RemedySpot.com

Terry Re: OT was Caesar Salad report

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

How long do the tubes last once opened?

Sent: Saturday, March 10, 2012 6:04 PM

Subject: Re: Caesar Salad report

That's so funny. I know many people who don't like anchovies but like them when melted into sauces and such. I don't much like them on pizza. They can be overly strong and salty. I use the Amore Pastes in tubes simply because I don't want to waste a whole tin when all I want is one little skinny anchovy for a sauce. I keep Anchovy Paste, Pesto Paste and Tomato Paste in the fridge. It's the same with tomato paste. I don't like opening a can of paste, using 1 or 2 tablespoons and then having to fool around with spooning the rest out to freeze. It's just easier having in in a tube in the fridge.On Mar 10, 2012, at 4:20 PM, Velda wrote:> Thanks so much for posting the recipe. I look forward to trying it. > Gotta go get Anchovie paste, then hide it so husband does not know I > used it. LOL- he uses Worcestershire and it contains Anchovies too and > he likes it, but if you tell him it's in it, he suddenly knows its there > and says he does not like it.> Velda> > On 3/10/2012 11:49 AM, Terry Pogue wrote:>> , You've made a believer out of me. I rarely make more dressing than what I will use on a salad that night so I figured it wasn't worth using the Vitamix but in this case since I have some solids in the egg yolk, and anchovy paste (to day I added a little squirt of Pesto paste) It was really really nice after the Vitamix run since my whisk doesn't do that what the VM does.>> In any even this is a lovely texture. I am very very pleased.>> >> For true Caesar Salad lovers this is just my "everyday" creation. On days when I don't want to rub bowls with garlic and mix in raw eggs and jump thru all those hoops. This is similar in taste but it is not authentic as I'm sure you know. But, if you do like the real deal you might want to give this a try on days when you don't want to mess.>> terry>> >> >> Terry's Everyday Caesar Salad>> Recipe By: Terry Pogue>> >> Ingredients>> 1 hard cooked egg yolk>> 1 heaping teaspoon anchovy paste>> 1 heaping teaspoon dijon mustard>> 1 dash Worcestershire Sauce>> juice of 1/2 lemon (if it's really juicy or 1 whole lemon if not)>> 2 or 3 glugs of your best olive oil (just taste, it depends on how much lemon juice you use>> salt and pepper>> hearts of romaine>> >> >> Instructions>> Mash the egg yolk well with a fork.>> Add the anchovy paste and dijon mustard.>> Stir well. Mix in the lemon juice and the worcestershire sauce>> Whisk the olive oil in very well.>> add the salt and pepper>> I chop up the egg whites and toss into the romaine .>> Add enough dressing to coat each leaf.>> >> >> >> Recipe Notes>> To make the real Caesar's Salad for one. Made by the cafe in Tiajauana Mexico where the salad was invented.>> >> >> >> In a large wooden bowl mix anchovy paste, garlic, olive oil together>> >> then add a squeeze of>> lime juice, a bit of mustard, and a splash of worcestershire sauce.>> Mixing all the while.>> >> Mix in more>> olive oil, red wine vinegar, salt and pepper and add yolk of a coddled egg and some parmesan cheese>> >> work the dressing until creamy.>> >> Add the romaine lettuce and toss.>> >> >> Exported from A Cook's Books -- Recipe management for Macintosh>> >> >> >> >> >> ------------------------------------>> >> Please bookmark these pages:>> >> /links/>> (this is the Links page where I save the answers to FAQs and Answers, Recipes, and LOTS of other helpful information - this page is always being added to)>> >> /links/IMPORTANT__Membership__001327149393/>> PLEASE DON'T UNSUBSCRIBE IF YOU ARE GETTING TOO MUCH MAIL! (if you unsubscribe, you will lose access to the Links page - an Encyclopedia of Collected Vitamix Wisdom! Go to this link to learn how to stop mail from coming, but STILL be a member of the group so you can STILL visit the Links page and read messages online!