RemedySpot.com

Subject Line

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

geesh all i need is 1 more thing to remember,got it i think but jus in case could you repeat that in 7 days,lol

How low will we go? Check out Messenger’s low PC-to-Phone call rates.

• 5 years later...

Hi everyone!

I wanted to suggest an idea to help keep the e-mail from overwhelming all of us.

If you want to reply to a person about something that is not related to the

topic, how about e-mailing that person directly?

This way when an e-mail arrives in the inbox we will know the subject line has

to do with this topic and not a side subject.

thanks!

In my opinion, it would be nice if OT conversations were moved to the OT group.

I do not receive individual emails; I am subscribed to the digest format, so the

delete key doesn't really " come in handy " for me as I can't just delete an email

that I feel is irrelevant. Unfortunately, I find that as posts drift

off-subject there are some digests I receive that for me contain almost nothing

of interest.

I don't expect subjects to never go OT, that's not realistic, but some topics go

so far afield for so long, and so many posts are not snipped, it just becomes a

chaotic jumble that I have neither the time nor inclination to sort through.

I understand that there are many things that are fun to share, but it would be

nice if those conversations that have nothing at all to do with the Vitamix were

shared in the OT group.

Jane

>

>

> We are typically pretty good on here about moving a topic to the OT group when

it starts going too far, but inevitably, ANY group is going to be OT now and

then-and most of us on here (and with the convo yesterday) are good about

changing the subject line to reflect that it is OT. Sometimes it starts out

relevent to the group, and only slightly OT, but then goes further. I dont

thinkit is reasonable on ANY group to expect it to never go OT, so the delete

key comes in handy. Just like THIS topic-it is OT, not relevent to Vitamixing,

but certainly relevent to the group, so I think we all might need to be just a

little more tolerant. I was the guilty party yesterday with the OT, and was

about to move it to the OT group when it got out of hand, so my apoligies, but

overall, I think we are typically right on track here.

>

>

>

OT needs to be at the beginning of the subject line, as if it is at the end, it doesn't show on many people's computers. From: sjc <indexer@...> Sent: Thursday, February 23, 2012 10:07 AM Subject: Re: Subject Line

On 2/23/2012 9:43 AM, rufuny wrote:

> something that is not related to the topic, how about e-mailing that person directly?

Mailing that person directly cuts out any other person following the

subject line, and they may be many.

That interchange yesterday was clearly marked OT in the subject line, so

those not interested need not follow it. The "OT", "off topic" is used

for those marginal subjects. Delete if not wanted.

Related to the topic yesterday I have 7 emails here that came directly

to me with questions/wanting more information, so one hates to cut out

people looking for information and most folks have fairly good sense (at

least on this list) about moving into direct email.

So if you don't want to follow a quasi-applicable subject (or any other

subject) and the subject line remains the same or includes "OT" just

happily delete away.

When I first started using mailing lists I was afraid I would miss

something and rarely deleted anything without reading it but those days

are long gone. Now I without regret sort posts in my reader according

to subject line and delete in one fell swoop all those I'm not following.

I agree. Today's mail is a nice change back to normal - thanks!Wwe all expect a little drifting but not numerous messages back and forth that have nothing to do with anything remotely related. to Vitamix or health. Ginny From: janeaustinedwards <janeedwards1@...> Sent: Thursday, February 23, 2012 4:23 PM Subject: Re: Subject Line

I do not receive individual emails; I am subscribed to the digest format, so the delete key doesn't really "come in handy" for me as I can't just delete an email that I feel is irrelevant. Unfortunately, I find that as posts drift off-subject there are some digests I receive that for me contain almost nothing of interest.

I don't expect subjects to never go OT, that's not realistic, but some topics go so far afield for so long, and so many posts are not snipped, it just becomes a chaotic jumble that I have neither the time nor inclination to sort through.

I understand that there are many things that are fun to share, but it would be nice if those conversations that have nothing at all to do with the Vitamix were shared in the OT group.

Jane

>

>

> We are typically pretty good on here about moving a topic to the OT group when it starts going too far, but inevitably, ANY group is going to be OT now and then-and most of us on here (and with the convo yesterday) are good about changing the subject line to reflect that it is OT. Sometimes it starts out relevent to the group, and only slightly OT, but then goes further. I dont thinkit is reasonable on ANY group to expect it to never go OT, so the delete key comes in handy. Just like THIS topic-it is OT, not relevent to Vitamixing, but certainly relevent to the group, so I think we all might need to be just a little more tolerant. I was the guilty party yesterday with the OT, and was about to move it to the OT group when it got out of hand, so my apoligies, but overall, I think we are typically right on track here.

>

>

>

if you dont want to get an email every time, I think you can go to the group settings and choose to get a daily digest, a single email that has everything in one message.On Thu, Feb 23, 2012 at 6:24 PM, Ginny Welton <ginbit@...> wrote:

I agree.  Today's mail is a nice change back to normal  - thanks!Wwe all expect a little drifting but not numerous messages back and forth that have nothing to do with anything remotely related. to Vitamix or health. 

Ginny

Sent: Thursday, February 23, 2012 4:23 PM

Subject: Re: Subject Line

I do not receive individual emails; I am subscribed to the digest format, so the delete key doesn't really " come in handy " for me as I can't just delete an email that I feel is irrelevant. Unfortunately, I find that as posts drift off-subject there are some digests I receive that for me contain almost nothing of interest.

I don't expect subjects to never go OT, that's not realistic, but some topics go so far afield for so long, and so many posts are not snipped, it just becomes a chaotic jumble that I have neither the time nor inclination to sort through.

I understand that there are many things that are fun to share, but it would be nice if those conversations that have nothing at all to do with the Vitamix were shared in the OT group.

Jane

>

>

> We are typically pretty good on here about moving a topic to the OT group when it starts going too far, but inevitably, ANY group is going to be OT now and then-and most of us on here (and with the convo yesterday) are good about changing the subject line to reflect that it is OT. Sometimes it starts out relevent to the group, and only slightly OT, but then goes further. I dont thinkit is reasonable on ANY group to expect it to never go OT, so the delete key comes in handy. Just like THIS topic-it is OT, not relevent to Vitamixing, but certainly relevent to the group, so I think we all might need to be just a little more tolerant. I was the guilty party yesterday with the OT, and was about to move it to the OT group when it got out of hand, so my apoligies, but overall, I think we are typically right on track here.

>

>

>