RemedySpot.com

Re: What order to put things into the container - was - Juicing to Smoothie

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Why do greens go in last? I find if I put heavy items on top of the greens, it helps push them down, and I don't need the tamper for some of my smoothies. As an example, I would put in greens with a bit of water/soy, then an orange or something similar and then carry on as you suggest. The weight of all the stuff above the greens pushes the greens into the blade and it blends up quickly, then the machine gets right to work on the orange, etc.

This is a great group, and I am astounded at your knowledge Lea Ann.  Thanks,Chris On Wed, Mar 21, 2012 at 2:55 PM, Lea Ann Savage <lsavage@...> wrote:

Cucumber and lemon on bottom (always the things with the most liquid on bottom going up as things get less " juicy " )then apple and celery then carrots and gingergreens and ice last

Proportions???  (I'm guestimating - you'll have to experiment)1/2 cucmber1/2 lemon peeled1 apple1 stalk celery1 carrot

ginger to tasteone large hand full of greens?ice (how thinned down do you want this?)If it were me, I'd get all of my liquid from the ice in this drink because to get REALY Smooth (if that is what you like) it's going to need to blend quite a while to break down the carrot fiber…  Ice will buy you extra blending time.

Blessings,Lea Ann SavageSatellite Beach, FL

(321) 773-7088 (home)(321-961-9219 (cell)www.VitamixLady.com

))><'>www..com<:)))><

On Mar 21, 2012, at 4:03 PM, vegansmacks wrote:

Hello, everyone!

My hubby & I have been juicing daily for about a year. I am trying to convert him to a VM smoothie. I have been making a spinach strawberry smoothie & he doesn't like it because he says it's too fruity.

I'm posting our juicing recipe. Can y'all more experienced VMers tell me how to convert this to a smoothie for 1? I no longer have any of my VM books (too many moves) & I have VM 5000.

Ginger

1/2 a lemon

3 carrots

3 celery stalks

1 cucumber

1 bunch of kale

2 apples

Can y'all tell me how/what to put in & the order? THANK YOU!!! :) :)

Guest guest

I would probably do the cucumber and lemon; blend.  Greens; blend. Then everything else; blend.  I, too, found that it was easier to put in the greens first and blend than to put them in last.  I don't need to use my tamper much this way and that makes me happy (one less thing to wash!).

RenaIf God brings you to it, He will bring you through it.Happy moments, praise God.

Difficult moments, seek God. Quiet moments, worship God. Painful moments, trust God. Every moment, thank God.

On Wed, Mar 21, 2012 at 3:06 PM, Pooley <chris.j.pooley@...> wrote:

Why do greens go in last? I find if I put heavy items on top of the greens, it helps push them down, and I don't need the tamper for some of my smoothies. As an example, I would put in greens with a bit of water/soy, then an orange or something similar and then carry on as you suggest. The weight of all the stuff above the greens pushes the greens into the blade and it blends up quickly, then the machine gets right to work on the orange, etc.

This is a great group, and I am astounded at your knowledge Lea Ann.  Thanks,Chris On Wed, Mar 21, 2012 at 2:55 PM, Lea Ann Savage <lsavage@...> wrote:

Cucumber and lemon on bottom (always the things with the most liquid on bottom going up as things get less " juicy " )then apple and celery then carrots and gingergreens and ice last

Proportions???  (I'm guestimating - you'll have to experiment)1/2 cucmber1/2 lemon peeled1 apple1 stalk celery1 carrot

ginger to tasteone large hand full of greens?ice (how thinned down do you want this?)If it were me, I'd get all of my liquid from the ice in this drink because to get REALY Smooth (if that is what you like) it's going to need to blend quite a while to break down the carrot fiber…  Ice will buy you extra blending time.

Hello, everyone!

My hubby & I have been juicing daily for about a year. I am trying to convert him to a VM smoothie. I have been making a spinach strawberry smoothie & he doesn't like it because he says it's too fruity.

I'm posting our juicing recipe. Can y'all more experienced VMers tell me how to convert this to a smoothie for 1? I no longer have any of my VM books (too many moves) & I have VM 5000.

Ginger

1/2 a lemon

3 carrots

3 celery stalks

1 cucumber

1 bunch of kale

2 apples

Guest guest

Thank you for your very kind words :-)If what you are doing is working for you - don't change a thing!Greens are surprisingly dry and if a person isn't using liquids (except for ice on top) the greens will gum up the works so to speak :-) But the way you are doing it with liquid sounds great.Greens are also very astringent and if someone were using many hands full of greens they have been know to clump or stick together forming a mass that is hard to push down with the tamper - the goal with putting them on top, is to have a lot of liquid already formed below to create a vortex to suck them down into the blades! I'm a liberal tamper user, so tend to do things in ways that utilize the tamper.

Blessings,Lea Ann SavageSatellite Beach, FL(321) 773-7088 (home)(321-961-9219 (cell)))><'>www.VitamixLady.comwww..com<:)))><

On Mar 21, 2012, at 5:06 PM, Pooley wrote:

Why do greens go in last? I find if I put heavy items on top of the greens, it helps push them down, and I don't need the tamper for some of my smoothies. As an example, I would put in greens with a bit of water/soy, then an orange or something similar and then carry on as you suggest. The weight of all the stuff above the greens pushes the greens into the blade and it blends up quickly, then the machine gets right to work on the orange, etc.

This is a great group, and I am astounded at your knowledge Lea Ann. Thanks,On Wed, Mar 21, 2012 at 2:55 PM, Lea Ann Savage <lsavage@...> wrote:

Cucumber and lemon on bottom (always the things with the most liquid on bottom going up as things get less "juicy")then apple and celery then carrots and gingergreens and ice last

Proportions??? (I'm guestimating - you'll have to experiment)1/2 cucmber1/2 lemon peeled1 apple1 stalk celery1 carrot

ginger to tasteone large hand full of greens?ice (how thinned down do you want this?)If it were me, I'd get all of my liquid from the ice in this drink because to get REALY Smooth (if that is what you like) it's going to need to blend quite a while to break down the carrot fiber… Ice will buy you extra blending time.

Hello, everyone!

Ginger

1/2 a lemon

3 carrots

3 celery stalks

1 cucumber

1 bunch of kale

2 apples

Guest guest

I'm too lazy to do it in stages like this (lid on, lid off, lid back on), but it is a GREAT alternative to using a tamper!I think it's great that we can share what works for each of us, and people who haven't worked out what works best for them can pick and choose...Blessings,Lea Ann SavageSatellite Beach, FL(321) 773-7088 (home)(321-961-9219 (cell)))><'>www.VitamixLady.comwww..com<:)))><

On Mar 21, 2012, at 5:24 PM, Rena Glubay wrote:

I would probably do the cucumber and lemon; blend. Greens; blend. Then everything else; blend. I, too, found that it was easier to put in the greens first and blend than to put them in last. I don't need to use my tamper much this way and that makes me happy (one less thing to wash!).

RenaIf God brings you to it, He will bring you through it.Happy moments, praise God.

Difficult moments, seek God. Quiet moments, worship God. Painful moments, trust God. Every moment, thank God.

Why do greens go in last? I find if I put heavy items on top of the greens, it helps push them down, and I don't need the tamper for some of my smoothies. As an example, I would put in greens with a bit of water/soy, then an orange or something similar and then carry on as you suggest. The weight of all the stuff above the greens pushes the greens into the blade and it blends up quickly, then the machine gets right to work on the orange, etc.

This is a great group, and I am astounded at your knowledge Lea Ann. Thanks,On Wed, Mar 21, 2012 at 2:55 PM, Lea Ann Savage <lsavage@...> wrote:

Cucumber and lemon on bottom (always the things with the most liquid on bottom going up as things get less "juicy")then apple and celery then carrots and gingergreens and ice last

Proportions??? (I'm guestimating - you'll have to experiment)1/2 cucmber1/2 lemon peeled1 apple1 stalk celery1 carrot

ginger to tasteone large hand full of greens?ice (how thinned down do you want this?)If it were me, I'd get all of my liquid from the ice in this drink because to get REALY Smooth (if that is what you like) it's going to need to blend quite a while to break down the carrot fiber… Ice will buy you extra blending time.

Hello, everyone!

Ginger

1/2 a lemon

3 carrots

3 celery stalks

1 cucumber

1 bunch of kale

2 apples

Guest guest

LOL!!  You are absolutely right.Rena

If God brings you to it, He will bring you through it.Happy moments, praise God. Difficult moments, seek God. Quiet moments, worship God. Painful moments, trust God. Every moment, thank God.

On Wed, Mar 21, 2012 at 4:22 PM, Lea Ann Savage <lsavage@...> wrote:

I'm too lazy to do it in stages like this (lid on, lid off, lid back on), but it is a GREAT alternative to using a tamper!I think it's great that we can share what works for each of us, and people who haven't worked out what works best for them can pick and choose...

Blessings,Lea Ann Savage

Satellite Beach, FL(321) 773-7088 (home)(321-961-9219 (cell)www.VitamixLady.com

I would probably do the cucumber and lemon; blend.  Greens; blend. Then everything else; blend.  I, too, found that it was easier to put in the greens first and blend than to put them in last.  I don't need to use my tamper much this way and that makes me happy (one less thing to wash!).

RenaIf God brings you to it, He will bring you through it.Happy moments, praise God.

Difficult moments, seek God. Quiet moments, worship God. Painful moments, trust God. Every moment, thank God.

Hello, everyone!

Ginger

1/2 a lemon

3 carrots

3 celery stalks

1 cucumber

1 bunch of kale

2 apples

Guest guest

Again- Lea Ann- a true powerhouse of knowledge. Thanks a lot, and thanks for your opinions Rena.ChrisOn Wed, Mar 21, 2012 at 4:42 PM, Rena Glubay <jp17aday@...> wrote:

LOL!!  You are absolutely right.Rena

If God brings you to it, He will bring you through it.Happy moments, praise God. Difficult moments, seek God. Quiet moments, worship God. Painful moments, trust God. Every moment, thank God.

On Wed, Mar 21, 2012 at 4:22 PM, Lea Ann Savage <lsavage@...> wrote:

I'm too lazy to do it in stages like this (lid on, lid off, lid back on), but it is a GREAT alternative to using a tamper!I think it's great that we can share what works for each of us, and people who haven't worked out what works best for them can pick and choose...

Blessings,Lea Ann Savage

Satellite Beach, FL(321) 773-7088 (home)(321-961-9219 (cell)www.VitamixLady.com

Hello, everyone!

Ginger

1/2 a lemon

3 carrots

3 celery stalks

1 cucumber

1 bunch of kale

2 apples

Guest guest

THANK YOU GUYS SO MUCH!!!

There is so much information on here & y'all are so active it's UNREAL! I am

trying to take it in bite size pieces & conquer one thing at a time. I have my

smoothies down (thank you, Lea Ann for your youtube videos) & ice cream. Now I

want to get the hubbie's smoothie down. Then I'm out to conquer soups. Again,

THANK YOU!! Y'ALL ARE ONE INCREDIBLE GROUP!!! :):)

> >>>>

> >>>>

> >>>>

> >>>> Hello, everyone!

> >>>>

> >>>> My hubby & I have been juicing daily for about a year. I am trying to

> >>>> convert him to a VM smoothie. I have been making a spinach strawberry

> >>>> smoothie & he doesn't like it because he says it's too fruity.

> >>>>

> >>>> I'm posting our juicing recipe. Can y'all more experienced VMers tell

> >>>> me how to convert this to a smoothie for 1? I no longer have any of my VM

> >>>> books (too many moves) & I have VM 5000.

> >>>>

> >>>> Ginger

> >>>> 1/2 a lemon

> >>>> 3 carrots

> >>>> 3 celery stalks

> >>>> 1 cucumber

> >>>> 1 bunch of kale

> >>>> 2 apples

> >>>>

> >>>> Can y'all tell me how/what to put in & the order? THANK YOU!!! :) :)

> >>>>

> >>>>

> >>>>

> >>>>

> >>>>

> >>>

> >>>

> >>

> >>

> >>

> >

> >