RemedySpot.com

Re: TOM-One last Splenda note

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Congratulations, on your weight loss, Tom!Up until about 4 yrs ago, I was a "heavy" Splenda user, and, like you,an Equal user before that, for a total of more than 20 yrs. I never hadany ill effects, either, and lost 70 lbs. As a med/Surg Nurse however,I did see a few people that had adverse reactions to Equal.But, they admitted to drinking "A 6-pack" of diet soda, and, at least 5 cupsof coffee (with 2 packets sweetener, each) per day. One said he had 5 of theqt. bottles of diet soda a day, and "About" 10 cups of coffee with 3 packets of sweetener each. I can't even imagine drinking that much

soda, and coffee!Anyway, I just pretty much stopped (Not totally) all sweetners except the kindyou get from fruits. Sometimes I'll use honey, or agave, or stevia. On rare occassions I'll use Splenda. I believe in "All things in moderation", Except, ofcourse most processed foods! And yes there are 2 sides to most things. SomeMD's, Dieticians, Biochemists, etc say it's fine, in moderation. Some say elimanateit, if you can. To each his own. G P.S. This is my last post on this subject. I want to get back to VitaMix topics.

From: Tom Matuschak <pmatus@...> Sent: Sunday, January 29, 2012 4:34 PM Subject: RE: One last Splenda note

Kathie I get your point too. There are two sides to most things and if you're happy with the choice you made I am happy for you. I personally have taken in moderation Splenda and Equal before that for at least the past 15 years and I guess I am fortunate that none of the bad issues some claim to happen if you do take it. During that time I lost over 50 pounds and have kept it off too. Tom From: [mailto: ] On Behalf Of Carrol GanoeSent: Sunday, January 29, 2012 6:27 PM Subject: Re: One last Splenda note FINALLY! Someone gets the point I'm trying to make!! G From: Velda <solomon@...> Sent: Sunday, January 29, 2012 2:10 PMSubject: Re: One last Splenda note Sorry, but I almost fell out of my chair laughing over that one. VeldaOn 1/29/2012 12:23 PM, Carrol Ganoe wrote: From my Cousin: Work and EducationEmployersApplied Biochemistry and ConsultingJuneau, AlaskaHealth and Environmental ConsultationsGrad SchoolUniversity of Nevada, RenoClass of 1986 · PhD · Health Science · Biochemsitry · Biology/Chemistry "Very few hazards to Spenda. It is the only artificial sweetener served in most hospitals."