RemedySpot.com

Re: What's in your Vitamix pantry? What do you try to keep on hand/in stock?

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

I use Glucomannan Powder as a thickener.Here are some of the additives that I use in my smoothes:http://vitamixlady.com/sweeteners-smoothie-additives/Blessings,Lea Ann SavageSatellite Beach, FL(321) 773-7088 (home)(321-961-9219 (cell)))><'>www.VitamixLady.comwww..com<:)))><

On Apr 2, 2012, at 1:28 PM, mariadnoca wrote:

Being the newbie that I am, I've seen mention lots of items I don't readily have on hand, such as Xanthan gum and the like, some frozen items, cream, etc. So I thought it might be interesting/fun to share what you/we try to keep on hand in our VM pantries (even thought some items might be fresh) so to speak.

So far with me it's been mostly fresh organic items: oranges, bananas, pineapple, spinach, carrots, garlic, and kale - I haven't found organic grapes yet. Also chia seeds.

I'd like to stock up so when I see recipes here I'm likely to have some of the ingredients in the house.

What ingredients/fresh/frozen items do you try to keep on hand?

-

Guest guest

Flax seed, chia seed, sunflower seeds, almonds.

Maca powder, cocoa.

Dates

Velda

On 4/2/2012 10:28 AM, mariadnoca wrote:

> Being the newbie that I am, I've seen mention lots of items I don't readily

have on hand, such as Xanthan gum and the like, some frozen items, cream, etc.

So I thought it might be interesting/fun to share what you/we try to keep on

hand in our VM pantries (even thought some items might be fresh) so to speak.

>

> So far with me it's been mostly fresh organic items: oranges, bananas,

pineapple, spinach, carrots, garlic, and kale - I haven't found organic grapes

yet. Also chia seeds.

>

> I'd like to stock up so when I see recipes here I'm likely to have some of the

ingredients in the house.

>

> What ingredients/fresh/frozen items do you try to keep on hand?

>

> -

>

>

>

> ------------------------------------

>

> Please bookmark these pages:

>

> /links/

> (this is the Links page where I save the answers to FAQs and Answers, Recipes,

and LOTS of other helpful information - this page is always being added to)

>

>

/links/IMPORTANT_VitamixE\

nthusiasts_Membership__001327149393/

> PLEASE DON'T UNSUBSCRIBE IF YOU ARE GETTING TOO MUCH MAIL! (if you

unsubscribe, you will lose access to the Links page - an Encyclopedia of

Collected Vitamix Wisdom! Go to this link to learn how to stop mail from

coming, but STILL be a member of the group so you can STILL visit the Links page

and read messages online!

Guest guest

Fresh, frozen, fruit, apples, bananas, broccoli and fresh spinach. G From: Velda <solomon@...> Sent: Tuesday, April 3, 2012 12:14 AM Subject: Re: What's in your Vitamix "pantry"? What do you try to keep on hand/in stock?

Flax seed, chia seed, sunflower seeds, almonds.

Maca powder, cocoa.

Dates

Velda

On 4/2/2012 10:28 AM, mariadnoca wrote:

> Being the newbie that I am, I've seen mention lots of items I don't readily have on hand, such as Xanthan gum and the like, some frozen items, cream, etc. So I thought it might be interesting/fun to share what you/we try to keep on hand in our VM pantries (even thought some items might be fresh) so to speak.

>

> So far with me it's been mostly fresh organic items: oranges, bananas, pineapple, spinach, carrots, garlic, and kale - I haven't found organic grapes yet. Also chia seeds.

>

> I'd like to stock up so when I see recipes here I'm likely to have some of the ingredients in the house.

>

> What ingredients/fresh/frozen items do you try to keep on hand?

>

> -

>

>

>

> ------------------------------------

>

> Please bookmark these pages:

>

> /links/

> (this is the Links page where I save the answers to FAQs and Answers, Recipes, and LOTS of other helpful information - this page is always being added to)

>

> /links/IMPORTANT__Membership__001327149393/

> PLEASE DON'T UNSUBSCRIBE IF YOU ARE GETTING TOO MUCH MAIL! (if you unsubscribe, you will lose access to the Links page - an Encyclopedia of Collected Vitamix Wisdom! Go to this link to learn how to stop mail from coming, but STILL be a member of the group so you can STILL visit the Links page and read messages online!

Guest guest

bananas & apples - at least one or the other seem to be in most of our smoothies. Apples go well with many veggies shakes.avocado - makes things creamy and smooth and most of the other fruits cover the taste.frozen berries - especially raspberry, black berry combo and blueberries. I get them in large bags, organic, from Costco. I don't like the raspberry/blackberry seeds so I am letting those berries thaw and then letting the vitamix do its job for a few minutes. After that the little seeds are too small to notice. I pour the berry juice in a glass pitcher and use it over several days in our smoothies.local, raw honey for sweetener and to help with allergiesEgg yolksCarrots or zucchini almost always on handI keep liver in the freezer and add it almost every day to our morning smoothie for a big vitamin boost - but that is another discussion topic! hahaI have just ordered some berry powders for the first time. They are freeze dried and then powdered, organic, no additives - read labels to make sure. Used one today and it made for a yummy shake! Vitacost sells navitas naturals (we had the goji today and plan on pomegranate tomorrow). From sunfood.com, we have ordered and just received camu camu powder (which is crazy high in Vit C but also more expensive than the others so is just on the shelf when we need a vit C boost) and Lucuma Powder. The camu camu is tart and a slight bitter taste but the lucuma is tasted like a cross between coconut, banana and vanilla. Not really sure how to describe it but it will be a nice addition to our smoothies. anyway, these powders are just a way we are adding "superfoods" to our diet and increasing our food variety. Cocoa powder is also always on my shelf. Have made some delicious chocolate milk - extra thick and creamy with egg yolks and avocado hidden in the chocolate, honey and milk. A while in the vitamix and my son has no idea what he is eating but he enjoys it! ;-) Sweet potatoes used to be an almost daily addition, too. They also work in chocolate milk and add creaminess and sweetness while enriching the nutrient content. I would bake a large batch, puree and freeze in little baggies and then have them on hand to add to bread products (like pancakes) and chocolate milk or just mix with applesauce to eat. I have found chocolate milk shakes to be a good place to hide various green powders since the chocolate taste is strong. On all of the things I add for my son I err on the side of caution, using less than I would use for myself. I would rather him drink a little than to make him what I really want him to have and then end up drinking it myself! Applesauce is another staple I keep on hand to add sweetness. Milk, usually cow but right now goat, is the other thing that we use for our fruit smoothies almost every day

Thanks,My Favorite Video for My Little One!

On Apr 2, 2012, at 12:28 PM, mariadnoca wrote:

Being the newbie that I am, I've seen mention lots of items I don't readily have on hand, such as Xanthan gum and the like, some frozen items, cream, etc. So I thought it might be interesting/fun to share what you/we try to keep on hand in our VM pantries (even thought some items might be fresh) so to speak.

So far with me it's been mostly fresh organic items: oranges, bananas, pineapple, spinach, carrots, garlic, and kale - I haven't found organic grapes yet. Also chia seeds.

I'd like to stock up so when I see recipes here I'm likely to have some of the ingredients in the house.

What ingredients/fresh/frozen items do you try to keep on hand?

-