RemedySpot.com

Blendtec owner uses vitamix 5200

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Hello all. Just wanted to share my experiences with the vitamix 5200. I took my daughter to the Shedd Aquarium and spent a few days at my brothers house. My sister in law is a health freak and uses her VM daily. Anyway for 3 days I made my morning green smoothie in the VM. Enough water to cover the blades4 globe grapes with seedsslice of pineapple with core 1 rib of celery 1 carrotlarge handful of greens, rotated kale and spinach handful of ice1 frozen banana 1 frozen strawberryWell the first day I used spinach and didn't have any problems. I started on low, worked up to speed 10 then to high for about 1 minute. The VM did a very good job. The texture and consistency was the same as my blendtec does on the whole juice cycle (which runs for 45

seconds on Blendtec).My only issue was on day 2 I had a piece of celery that was stuck under the blades. I had sort of a hard time removing it because of the size of my hands. My opinion is the vitamix and blendtec are pretty much the coke and pepsi of the high end blender world. Each has a few pros and cons over the other, but over all they are both wonderful machines. Thanks all....Brad