RemedySpot.com

Re: The ice cream revisited

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

I pretty much stick to the basics but I totally enjoy reading about all your experiments and feeling your excitement when something turns out great!

Fran

In a message dated 3/30/2012 3:52:08 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time, tpogue@... writes:

Still fiddling around with these ice creams. I wondered if the enzyme the keeps the gelatin from working in fresh pineapple would also prevent Xanthan gum from working. It does not! I just made the ice cream using fresh but frozen pineapple. I used no cream and no extra sugar. Just coconut syrup up to but not over the blades, two cups plus of frozen pineapple, and 1/2 teaspoon Xanthan gum. fabulous creamy ice cream. I'm sure you can come up with something coconutty you could use if you don't have the syrup.TerrySent from my iPadHD

Guest guest

Lol I'm glad I'm not boring everyone to death. Between between the. vitaMix and the iSI gun I'm always trying too improve flavors or textures. Cdid I tell you I put up a photo of last nights dinner? We had salad and I made stuffed eggs but didn't use egg yolks. They are filled with a fresh green salsa foam. If you'd like to take a peek.Http://www.flicker.com/terrypogue Sent from my iPadHDOn Mar 30, 2012, at 3:59 PM, fradal@... wrote:

I pretty much stick to the basics but I totally enjoy reading about all your experiments and feeling your excitement when something turns out great!

Fran

In a message dated 3/30/2012 3:52:08 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time, tpogue@... writes:

Still fiddling around with these ice creams. I wondered if the enzyme the keeps the gelatin from working in fresh pineapple would also prevent Xanthan gum from working. It does not! I just made the ice cream using fresh but frozen pineapple. I used no cream and no extra sugar. Just coconut syrup up to but not over the blades, two cups plus of frozen pineapple, and 1/2 teaspoon Xanthan gum. fabulous creamy ice cream. I'm sure you can come up with something coconutty you could use if you don't have the syrup.TerrySent from my iPadHD

Guest guest

My, did you really make all these dishes yourself? Are you a chef lol?

Lol I'm glad I'm not boring everyone to death. Between between the. vitaMix and the iSI gun I'm always trying too improve flavors or textures.

Cdid I tell you I put up a photo of last nights dinner? We had salad and I made stuffed eggs but didn't use egg yolks. They are filled with a fresh green salsa foam.

If you'd like to take a peek.

Http://www.flicker.com/terrypogue Sent from my iPadHD

On Mar 30, 2012, at 3:59 PM, fradal@... wrote:

Fran

Guest guest

Most I made myself. Some parties were catered but certainly most are mine. Even

when I have something catered I always have my dishes on the table. I need the

catering mostly for the service help and cleanup.

On Mar 30, 2012, at 4:45 PM, sanr wrote:

>

>

> My, did you really make all these dishes yourself? Are you a chef lol?

>

> Lol I'm glad I'm not boring everyone to death. Between between the. vitaMix

and the iSI gun I'm always trying too improve flavors or textures.

> Cdid I tell you I put up a photo of last nights dinner? We had salad and I

made stuffed eggs but didn't use egg yolks. They are filled with a fresh green

salsa foam.

> If you'd like to take a peek.

> Http://www.flicker.com/terrypogue

>

> Sent from my iPadHD

>

> On Mar 30, 2012, at 3:59 PM, fradal@... wrote:

>

>> I pretty much stick to the basics but I totally enjoy reading about all your

experiments and feeling your excitement when something turns out great!

>>

>> Fran

>>

>> In a message dated 3/30/2012 3:52:08 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,

tpogue@... writes:

>>

>>

>>

>> Still fiddling around with these ice creams. I wondered if the enzyme the

keeps the gelatin from working in fresh pineapple would also prevent Xanthan gum

from working. It does not! I just made the ice cream using fresh but frozen

pineapple. I used no cream and no extra sugar. Just coconut syrup up to but not

over the blades, two cups plus of frozen pineapple, and 1/2 teaspoon Xanthan

gum. fabulous creamy ice cream.

>> I'm sure you can come up with something coconutty you could use if you don't

have the syrup.

>> Terry

>>

>> Sent from my iPadHD

>>

>

>

>

Guest guest

Great pics. Love the pretty dog!TrishSent from my iPadOn Mar 30, 2012, at 3:18 PM, Terry Pogue <tpogue@...> wrote:

Lol I'm glad I'm not boring everyone to death. Between between the. vitaMix and the iSI gun I'm always trying too improve flavors or textures. Cdid I tell you I put up a photo of last nights dinner? We had salad and I made stuffed eggs but didn't use egg yolks. They are filled with a fresh green salsa foam. If you'd like to take a peek.Http://www.flicker.com/terrypogue Sent from my iPadHDOn Mar 30, 2012, at 3:59 PM, fradal@... wrote:

Fran

=

Guest guest

Wow Terry, very impressive and I love your doggies !!  Did you make the cheese roll?  If so would you share the recipe?  It looks like a work or art.Thanks,Leanne