RemedySpot.com

Re: Stop The Thyroid Madness - was - Why Cauliflower Should Be On Your Grocery List

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

I had thyroid cancer last year and don't have a thyroid! - RobbinOn Mar 12, 2012, at 9:45 PM, Lea Ann Savage <lsavage@...> wrote:

Although there is no be-all-end-all source of information with the definitive answer for EVERYONE - I do believe that there is a LOT of VERY helpful information at the www.StopTheThyroidMadness.com website, and highly recommend that anyone who has or suspects they have thyroid "issues" to get the book.Is her treatment plan 100% the ONLY way to go? I don't thing so for everyone, but the knowledge you will gain from that book will put you way ahead of 90% of the endocrinologists out there - seriously.Here is an endocrinologist who also understands thyroid issueshttp://www.holtorfmed.com/thyroid-disorders.html (does he know it all? - no, but, "Stop The Thyroid Madness" and Dr. Holtorf's articles are a great place to "begin" your self education. Really - WE are the only ones who have full responsibility for our health - the doctors don't live in our bodies.This is a topic of great interest to me - so I wanted to chime in, but I'm copying this post to the OT list so HOPEFULLY it won't die - but can take on its full life over there :-)I also know there are a LOT of THYROID savvy List Members - I hope you all put in your .2 :-)EVERYONE can EASILY join the OFF TOPIC Vitamix Enthusiasts list (because there is NO Membership Approval process - you are instantly approved!OffTopic/

Blessings,Lea Ann SavageSatellite Beach, FL(321) 773-7088 (home)(321-961-9219 (cell)))><'>www.VitamixLady.comwww..com<:)))><

On Mar 12, 2012, at 9:19 PM, wrote:

Honestly, it is typical, and irresponsible for your endo to say that, but they all do. That is the same as telling someone on cholesterol meds that they can have all the cholesterol rich foods they want (which most people do believe) or someone on diabetes meds that they can eat all the sugar they want. Pills really just mask the symptoms or replace what is missing-they don't address the underlying issue. Sad, but most doctors aren't well educated in how nutrition effects the underlying ailment, whic is why I think we all need to do our own research and determine what is best for us.

>

> Im confused, my endocrinologist has always told me that goitrogen foods are

> safe to eat as long as you are on thyroid medication.

>

> Any comments?

>

>

>

> In HIs Grace....

>

> Robbie

>

>

>

>

Guest guest

I believe I am fortunate to live close enough to the Cleveland Clinic to select this place as treatment for throat cancer. I can't say enough good things about this hospital and its staff. As a part of my treatment the Clinic set up a visit to a nutritionist before treatment and I had access to her any time throughout my treatments. I am constantly being tested for thyroid issues that could develop after chemo and radiation but so far I have not had any issues. There is a lot of useful information at their web site including this brochure on Understanding Thyroid Conditions.http://www.clevelandclinic.org/lp/thyroid/index.html?utm_campaign=CS+-+Endo+-+DR+-+Thyroid & utm_medium=cpc & utm_source=googleppc & utm_term=thyroid & 002=2107636 & 004=1695218682 & 005=106141419 & 006=5346192282 & 007=Search & 008= & gclid=CO_VzcPM464CFUIQNAod5FvgWA Tom From: [mailto: ] On Behalf Of Lea Ann SavageSent: Monday, March 12, 2012 9:46 PM Cc: OffTopic Subject: Stop The Thyroid Madness - was - Why Cauliflower Should Be On Your Grocery List Although there is no be-all-end-all source of information with the definitive answer for EVERYONE - I do believe that there is a LOT of VERY helpful information at the www.StopTheThyroidMadness.com website, and highly recommend that anyone who has or suspects they have thyroid " issues " to get the book. Is her treatment plan 100% the ONLY way to go? I don't thing so for everyone, but the knowledge you will gain from that book will put you way ahead of 90% of the endocrinologists out there - seriously. Here is an endocrinologist who also understands thyroid issueshttp://www.holtorfmed.com/thyroid-disorders.html (does he know it all? - no, but, " Stop The Thyroid Madness " and Dr. Holtorf's articles are a great place to " begin " your self education. Really - WE are the only ones who have full responsibility for our health - the doctors don't live in our bodies. This is a topic of great interest to me - so I wanted to chime in, but I'm copying this post to the OT list so HOPEFULLY it won't die - but can take on its full life over there :-) I also know there are a LOT of THYROID savvy List Members - I hope you all put in your .2 :-) EVERYONE can EASILY join the OFF TOPIC Vitamix Enthusiasts list (because there is NO Membership Approval process - you are instantly approved! OffTopic/ Blessings,Lea Ann SavageSatellite Beach, FL(321) 773-7088 (home)(321-961-9219 (cell)))><'>www.VitamixLady.comwww..com<:)))>< On Mar 12, 2012, at 9:19 PM, wrote: Honestly, it is typical, and irresponsible for your endo to say that, but they all do. That is the same as telling someone on cholesterol meds that they can have all the cholesterol rich foods they want (which most people do believe) or someone on diabetes meds that they can eat all the sugar they want. Pills really just mask the symptoms or replace what is missing-they don't address the underlying issue. Sad, but most doctors aren't well educated in how nutrition effects the underlying ailment, whic is why I think we all need to do our own research and determine what is best for us. >> Im confused, my endocrinologist has always told me that goitrogen foods are> safe to eat as long as you are on thyroid medication.> > Any comments?> > > > In HIs Grace....> > Robbie> > > >

Guest guest

I don't always have time to keep up with email on a daily basis but was about to reply to the cauliflower/thyroid thread with links, thoughts and my own experience. Before I did I scanned the rest of my "vitamix" group email box to catch up on what others were saying on this same thread before replying. I saw this and now am not sure if I ought to reply here or not. This health problem is one of the reasons we have a vitamix but is not specifically vitamix related, except for the caution for people with certain health conditions to use certain ingredients in their shakes judiciously and because some of the ingredients we use for thyroid are best in a vitamix (like sea veggies and liver - a regular blender would leave bits and I want these things thoroughly blended and disguised! :-) Anyway, I have started a detailed reply but don't want to go against the rules. I could also just send it to the personal who inquired about my reasoning so that all others who aren't interested aren't bothered with my email. Thanks for the clarification!

Thanks,My Favorite Video for My Little One!

On Mar 12, 2012, at 8:45 PM, Lea Ann Savage wrote:

Although there is no be-all-end-all source of information with the definitive answer for EVERYONE - I do believe that there is a LOT of VERY helpful information at the www.StopTheThyroidMadness.com website, and highly recommend that anyone who has or suspects they have thyroid "issues" to get the book.Is her treatment plan 100% the ONLY way to go? I don't thing so for everyone, but the knowledge you will gain from that book will put you way ahead of 90% of the endocrinologists out there - seriously.Here is an endocrinologist who also understands thyroid issueshttp://www.holtorfmed.com/thyroid-disorders.html (does he know it all? - no, but, "Stop The Thyroid Madness" and Dr. Holtorf's articles are a great place to "begin" your self education. Really - WE are the only ones who have full responsibility for our health - the doctors don't live in our bodies.This is a topic of great interest to me - so I wanted to chime in, but I'm copying this post to the OT list so HOPEFULLY it won't die - but can take on its full life over there :-)I also know there are a LOT of THYROID savvy List Members - I hope you all put in your .2 :-)EVERYONE can EASILY join the OFF TOPIC Vitamix Enthusiasts list (because there is NO Membership Approval process - you are instantly approved!OffTopic/

Blessings,Lea Ann SavageSatellite Beach, FL(321) 773-7088 (home)(321-961-9219 (cell)))><'>www.VitamixLady.comwww..com<:)))><

Honestly, it is typical, and irresponsible for your endo to say that, but they all do. That is the same as telling someone on cholesterol meds that they can have all the cholesterol rich foods they want (which most people do believe) or someone on diabetes meds that they can eat all the sugar they want. Pills really just mask the symptoms or replace what is missing-they don't address the underlying issue. Sad, but most doctors aren't well educated in how nutrition effects the underlying ailment, whic is why I think we all need to do our own research and determine what is best for us.

>

>

> Any comments?

>

>

>

> In HIs Grace....

>

> Robbie

>

>

>

>

Guest guest

I would LOVE to read your reply. Could you send it to the OT list? OffTopic/ (instant approval - no waiting! :-)

On Mar 15, 2012, at 11:39 PM, hai quan wrote:

I don't always have time to keep up with email on a daily basis but was about to reply to the cauliflower/thyroid thread with links, thoughts and my own experience. Before I did I scanned the rest of my "vitamix" group email box to catch up on what others were saying on this same thread before replying. I saw this and now am not sure if I ought to reply here or not. This health problem is one of the reasons we have a vitamix but is not specifically vitamix related, except for the caution for people with certain health conditions to use certain ingredients in their shakes judiciously and because some of the ingredients we use for thyroid are best in a vitamix (like sea veggies and liver - a regular blender would leave bits and I want these things thoroughly blended and disguised! :-) Anyway, I have started a detailed reply but don't want to go against the rules. I could also just send it to the personal who inquired about my reasoning so that all others who aren't interested aren't bothered with my email. Thanks for the clarification!

>

>

> Any comments?

>

>

>

> In HIs Grace....

>

> Robbie

>

>

>

>

Guest guest

will do later today. joined the other list.

On Mar 16, 2012, at 2:10 AM, Lea Ann Savage wrote:

I would LOVE to read your reply. Could you send it to the OT list? OffTopic/ (instant approval - no waiting! :-)

On Mar 15, 2012, at 11:39 PM, hai quan wrote:

>

>

> Any comments?

>

>

>

> In HIs Grace....

>

> Robbie

>

>

>

>

Guest guest

I would love to read the reply too. I enjoy reading others experiences.

Amy

>

> I don't always have time to keep up with email on a daily basis but was about

to reply to the cauliflower/thyroid thread with links, thoughts and my own

experience.

Guest guest

Thank you Lea Ann for the great link to Dr.Holtorf. I wrote to them to ask for a referral here in Texas. Unfortunatly, they are located only in California. I did get a call from someone though that works for him and she lives here close to me. She had said that she could set me up to go see him in California, but my pocketbook will not allow me to consider that. I am at my wits end with my endocrinologist and now I find out that there is also a big question about the hormone replacement therapy that my OBGYN has me on.....UGH!!! I want to run screaming down the street only I 'm too tired!I have heard about a Dr. that does the saliva testing and reverse T3 testing and other tests that conventional Dr's " poo- poo " . His name is Dr. Spurlock and he is in Dallas. I still have to do some research and see if he accepts insurance. I know I have gone the long way around this and for that Im sorry. I just want to know from all of you other women that are hypothyroid and or menopausal. How did you find a Dr. that would do the right tests and then give you compounded thyroid?I just cannot believe that I have been brought this far to only end up at a dead end. In HIs Grace...Robbie From: [mailto: ] On Behalf Of hai quanSent: Thursday, March 15, 2012 10:40 PM Subject: Re: Stop The Thyroid Madness - was - Why Cauliflower Should Be On Your Grocery List I don't always have time to keep up with email on a daily basis but was about to reply to the cauliflower/thyroid thread with links, thoughts and my own experience. Before I did I scanned the rest of my " vitamix " group email box to catch up on what others were saying on this same thread before replying. I saw this and now am not sure if I ought to reply here or not. This health problem is one of the reasons we have a vitamix but is not specifically vitamix related, except for the caution for people with certain health conditions to use certain ingredients in their shakes judiciously and because some of the ingredients we use for thyroid are best in a vitamix (like sea veggies and liver - a regular blender would leave bits and I want these things thoroughly blended and disguised! :-) Anyway, I have started a detailed reply but don't want to go against the rules. I could also just send it to the personal who inquired about my reasoning so that all others who aren't interested aren't bothered with my email. Thanks for the clarification!Thanks, My Favorite Video for My Little One!http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3n1faCCXbeM On Mar 12, 2012, at 8:45 PM, Lea Ann Savage wrote: Although there is no be-all-end-all source of information with the definitive answer for EVERYONE - I do believe that there is a LOT of VERY helpful information at the www.StopTheThyroidMadness.com website, and highly recommend that anyone who has or suspects they have thyroid " issues " to get the book. Is her treatment plan 100% the ONLY way to go? I don't thing so for everyone, but the knowledge you will gain from that book will put you way ahead of 90% of the endocrinologists out there - seriously. Here is an endocrinologist who also understands thyroid issueshttp://www.holtorfmed.com/thyroid-disorders.html (does he know it all? - no, but, " Stop The Thyroid Madness " and Dr. Holtorf's articles are a great place to " begin " your self education. Really - WE are the only ones who have full responsibility for our health - the doctors don't live in our bodies. This is a topic of great interest to me - so I wanted to chime in, but I'm copying this post to the OT list so HOPEFULLY it won't die - but can take on its full life over there :-) I also know there are a LOT of THYROID savvy List Members - I hope you all put in your .2 :-) EVERYONE can EASILY join the OFF TOPIC Vitamix Enthusiasts list (because there is NO Membership Approval process - you are instantly approved! OffTopic/ Blessings,Lea Ann SavageSatellite Beach, FL(321) 773-7088 (home)(321-961-9219 (cell)))><'>www.VitamixLady.comwww..com<:)))>< On Mar 12, 2012, at 9:19 PM, wrote: Honestly, it is typical, and irresponsible for your endo to say that, but they all do. That is the same as telling someone on cholesterol meds that they can have all the cholesterol rich foods they want (which most people do believe) or someone on diabetes meds that they can eat all the sugar they want. Pills really just mask the symptoms or replace what is missing-they don't address the underlying issue. Sad, but most doctors aren't well educated in how nutrition effects the underlying ailment, whic is why I think we all need to do our own research and determine what is best for us. >> Im confused, my endocrinologist has always told me that goitrogen foods are> safe to eat as long as you are on thyroid medication.> > Any comments?> > > > In HIs Grace....> > Robbie> > > >

Guest guest

me too! In His Grace...Robbie From: [mailto: ] On Behalf Of apricot855Sent: Friday, March 16, 2012 12:00 PM Subject: Re: Stop The Thyroid Madness - was - Why Cauliflower Should Be On Your Grocery List I would love to read the reply too. I enjoy reading others experiences. Amy> > I don't always have time to keep up with email on a daily basis but was about to reply to the cauliflower/thyroid thread with links, thoughts and my own experience.

Guest guest

I too think meno is the pitts. The Stop the Thyroid Madness has an e-mail

discussion group. In the group files is a " Good Doc's " list.

NaturalThyroidHormones/

Amy

>

> Thank you Lea Ann for the great link to Dr.Holtorf.

>

> I wrote to them to ask for a referral here in Texas. Unfortunatly, they

> are located only in California. I did get a call from someone though that

> works for him and she lives here close to me. She had said that she could

> set me up to go see him in California, but my pocketbook will not allow me

> to consider that. I am at my wits end with my endocrinologist and now I find

> out that there is also a big question about the hormone replacement therapy

> that my OBGYN has me on.....UGH!!! I want to run screaming down the street

> only I 'm too tired!

>

> I have heard about a Dr. that does the saliva testing and reverse T3 testing

> and other tests that conventional Dr's " poo- poo " . His name is Dr. Spurlock

> and he is in Dallas. I still have to do some research and see if he accepts

> insurance. I know I have gone the long way around this and for that Im

> sorry. I just want to know from all of you other women that are hypothyroid

> and or menopausal. How did you find a Dr. that would do the right tests and

> then give you compounded thyroid?

>

> I just cannot believe that I have been brought this far to only end up at a

> dead end.

>

>

> In HIs Grace...

>

> Robbie

>

Guest guest

Thank you, Sparkles for telling me they do phone consults. Do you live in California? I saw where you said they had a local office in yr area ,but didn't mention where. Do you know the cost for the phone consults? Welcome to the VM group. I LOVE my VM.........it can do anything!!! In His Grace....Robbie From: [mailto: ] On Behalf Of sparkles_95130Sent: Friday, March 16, 2012 10:47 PM Subject: Re: Stop The Thyroid Madness - was - Why Cauliflower Should Be On Your Grocery List Robbie,I know it's expensive but Dr.Holtorf's group does do phone consults I'm considering it even though there is a local office as it's less $$$$ and to see if I can get my dr up to speed in hopes to limit costs. I'm a VM newbie (first post!), but seeing this may have solved a huge problem seeing nobody can get my bio-identical right (4 drs/4 yrs) and my dr gave me the " worthless " thyroid test even though when I first met her she said I can tell by looking at you something is wrong with your thyroid. This board led me to the Stop The Thyroid Madness site, where finally, finally, amazingly...I see every one of my symptoms listed. Many that are being treated as separate issues. Light.at.end.of.tunnel! Will keep a close eye on this thread here and over at OT.BTW, I'm also LOVING my new VM. Still learning. Still making some chlorophyl type don't go away foamy mistakes, but I'm getting there.> >> > Im confused, my endocrinologist has always told me that goitrogen foods> are> > safe to eat as long as you are on thyroid medication.> > > > Any comments?> > > > > > > > In HIs Grace....> > > > Robbie> > > > > > > >>

Guest guest

Hi,Yes I'm in NCal and there is an office up here. In looking at the site I found the phone consult info (guess I shouldn't embed the link for those reading via email). Here it is: http://www.holtorfmed.com/telephone-consultation-with-a-doctor.html Certainly not inexpensive, but $100 less than an office visit. See prices here for an office visit:http://www.holtorfmed.com/patient-forms.html (and I would not count on any insurance reimbursement; I went to a bi-identical MD in this price range and nothing, not even part of the office visit, was reimbursed.)Thanks for the welcome - so glad to be here - loving my VM!> > >> > > Im confused, my endocrinologist has always told me that goitrogen foods> > are> > > safe to eat as long as you are on thyroid medication.> > > > > > Any comments?> > > > > > > > > > > > In HIs Grace....> > > > > > Robbie> > > > > > > > > > > >> >>