RemedySpot.com

Container Cleaning Methods - was - Cleaning Nut Butter off of the container the EASY WAY - was - Went to a demo today! Reconditioned machine question

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

This is one of the kinds I have:http://www.amazon.com/OXO-Good-Grips-Bottle-Brush/dp/B00004OCLJI find bottle brushes just as long at my local grocery store. I have several :-), I am thinking that the toothbrush would be awesome for deep cleaning under the blades, but because of its large surface area, in the time that I can swish the brush around the blades, and up all of the sides of the container (including the outside) I'd only have about 4 square inches of the container cleaned with the small head of an electric toothbrush.My bottle brush bristles get under the blades pretty well.I'm amazed at how the filmy build up on my container has disappeared now that I'm consistently using a bottle brush. Using anything on the sides that would apply physical contact to scrub off the thin vegetable film (like a sponge - especially the stiff, scrubby side of a sponge) would do - I just find that I can swish and swirl my bottle brush SO QUICKLY (around the blades, then around the inside, then a quick swipe at the outside) that it takes no more time than buzzing it with soapy water!Also, I would think that the electric toothbrush would be awesome for really getting that film off of the container if it was already built up. I scrubbed the film off of mine with a white paper towel dipped in water then dipped in baking soda. You can't believe how much film there is until you see that white paper towel turn rust-colored brown! After a few scrub sessions in the same area, it slowly ends up white again, and you know the film is gone and you can move on to a new area. It is pretty labor intensive, but this can get a cloudy container looking almost brand new again!Once the vegetable film build up is off (it has to be really scrubbed off), the film-free, and clear-container appearance can easily be maintained by using a bottle brush or other method of surface-contact cleaning.

Blessings,Lea Ann SavageSatellite Beach, FL(321) 773-7088 (home)(321-961-9219 (cell)))><'>www.VitamixLady.comwww..com<:)))><

On Mar 11, 2012, at 10:29 AM, Berry wrote:

Those disposable 5 dollar electric toothbrushes work great for cleaning the containers too-just the right size to reach down in them, and the small head makes it easy to get under the blades.Sent from my iPad

=