RemedySpot.com

Re: Container Cleaning Methods - was - Cleaning Nut Butter off of the container the EASY WAY - was - Went to a demo today! Reconditioned machine question

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

I picked up this bottle brush today and I liked it but I guess I thought it

would clean off all that cloudy film at the bottom. So, I came back to read your

post again and see that it only maintains it once you've cleaned that off. I've

only had my machine 2 weeks, I can't imagine how bad it would look any longer

than that. I guess it will be my weekend project to get it clean again.

Michele

>

>

> Those disposable 5 dollar electric toothbrushes work great for cleaning the

containers too-just the right size to reach down in them, and the small head

makes it easy to get under the blades.

>

>

>

>

> Sent from my iPad

> >

> >

> >

> =

>

Guest guest

Oh Michele, you would be amazed to see how cloudy containers can get! My mom never cleans hers - only rinses it out. Hers is very VERY cloudy with build up… But I figure that it is just a sign of a well-used container and a healthy owner of said container! :-)

Blessings,Lea Ann SavageSatellite Beach, FL(321) 773-7088 (home)(321-961-9219 (cell)))><'>www.VitamixLady.comwww..com<:)))><

On Mar 21, 2012, at 6:50 PM, chele519 wrote:

I picked up this bottle brush today and I liked it but I guess I thought it would clean off all that cloudy film at the bottom. So, I came back to read your post again and see that it only maintains it once you've cleaned that off. I've only had my machine 2 weeks, I can't imagine how bad it would look any longer than that. I guess it will be my weekend project to get it clean again.

Michele

>

>

> Those disposable 5 dollar electric toothbrushes work great for cleaning the containers too-just the right size to reach down in them, and the small head makes it easy to get under the blades.

>

>

>

>

> Sent from my iPad

> >

> >

> >

> =

>

Guest guest

I probably would not have bothered except my flax seed meal was sticking to the

sides and even with a dishrag it was hard to get it off.

> >

> >

> > Those disposable 5 dollar electric toothbrushes work great for cleaning the

containers too-just the right size to reach down in them, and the small head

makes it easy to get under the blades.

> >

> >

> >

> >

> > Sent from my iPad

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > =

> >

>

Guest guest

Sort of a little off the exact subject but wanted to mention it in this post :D

Our water is as harder than any I have ever put up with and if your water is

hard also, you might want to rinse your container with white vinegar for the

sparkley clean, no water spots finish....especially after all the work with the

brushes and baking soda for the veggie film :D

Happy Blending!

Sherri

OH! Sooo strange today...I was craving a smoothie without any sweet fruit! OK,

not a savory smoothie exactly yet, but I think this means I WILL get there! I

just blended carrots, cucumber, cabbage and avo with water and strained it a

little. It pretty much hit the spot and I am excited to think that SOMEDAY I

will crave an all greens sort of bitter/tart smoothie! Hopefully :D

Guest guest

This is so true. At my last show in lin, TN there were a lot of questions from Vitamix owners about cloudy containers. I discerned pretty quickly that the area had hard water. Hard water really causes "cloudy container" build up. If I lived in an area like that, I'd probably keep a spray bottle of vinegar beside the sink, and spray down the container after cleaning it.

Blessings,Lea Ann SavageSatellite Beach, FL(321) 773-7088 (home)(321-961-9219 (cell)))><'>www.VitamixLady.comwww..com<:)))><

On Mar 22, 2012, at 12:28 AM, sew_bz_it wrote:

Sort of a little off the exact subject but wanted to mention it in this post :D

Our water is as harder than any I have ever put up with and if your water is hard also, you might want to rinse your container with white vinegar for the sparkley clean, no water spots finish....especially after all the work with the brushes and baking soda for the veggie film :D

Happy Blending!

Sherri

OH! Sooo strange today...I was craving a smoothie without any sweet fruit! OK, not a savory smoothie exactly yet, but I think this means I WILL get there! I just blended carrots, cucumber, cabbage and avo with water and strained it a little. It pretty much hit the spot and I am excited to think that SOMEDAY I will crave an all greens sort of bitter/tart smoothie! Hopefully :D

Guest guest

thats odd i have had mine since January & its not cloudy at all & I use it daily.. make smoothies, nut butters, dressings, nut milks... Patti From: chele519 <chele519@...> Sent: Wednesday, March 21, 2012 5:50 PM Subject: Re: Container Cleaning Methods - was - Cleaning Nut Butter off of the container the EASY WAY - was - Went to a demo today! Reconditioned machine question

I picked up this bottle brush today and I liked it but I guess I thought it would clean off all that cloudy film at the bottom. So, I came back to read your post again and see that it only maintains it once you've cleaned that off. I've only had my machine 2 weeks, I can't imagine how bad it would look any longer than that. I guess it will be my weekend project to get it clean again.

Michele

>

>

> Those disposable 5 dollar electric toothbrushes work great for cleaning the containers too-just the right size to reach down in them, and the small head makes it easy to get under the blades.

>

>

>

>

> Sent from my iPad

> >

> >

> >

> =

>

Guest guest

Patti, do you have hard or soft water???Hard water = faster "cloudiness"Soft water = not such a quick build up.After a couple of year's use with relatively soft water, but cleaning mine with the soapy water spun on high method, my container had begun to build up some cloudiness. I cleaned it with a moist paper towel dipped in baking soda to form an abrasive scrub until it was sparkling new about two years ago, and started cleaning it with a bottle brush (just a fast as running it on the machine), and there has been no build up this time.

On Mar 22, 2012, at 7:08 PM, patti wrote:

thats odd i have had mine since January & its not cloudy at all & I use it daily.. make smoothies, nut butters, dressings, nut milks... Patti From: chele519 <chele519@...> Sent: Wednesday, March 21, 2012 5:50 PM Subject: Re: Container Cleaning Methods - was - Cleaning Nut Butter off of the container the EASY WAY - was - Went to a demo today! Reconditioned machine question

Michele

>

>

>

>

>

>

> Sent from my iPad

> >

> >

> >

> =

>