Can the pitted dates be used the same as the medjool dates in smoothies? Just

wondering what the difference is between them. I always see that medjool dates

are the ones listed to add into the recipes but I bought a bag of pitted dates

(deglet noor) and notice that they are firmer but seem to grind up ok. I can't

seem to find any info of why medjool dates seem to be preferred. Any date

experts out there? ;)

-janel

Guest guest

Both kinds are absolutely useable in the Vitamix.

Blessings,Lea Ann SavageSatellite Beach, FL(321) 773-7088 (home)(321-961-9219 (cell)))><'>www.VitamixLady.comwww..com<:)))><

On Apr 8, 2012, at 10:23 AM, Janel wrote:

Hi all,

Can the pitted dates be used the same as the medjool dates in smoothies? Just wondering what the difference is between them. I always see that medjool dates are the ones listed to add into the recipes but I bought a bag of pitted dates (deglet noor) and notice that they are firmer but seem to grind up ok. I can't seem to find any info of why medjool dates seem to be preferred. Any date experts out there? ;)

-janel

Guest guest

Hi there. Both are fine. Medjool are sweeter and more... Erm... Well rounded flavour. Debbie

Hi all,

Can the pitted dates be used the same as the medjool dates in smoothies? Just wondering what the difference is between them. I always see that medjool dates are the ones listed to add into the recipes but I bought a bag of pitted dates (deglet noor) and notice that they are firmer but seem to grind up ok. I can't seem to find any info of why medjool dates seem to be preferred. Any date experts out there? ;)

-janel

Guest guest

Could figs be used instead of dates?

From: "drunkendebbieninjamaster@..." <drunkendebbieninjamaster@...>" " < >Sent: Sun, April 8, 2012 5:19:15 PMSubject: Re: Date question

Hi there. Both are fine. Medjool are sweeter and more... Erm... Well rounded flavour.

Debbie

Hi all, Can the pitted dates be used the same as the medjool dates in smoothies? Just wondering what the difference is between them. I always see that medjool dates are the ones listed to add into the recipes but I bought a bag of pitted dates (deglet noor) and notice that they are firmer but seem to grind up ok. I can't seem to find any info of why medjool dates seem to be preferred. Any date experts out there? ;)-janel

Guest guest

They can, but they have a distinct flavor, while dates tend to taste more like just plain sugar. You can use prunes, raisins, figs, etc. as long as the taste is something that pleases your palate! :-)

Blessings,Lea Ann SavageSatellite Beach, FL(321) 773-7088 (home)(321-961-9219 (cell)))><'>www.VitamixLady.comwww..com<:)))><

On Apr 8, 2012, at 6:24 PM, Norma Holt wrote:

Could figs be used instead of dates?

From: "drunkendebbieninjamaster@..." <drunkendebbieninjamaster@...>" " < >Sent: Sun, April 8, 2012 5:19:15 PMSubject: Re: Date question

Hi there. Both are fine. Medjool are sweeter and more... Erm... Well rounded flavour.

Debbie

Hi all, Can the pitted dates be used the same as the medjool dates in smoothies? Just wondering what the difference is between them. I always see that medjool dates are the ones listed to add into the recipes but I bought a bag of pitted dates (deglet noor) and notice that they are firmer but seem to grind up ok. I can't seem to find any info of why medjool dates seem to be preferred. Any date experts out there? ;)-janel