RemedySpot.com

Re: What I made in my Vitamix today

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Wow! impressive list!We have used it today for our morning smoothie of egg yolk, berries, banana, goat milk and a small piece of raw liver. I love that I can put it in frozen and it completely disappears into the smoothie. As long as it is drunk within the first 20-30 minutes after blending I can't really taste it either. I guess after that it begins to thaw. Anyway, love the vitamix as no way would the adults in the house eat raw liver but my son would never knowingly touch it! hahaI think that is one of my favorite things about it - it takes all of the texture out and smooths the veggies so that my son just enjoys a smoothie and doesn't complain about the "bits". Even in juicing there is some texture/fiber left from the veggies that he does not enjoy.

Thanks,My Favorite Video for My Little One!

On Apr 3, 2012, at 6:00 PM, Lea Ann Savage wrote:Just to share…1) crustless quiche for breakfast (you could EASILY pour it into a pie shell for a crusted quiche :-)2) Beet Tops and Banana Smoothie for lunch3) chopped carrots, celery, onion, red pepper to go into a pot of chili (for dinner)4) made corn meal from pop corn in the dry container5) made a batch of coconut butter while the chili was cooking6) didn't really clean the container after #4 and used the VM as a mixer to whirl up a corn bread batter.OK - I KNOW people are going to ask me for my quiche recipe. But I don't really have a recipe. I get my eggs from the neighbors so I can't say how many eggs because they come in all sizes :-) But if they were all the size of store eggs, I'd say I used about 5 eggs. Then I add some heavy cream (I just pour it in until it looks right :-) More = a lighter, fluffier quiche. Then Sea Salt and whatever veggies I have on hand. I had some left over steamed asparagus, so I added some of that. Onions are always good to add. Then I toss in whatever crumbly cheese I have on hand (feta, parmesan, cottage, etc.) Then I mix this all up on a low variable speed, pour into a greased pie plate (or a pie shell if you're using one), top with shredded cheddar, and bake at 350° for 1/2 hour or until the middle is done…How did you use your Vitamix today?Blessings,Lea Ann SavageSatellite Beach, FL(321) 773-7088 (home)(321-961-9219 (cell)))><------------------------------------Please'>www.VitamixLady.comwww..com<:)))><------------------------------------Please bookmark these pages:/links/ (this is the Links page where I save the answers to FAQs and Answers, Recipes, and LOTS of other helpful information - this page is always being added to)/links/IMPORTANT__Membership__001327149393/PLEASE DON'T UNSUBSCRIBE IF YOU ARE GETTING TOO MUCH MAIL! (if you unsubscribe, you will lose access to the Links page - an Encyclopedia of Collected Vitamix Wisdom! Go to this link to learn how to stop mail from coming, but STILL be a member of the group so you can STILL visit the Links page and read messages online!

Guest guest

Please add the quiche recipe to the files. Thanks.

>

> Just to share…

>

> 1) crustless quiche for breakfast (you could EASILY pour it into a pie shell

for a crusted quiche :-)

> 2) Beet Tops and Banana Smoothie for lunch

> 3) chopped carrots, celery, onion, red pepper to go into a pot of chili (for

dinner)

> 4) made corn meal from pop corn in the dry container

> 5) made a batch of coconut butter while the chili was cooking

> 6) didn't really clean the container after #4 and used the VM as a mixer to

whirl up a corn bread batter.

>

> OK - I KNOW people are going to ask me for my quiche recipe. But I don't

really have a recipe. I get my eggs from the neighbors so I can't say how many

eggs because they come in all sizes :-) But if they were all the size of store

eggs, I'd say I used about 5 eggs. Then I add some heavy cream (I just pour it

in until it looks right :-) More = a lighter, fluffier quiche. Then Sea Salt

and whatever veggies I have on hand. I had some left over steamed asparagus, so

I added some of that. Onions are always good to add. Then I toss in whatever

crumbly cheese I have on hand (feta, parmesan, cottage, etc.) Then I mix this

all up on a low variable speed, pour into a greased pie plate (or a pie shell if

you're using one), top with shredded cheddar, and bake at 350° for 1/2 hour or

until the middle is done…

>

> How did you use your Vitamix today?

>

> Blessings,

> Lea Ann Savage

> Satellite Beach, FL

> (321) 773-7088 (home)

> (321-961-9219 (cell)

> www.VitamixLady.com

> www..com

> <:)))><

>

Guest guest

Done!Links > 1 -RECIPES > EntreesBy the way - anyone can add a link. (and I'd LOVE it if more people added links :-)1) Go to the bottom of your email (if you are on individual mail or daily digest) and click on the link titled "messages in this topic"2) Once there, find the message (sometimes it is in the follow up replies below the original message)3) Once you have the message visible on your screen, copy the URL at the top of the page (in your web browser's address bar)4) Go to the links page, find the appropriate place to save it, and follow instructions for adding a link.I like for the links to go to messages posted to the list, that way everyone can see the follow up comments. If you want to post to something online, please post the link to the list, then add the link to the Message.

Blessings,Lea Ann SavageSatellite Beach, FL(321) 773-7088 (home)(321-961-9219 (cell)))><'>www.VitamixLady.comwww..com<:)))><

On Apr 4, 2012, at 6:04 AM, flnancy1958 wrote:

Please add the quiche recipe to the files. Thanks.

>

> Just to share…

>

> 1) crustless quiche for breakfast (you could EASILY pour it into a pie shell for a crusted quiche :-)

> 3) chopped carrots, celery, onion, red pepper to go into a pot of chili (for dinner)

> 6) didn't really clean the container after #4 and used the VM as a mixer to whirl up a corn bread batter.

>

> OK - I KNOW people are going to ask me for my quiche recipe. But I don't really have a recipe. I get my eggs from the neighbors so I can't say how many eggs because they come in all sizes :-) But if they were all the size of store eggs, I'd say I used about 5 eggs. Then I add some heavy cream (I just pour it in until it looks right :-) More = a lighter, fluffier quiche. Then Sea Salt and whatever veggies I have on hand. I had some left over steamed asparagus, so I added some of that. Onions are always good to add. Then I toss in whatever crumbly cheese I have on hand (feta, parmesan, cottage, etc.) Then I mix this all up on a low variable speed, pour into a greased pie plate (or a pie shell if you're using one), top with shredded cheddar, and bake at 350° for 1/2 hour or until the middle is done…

>

>

> Blessings,

> Lea Ann Savage

> Satellite Beach, FL

> (321) 773-7088 (home)

> (321-961-9219 (cell)

> www.VitamixLady.com

> www..com

>

Guest guest

I have been meaning to try the quice recipe in the Vitamix book - it uses brown

rice mixed with an egg to form the crust, sounds like a good idea for those

avoiding gluten.

>

> Just to share…

>

dinner)

>

all up on a low variable speed, pour into a greased pie plate (or a pie shell if

>

>

> Blessings,

> Lea Ann Savage

> Satellite Beach, FL

> (321) 773-7088 (home)

> (321-961-9219 (cell)

> www.VitamixLady.com

> www..com

>

Guest guest

Hi! My name is Dawn, I'm from Massachusetts and I LOVE my Vitamix! I've had

it for about a year ½ and I don't use it nearly enough, but I do use it every

day for something! I am always looking for new things to do with it! This is a

great group to learn from! Here's what I've used it for:

1. I make a protein shake every morning with protein powder, water, instant

decaf coffee, splenda, cocoa powder, a little flavored creamer and a lot of ice

(maybe 2 cups) and make it like a shake. It tastes great, and better than just

a coffee & #61514;

2. I make green smoothies all the time for me, my hubby and dog! Using a wide

array of veggies and fruit!

3. I mix up cucumber, some greens, apple almost every day for my dogs

4. I've been playing with it to make ice cream, I have not perfected that yet ;)

5. I've made a quick sauce with tomatoes from cans and added everything right in

blender and put on stove to cook for a while

6. I've mixed up pancake and waffle batter in it

7. I've made some of the soup recipes, but I feel like they all have a similar

taste

8. My favorite is how quick it is to make a fresh salsa!!!

9. I've made a cantaloupe cold soup – that was a HUGE hit in the summer as well

as a watermelon gazpacho

I want to be more creative with it and use it ALL the time, so keep the ideas

coming!!!! Thanks and look forward to chatting with all of you!

>

> Just to share…

>

dinner)

>

>

>

> Blessings,

> Lea Ann Savage

> Satellite Beach, FL

> (321) 773-7088 (home)

> (321-961-9219 (cell)

> www.VitamixLady.com

> www..com

>

Guest guest

Thank you Dawn for sharing! That cantaloupe cold soup sounds awesome!Last summer I froze some watermelon and mixed it with some unfrozen to make a watermelon sorbet. I've done the same with cantaloupe, and carrot juice! SINGLE ingredient Sorbets! :-) Yummy, and healthy!

Blessings,Lea Ann SavageSatellite Beach, FL(321) 773-7088 (home)(321-961-9219 (cell)))><'>www.VitamixLady.comwww..com<:)))><

On Apr 5, 2012, at 8:13 AM, Dawn wrote:

Hi! My name is Dawn, I'm from Massachusetts and I LOVE my Vitamix! I've had it for about a year ½ and I don't use it nearly enough, but I do use it every day for something! I am always looking for new things to do with it! This is a great group to learn from! Here's what I've used it for:

1. I make a protein shake every morning with protein powder, water, instant decaf coffee, splenda, cocoa powder, a little flavored creamer and a lot of ice (maybe 2 cups) and make it like a shake. It tastes great, and better than just a coffee & #61514;

2. I make green smoothies all the time for me, my hubby and dog! Using a wide array of veggies and fruit!

4. I've been playing with it to make ice cream, I have not perfected that yet ;)

5. I've made a quick sauce with tomatoes from cans and added everything right in blender and put on stove to cook for a while

7. I've made some of the soup recipes, but I feel like they all have a similar taste

9. I've made a cantaloupe cold soup – that was a HUGE hit in the summer as well as a watermelon gazpacho

I want to be more creative with it and use it ALL the time, so keep the ideas coming!!!! Thanks and look forward to chatting with all of you!

>

> Just to share…

>

> 1) crustless quiche for breakfast (you could EASILY pour it into a pie shell for a crusted quiche :-)

> 3) chopped carrots, celery, onion, red pepper to go into a pot of chili (for dinner)

> 6) didn't really clean the container after #4 and used the VM as a mixer to whirl up a corn bread batter.

>

> OK - I KNOW people are going to ask me for my quiche recipe. But I don't really have a recipe. I get my eggs from the neighbors so I can't say how many eggs because they come in all sizes :-) But if they were all the size of store eggs, I'd say I used about 5 eggs. Then I add some heavy cream (I just pour it in until it looks right :-) More = a lighter, fluffier quiche. Then Sea Salt and whatever veggies I have on hand. I had some left over steamed asparagus, so I added some of that. Onions are always good to add. Then I toss in whatever crumbly cheese I have on hand (feta, parmesan, cottage, etc.) Then I mix this all up on a low variable speed, pour into a greased pie plate (or a pie shell if you're using one), top with shredded cheddar, and bake at 350° for 1/2 hour or until the middle is done…

>

>

> Blessings,

> Lea Ann Savage

> Satellite Beach, FL

> (321) 773-7088 (home)

> (321-961-9219 (cell)

> www.VitamixLady.com

> www..com

>

Guest guest

Thank for the inspiration of this post the other day. I used it for more than my smoothie today. Made pancake batter including white beans and bananas. Then rinsed and used for my smoothie. I am getting the hang of using the vitamix for more than the smoothie!

On Apr 5, 2012, at 8:58 AM, Lea Ann Savage wrote:

Thank you Dawn for sharing! That cantaloupe cold soup sounds awesome!Last summer I froze some watermelon and mixed it with some unfrozen to make a watermelon sorbet. I've done the same with cantaloupe, and carrot juice! SINGLE ingredient Sorbets! :-) Yummy, and healthy!

Hi! My name is Dawn, I'm from Massachusetts and I LOVE my Vitamix! I've had it for about a year ½ and I don't use it nearly enough, but I do use it every day for something! I am always looking for new things to do with it! This is a great group to learn from! Here's what I've used it for:

1. I make a protein shake every morning with protein powder, water, instant decaf coffee, splenda, cocoa powder, a little flavored creamer and a lot of ice (maybe 2 cups) and make it like a shake. It tastes great, and better than just a coffee & #61514;

2. I make green smoothies all the time for me, my hubby and dog! Using a wide array of veggies and fruit!

5. I've made a quick sauce with tomatoes from cans and added everything right in blender and put on stove to cook for a while

7. I've made some of the soup recipes, but I feel like they all have a similar taste

9. I've made a cantaloupe cold soup – that was a HUGE hit in the summer as well as a watermelon gazpacho

I want to be more creative with it and use it ALL the time, so keep the ideas coming!!!! Thanks and look forward to chatting with all of you!

>

> Just to share…

>

>

>

>

> Blessings,

> Lea Ann Savage

> Satellite Beach, FL

> (321) 773-7088 (home)

> (321-961-9219 (cell)

> www.VitamixLady.com

> www..com

>

Guest guest

That is my ultimate goal! For me, $400 was a LOAD of $$$ (and I'm NOT a kitchen gadget kind of gal :-) I could never in good conscious sell this machine if I thought that people would spend the money, then it would rot in a cupboard somewhere. I set up this Group as a way to hopefully help people find and try to use ALL of they ways the machine can be used. Then, that $400+ purchase will have been money WELL spent!

On Apr 5, 2012, at 11:11 AM, hai quan wrote:

Thank for the inspiration of this post the other day. I used it for more than my smoothie today. Made pancake batter including white beans and bananas. Then rinsed and used for my smoothie. I am getting the hang of using the vitamix for more than the smoothie!

On Apr 5, 2012, at 8:58 AM, Lea Ann Savage wrote:

>

> Just to share…

>

>

>

>

> Blessings,

> Lea Ann Savage

> Satellite Beach, FL

> (321) 773-7088 (home)

> (321-961-9219 (cell)

> www.VitamixLady.com

> www..com

>

Guest guest

I finally get to play! UPS man brought my VM yesterday!!

I made two smoothies yesterday but don't really remember what was in them. One

was good, one not so much.

This morning I made:

4 swiss chard leaves

1 handful wild edibles (violets, chickweed and purple dead nettle)

1 frozen banana

1 cup frozen pineapple

..5 cup frozen raspberries (picked last year)

2 cups water.

I'm very pleased. It's awesome. I would prefer it a little icier though, so

next time half water, half ice.

I'm really impressed by the recipe book that came with the VM. I'm excited to

try some of the sauces and soups. And I should be able to whip up a rockin'

bloody mary for my husband too, so he'll be thrilled. I plan to make mayonnaise

tonight to use in the deviled eggs I'm supposed to bring to family for the

weekend.

And as a side note, for anyone that thinks this thing is loud, I would like to

offer them my Oster Beehive blender. I used to wear earplugs when using it. No

Joke. The VM is MUCH quieter.

>

> Thank for the inspiration of this post the other day. I used it for more than

my smoothie today. Made pancake batter including white beans and bananas. Then

rinsed and used for my smoothie. I am getting the hang of using the vitamix for

more than the smoothie!

> Thanks,

>

Guest guest

Hi I'm trying to use my VM in creative ways. Can you share the cantaloupe soup?thanxSusyOn Apr 5, 2012, at 5:13 AM, Dawn wrote:

>

> Just to share…

>

>

>

>

> Blessings,

> Lea Ann Savage

> Satellite Beach, FL

> (321) 773-7088 (home)

> (321-961-9219 (cell)

> www.VitamixLady.com

> www..com

>