is another plus. Tom

Guest guest

Do you have to use oil or can you just throw the roasted nuts in by themselves?

The Vitamix can handle nut butters easily.

I make them ALL OF THE TIME for my 2 teens and one 10 year old boy.

I like knowing that the nuts I put in my nut butters are fresh. I like Deluxe Mixed Nut Butter (no peanuts), Roasted Almond Butter, and Almond/Pecan Butter (I roast my own). I make Almond/Peanut Butter for the boys. Sometimes I toss sunflower, pistachio, or roasted pumpkin seeds in with either peanuts or almonds. And of course, there is my husband's favorite - Cashew Butter…

Personally, I don't add flax seeds because flax turns rancid So Quickly.

I would be concerned about breaking the Vitamix but my local health food store has a dedicated nut butter machine. Actually they have two one for peanuts and the other for almonds. The peanut butter is $2.99 per pound and I can't buy the nuts by themselves for that price so I use their machine.

Tom

From: [mailto: ] On Behalf Of sparky_89_99@...Sent: Thursday, March 22, 2012 4:20 PM Subject: Re: coconut butter oil

Ok. Thx never made any butter and want to make sure I had oil to use. I am so nervous about ruining my vitamix. > > Hi all. I was wondering how to get my coconut oil to liqufy without cooking it. i was planning to try to make coconutbutter this weekend. Thanks>

Guest guest

I've found that as long as the nuts are roasted, I don't have any problem making nut butters from any nuts. Natural Almonds are difficult to turn into nut butter without adding almond oil…Check out the link on How To Make Nut Butters :-)

On Mar 24, 2012, at 2:06 PM, Vicki wrote:

Do you have to use oil or can you just throw the roasted nuts in by themselves?

The Vitamix can handle nut butters easily.

I make them ALL OF THE TIME for my 2 teens and one 10 year old boy.

I like knowing that the nuts I put in my nut butters are fresh. I like Deluxe Mixed Nut Butter (no peanuts), Roasted Almond Butter, and Almond/Pecan Butter (I roast my own). I make Almond/Peanut Butter for the boys. Sometimes I toss sunflower, pistachio, or roasted pumpkin seeds in with either peanuts or almonds. And of course, there is my husband's favorite - Cashew Butter…

Personally, I don't add flax seeds because flax turns rancid So Quickly.

I would be concerned about breaking the Vitamix but my local health food store has a dedicated nut butter machine. Actually they have two one for peanuts and the other for almonds. The peanut butter is $2.99 per pound and I can't buy the nuts by themselves for that price so I use their machine.Tom

From: [mailto: ] On Behalf Of sparky_89_99@...Sent: Thursday, March 22, 2012 4:20 PM Subject: Re: coconut butter oil

Ok. Thx never made any butter and want to make sure I had oil to use. I am so nervous about ruining my vitamix. > > Hi all. I was wondering how to get my coconut oil to liqufy without cooking it. i was planning to try to make coconutbutter this weekend. Thanks>