RemedySpot.com

Re: Apple Ice Cream

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

I'd like to try this but don't have the xanthan gum. Will it work without it? Can you find this in a regular grocery store?Thanks, TrishSent from my iPadOn Apr 2, 2012, at 7:07 PM, Terry Pogue <tpogue@...> wrote:

This was very good tonight. I'm freezing another bag of cut apples to do it with apple juice. I'm sure it will be lovely, probably more of a sorbet with the juice.

Apple Ice Cream - Serves 2

Recipe By: Terry Pogue

Ingredients

2 large Apples -- cored and cubed FROZEN

juice of 1/4 lemon

1/4 cup sugar

1/4 cup cream or apple juice

1/2 teaspoon Xanthan Gum

Instructions

Core the apples but no need to peel. Cut into pieces approximately 2" x 2". Put into a ziplock bag and squeeze 1/2 a lemon over the apples. Mix around. Then put the bag of apple pieces in the freezer spread out so the apple cubes freeze individually and not in a clump.

In the Vitamix put the sugar (I used confectioners' sugar), Xanthan Gum, and cream. Add the frozen apple cubes and turn the Vitamix on high. Using the tamper to push the apples down onto the blades being sure to reach into all four corners until the ice cream is smooth.

Recipe Notes

Leave the skins on. They will not be visible in the finished ice cream.

Exported from A Cook's Books -- Recipe management for Macintosh

=

Guest guest

I think Whole Foods carries it, I don't know what you would substitute for it. Maybe or Lea Ann will know agar agar maybe? The XG prevents ice crystals from forming and gives it the ice cream texture.Sent from my iPadHDOn Apr 2, 2012, at 9:30 PM, Trisha <tmeyers85@...> wrote:

I'd like to try this but don't have the xanthan gum. Will it work without it? Can you find this in a regular grocery store?Thanks, TrishSent from my iPadOn Apr 2, 2012, at 7:07 PM, Terry Pogue <tpogue@...> wrote:

This was very good tonight. I'm freezing another bag of cut apples to do it with apple juice. I'm sure it will be lovely, probably more of a sorbet with the juice.

Ingredients

juice of 1/4 lemon

1/4 cup sugar

1/2 teaspoon Xanthan Gum

Instructions

Core the apples but no need to peel. Cut into pieces approximately 2" x 2". Put into a ziplock bag and squeeze 1/2 a lemon over the apples. Mix around. Then put the bag of apple pieces in the freezer spread out so the apple cubes freeze individually and not in a clump.

In the Vitamix put the sugar (I used confectioners' sugar), Xanthan Gum, and cream. Add the frozen apple cubes and turn the Vitamix on high. Using the tamper to push the apples down onto the blades being sure to reach into all four corners until the ice cream is smooth.

Recipe Notes

=

Guest guest

Glucomannan Powder will do the same thing - there is a link to it one the website.Links > Sweeteners / Supplements / Ingredients / Food Additives

Blessings,Lea Ann SavageSatellite Beach, FL(321) 773-7088 (home)(321-961-9219 (cell)))><'>www.VitamixLady.comwww..com<:)))><

On Apr 2, 2012, at 9:38 PM, Terry Pogue wrote:

I think Whole Foods carries it, I don't know what you would substitute for it. Maybe or Lea Ann will know agar agar maybe? The XG prevents ice crystals from forming and gives it the ice cream texture.Sent from my iPadHDOn Apr 2, 2012, at 9:30 PM, Trisha <tmeyers85@...> wrote:

Ingredients

juice of 1/4 lemon

1/4 cup sugar

1/2 teaspoon Xanthan Gum

Instructions

Recipe Notes

=

Guest guest

Whole Foods in my town does have Xantham, and also agar.Ginny From: Lea Ann Savage <lsavage@...> Sent: Tuesday, April 3, 2012 4:27 AM Subject: Re: Apple Ice Cream

Glucomannan Powder will do the same thing - there is a link to it one the website.Links > Sweeteners / Supplements / Ingredients / Food Additives

Blessings,Lea Ann SavageSatellite Beach, FL(321) 773-7088 (home)(321-961-9219 (cell)))><'>www.VitamixLady.comwww..com<:)))><

On Apr 2, 2012, at 9:38 PM, Terry Pogue wrote:

Ingredients

juice of 1/4 lemon

1/4 cup sugar

1/2 teaspoon Xanthan Gum

Instructions

Recipe Notes

=