RemedySpot.com

OT - Kefir whey as hair conditioner

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

I used the whey this morning on my hair.  I shampooed as usual, poured the whey over my hair, rubbed it in a little then rinsed.  I liked the way my hair felt and styled.  BUT - I kept smelling sour milk all day! Is this to be expected or should I have shampooed AFTER using the whey?  TIA!

RenaIf God brings you to it, He will bring you through it.Happy moments, praise God.

Difficult moments, seek God. Quiet moments, worship God. Painful moments, trust God. Every moment, thank God.

Guest guest

LOL, I should have mentioned that it may leave you smelling like of Sunnybrook Farms! You can overcome that by putting in a drop or two of essential oil-Rose and Lavender are nice, or lemon oil!Sent from my iPadOn Mar 19, 2012, at 9:43 PM, Rena Glubay <jp17aday@...> wrote:

I used the whey this morning on my hair. I shampooed as usual, poured the whey over my hair, rubbed it in a little then rinsed. I liked the way my hair felt and styled. BUT - I kept smelling sour milk all day! Is this to be expected or should I have shampooed AFTER using the whey? TIA!

RenaIf God brings you to it, He will bring you through it.Happy moments, praise God.

Difficult moments, seek God. Quiet moments, worship God. Painful moments, trust God. Every moment, thank God.

=

Guest guest

I didn't have any distinct amount of whey in the batch I just filtered.  I am still trying to figure this whole thing out - LOL!  The batch I filtered out last night had about 1/3 of the jar as whey.  If I ever end up with having whey in every batch, would I use it daily on my hair or is that too much.  I did find a store that had gallon jugs of organic pasturized milk so I have that now to use.  I started another batch tonight.  Used some of the kefir this morning in our green smoothie.  Couldn't really taste it but it did make it creamier.

I made some cornbread tonight and the recipe calls for buttermilk.  Can you substitute kefir for buttermilk (mine anyway because it is very thin)?Rena

If God brings you to it, He will bring you through it.Happy moments, praise God. Difficult moments, seek God. Quiet moments, worship God. Painful moments, trust God. Every moment, thank God.

On Mon, Mar 19, 2012 at 9:10 PM, Berry <berrywell@...> wrote:

LOL, I should have mentioned that it may leave you smelling like of Sunnybrook Farms!  You can overcome that by putting in a drop or two of essential oil-Rose and Lavender are nice, or lemon oil!

Sent from my iPadOn Mar 19, 2012, at 9:43 PM, Rena Glubay <jp17aday@...> wrote:

I used the whey this morning on my hair.  I shampooed as usual, poured the whey over my hair, rubbed it in a little then rinsed.  I liked the way my hair felt and styled.  BUT - I kept smelling sour milk all day! Is this to be expected or should I have shampooed AFTER using the whey?  TIA!

RenaIf God brings you to it, He will bring you through it.Happy moments, praise God.

Difficult moments, seek God. Quiet moments, worship God. Painful moments, trust God. Every moment, thank God.

=

Guest guest

Yes, you can sub it. Just use a tiny bit less than the liquid called for, since it will absorb more since it is not as thick.Sent from my iPadOn Mar 19, 2012, at 11:51 PM, Rena Glubay <jp17aday@...> wrote:

I didn't have any distinct amount of whey in the batch I just filtered. I am still trying to figure this whole thing out - LOL! The batch I filtered out last night had about 1/3 of the jar as whey. If I ever end up with having whey in every batch, would I use it daily on my hair or is that too much. I did find a store that had gallon jugs of organic pasturized milk so I have that now to use. I started another batch tonight. Used some of the kefir this morning in our green smoothie. Couldn't really taste it but it did make it creamier.

I made some cornbread tonight and the recipe calls for buttermilk. Can you substitute kefir for buttermilk (mine anyway because it is very thin)?Rena

If God brings you to it, He will bring you through it.Happy moments, praise God. Difficult moments, seek God. Quiet moments, worship God. Painful moments, trust God. Every moment, thank God.

On Mon, Mar 19, 2012 at 9:10 PM, Berry <berrywell@...> wrote:

LOL, I should have mentioned that it may leave you smelling like of Sunnybrook Farms! You can overcome that by putting in a drop or two of essential oil-Rose and Lavender are nice, or lemon oil!

Sent from my iPadOn Mar 19, 2012, at 9:43 PM, Rena Glubay <jp17aday@...> wrote:

I used the whey this morning on my hair. I shampooed as usual, poured the whey over my hair, rubbed it in a little then rinsed. I liked the way my hair felt and styled. BUT - I kept smelling sour milk all day! Is this to be expected or should I have shampooed AFTER using the whey? TIA!

RenaIf God brings you to it, He will bring you through it.Happy moments, praise God.

Difficult moments, seek God. Quiet moments, worship God. Painful moments, trust God. Every moment, thank God.

=

=