RemedySpot.com

Re: What's in your Vitamix pantry? What do you try to keep on hand

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

I’m new at this, but my “new” pantry has: Coconut water and coconut milkAll sorts of canned beans and dried beans (I soak the beans overnight and cook in the slow cooker the next day), especially dried chick peas for making hummus, lentils and pinto beansAlmond milkSeeds for making sproutsFlax seeds (keep these in the fridge)Local bee pollen (in the fridge also)SteviaOrganic coffee (I still drink one amazing cup of coffee a day)Nettles, dandelion leaf and oat straw for teaLots of herbs and spicesNuts and seeds – raw cashews, almonds, pumpkin seeds (keep these in the fridge, too)Whey powderAll kinds of herb teasCanned organic tomatoes, canned organic corn, canned chillisGrains like brown rice and quinoaCoconut flour, potato starch (need to get some xantham gum), baking powder, baking soda, kosher salt Then on the counter are various fruits and veggies that don’t go in the fridge like bananas, potatoes and sweet potatoes, jicama. The rest I wash and prepare for smoothies and chopped salads ahead of time and keep them in glass containers or plastic bags in the fridge. There may be some things there I need to change but don’t know about yet. I’m slowly getting rid of all the processed foods. Hubby’s still eating them up but I’m trying to move him toward my way of eating and he seems to be willing to at least try it. He likes the daily smoothies. I just finished my smoothie challenge, self-imposed. Lost 10 pounds and learned a ton about my body! My new pantry is a change I’ve made for good. ne