RemedySpot.com

Re: Catalina Dressing - First Try

Rate this topic

Guest guest

OK, just finished making this, using what I had on hand. It's good and will make again, probably tweaking a bit. Just remembered a jar of roasted red peppers in fridge, might add some of those. I did not have cashews, but I don't think it really needs it. It's not exactly like Catilina, but considering it's way more healthy, the taste is close enough. Copied below is Lee Ann's " healthified " recipe with my one changes noted in italics.

Carol K

> Lee Ann wrote: This is how I would adapt this recipe to make it healthier....If anyone tries this - please let me know how YOU adapted it, and how it turns out. :-)>>Catilina Dressing> 1/2 cup of dates (with just enough water to cover them) left to soak for an hour or so, with 8 drops of Whole Leaf Liquid Stevia added to the soak water) I used about 5 dates, no stevia and it was plenty sweet. Would probably cut back to 2 or 3 dates or just Stevia next time.> 2 teaspoons of Sea salt> 1 dash paprika I used about 1/2 teas of smoky paprika> 1/2 teaspoon chili powder> 1/2 teaspoon celery seed I used a few celery tops> 1/2 teaspoon dry mustard> thin slice of raw, sweet onion, or 1/4 of onion sautéed> 1/2 cup of ACV (apple cider vinegar) OR I'd be tempted to try just under 1/2 cup of lemon juice Used about 3/4 cup or so of a good, homemade Kombucha Tea> 1 cup of sun dried tomatoes in olive oil I used roma tomato slices that I had dried in the Excaliber, reconstituted> 1 red bell pepper (optional, but I'd toss it in there as an experiment, I love the sweet taste of red bell pepper) I threw in a couple slices of red pepper.> 3/4 cup cold pressed, virgin olive oil