RemedySpot.com

Stop The Thyroid Madness - was - Why Cauliflower Should Be On Your Grocery List

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Although there is no be-all-end-all source of information with the definitive answer for EVERYONE - I do believe that there is a LOT of VERY helpful information at the www.StopTheThyroidMadness.com website, and highly recommend that anyone who has or suspects they have thyroid "issues" to get the book.Is her treatment plan 100% the ONLY way to go? I don't thing so for everyone, but the knowledge you will gain from that book will put you way ahead of 90% of the endocrinologists out there - seriously.Here is an endocrinologist who also understands thyroid issueshttp://www.holtorfmed.com/thyroid-disorders.html (does he know it all? - no, but, "Stop The Thyroid Madness" and Dr. Holtorf's articles are a great place to "begin" your self education. Really - WE are the only ones who have full responsibility for our health - the doctors don't live in our bodies.This is a topic of great interest to me - so I wanted to chime in, but I'm copying this post to the OT list so HOPEFULLY it won't die - but can take on its full life over there :-)I also know there are a LOT of THYROID savvy List Members - I hope you all put in your .2 :-)EVERYONE can EASILY join the OFF TOPIC Vitamix Enthusiasts list (because there is NO Membership Approval process - you are instantly approved!OffTopic/

Blessings,Lea Ann SavageSatellite Beach, FL(321) 773-7088 (home)(321-961-9219 (cell)))><'>www.VitamixLady.comwww..com<:)))><

On Mar 12, 2012, at 9:19 PM, wrote:

Honestly, it is typical, and irresponsible for your endo to say that, but they all do. That is the same as telling someone on cholesterol meds that they can have all the cholesterol rich foods they want (which most people do believe) or someone on diabetes meds that they can eat all the sugar they want. Pills really just mask the symptoms or replace what is missing-they don't address the underlying issue. Sad, but most doctors aren't well educated in how nutrition effects the underlying ailment, whic is why I think we all need to do our own research and determine what is best for us.

>

> Im confused, my endocrinologist has always told me that goitrogen foods are

> safe to eat as long as you are on thyroid medication.

>

> Any comments?

>

>

>

> In HIs Grace....

>

> Robbie

>

>

>

>