RemedySpot.com

sea veggies

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Add sea veggies to my morning smoothie for the first time. Dried kelp and dulse (stronger flavor!). both made some wild noises in the vitamix and were still in good size pieces. Everything else in the mornings smoothie disappeared into a creamy blend including the frozen, raw liver, blueberries, half a zucchini (not even chopped) and egg yolks all disappeared into a creamy, sweet mix with the milk and sweetener but the sea veggies were still in pieces and not good. My husband suggested that we soak them in water overnight before adding them to a smoothie and that in the soften v. leathery state they would blend easier. We have used these in stew, soups & broth. Any suggestions for including in smoothies with the vitamix?

Thanks,My Favorite Video for My Little One!

Guest guest

Following last weeks unsuccessful addition of dried kelp and dulse to my morning smoothing I followed my husband's advice this time. I soaked some kelp overnight in filtered water. This morning I tore off several large pieces (they had really thickened and now felt a bit slimmy). The vitamix could now blended if into little specks that now of us could feel as "texture". Just tiny flecks hardly noticeable and my son and I drank it fine. Without the soaking the leather pieces just stayed rather large and tough. So I will soak first!

On Mar 16, 2012, at 1:22 PM, hai quan wrote:

Add sea veggies to my morning smoothie for the first time. Dried kelp and dulse (stronger flavor!). both made some wild noises in the vitamix and were still in good size pieces. Everything else in the mornings smoothie disappeared into a creamy blend including the frozen, raw liver, blueberries, half a zucchini (not even chopped) and egg yolks all disappeared into a creamy, sweet mix with the milk and sweetener but the sea veggies were still in pieces and not good. My husband suggested that we soak them in water overnight before adding them to a smoothie and that in the soften v. leathery state they would blend easier. We have used these in stew, soups & broth. Any suggestions for including in smoothies with the vitamix?

Guest guest

An even easier way is to purchase kelp powder and a little goes a long way...just takes 1/4 tsp. of the powder to provide the right amount without any noticeable taste change. ---------------------Rene Oswald, RN, APHBest Beginnings, Inc. Living Food Classes & Consultationswww.rawfoodrene.comwww.reneoswald.com561-775-4867From: hai quan <hai@...> Sent: Tue, March 20, 2012 11:39:47 AMSubject: Re: sea veggies

Following last weeks unsuccessful addition of dried kelp and dulse to my morning smoothing I followed my husband's advice this time. I soaked some kelp overnight in filtered water. This morning I tore off several large pieces (they had really thickened and now felt a bit slimmy). The vitamix could now blended if into little specks that now of us could feel as "texture". Just tiny flecks hardly noticeable and my son and I drank it fine. Without the soaking the leather pieces just stayed rather large and tough. So I will soak first!

Guest guest

Thanks for this information/tip. I added a link to this post here:/links/Food_Preparation_and_Storage_Tips_001328221951/I take Kelp capsules daily for the iodine and mineral content. I try to use Sea Veggies in recipes, but have never pre-soaked and I bet that I should have been doing this all along. I just put some dried Kelp in some water to soak and will see what it is like in the morning - THANKS again!

Blessings,Lea Ann SavageSatellite Beach, FL(321) 773-7088 (home)(321-961-9219 (cell)))><'>www.VitamixLady.comwww..com<:)))><

On Mar 20, 2012, at 11:39 AM, hai quan wrote:

Guest guest

I put Kelp (and sometimes Kelp powder if I don't have any kelp on hand) in my fermented veggie mix.

Blessings,Lea Ann SavageSatellite Beach, FL(321) 773-7088 (home)(321-961-9219 (cell)))><'>www.VitamixLady.comwww..com<:)))><

On Mar 20, 2012, at 11:52 AM, Lea Ann Savage wrote:

Thanks for this information/tip. I added a link to this post here:/links/Food_Preparation_and_Storage_Tips_001328221951/I take Kelp capsules daily for the iodine and mineral content. I try to use Sea Veggies in recipes, but have never pre-soaked and I bet that I should have been doing this all along. I just put some dried Kelp in some water to soak and will see what it is like in the morning - THANKS again!

Guest guest

We ferment celery, ginger and carrots. Separately although have sometimes mixed and sometimes added onions & /or garlic. If you add the powder to your water how do you know you are getting it when you eat the veggies? minerals from kelp soak into the veggies? We don't drink the water and all of the "floaties" in it, just scoop out the veggies.

On Mar 20, 2012, at 10:54 AM, Lea Ann Savage wrote:

I put Kelp (and sometimes Kelp powder if I don't have any kelp on hand) in my fermented veggie mix.

On Mar 20, 2012, at 11:52 AM, Lea Ann Savage wrote: